OUTHAUL MIZZEN CAR FAILURE

george cerillo

We experienced outhaul mizzen and main car failure (Antal 20x26 100mm) due to shackle failure. The shackles failed slightly off center and the screws holding the assembly were bent when we removed the outhaul car. Has anyone contacted Antal concerning what we consider to be a common problem with their shackle? We are aware that s/v Bebe also experienced this problem, however we find it interesting that the photos from Bebe display the shackle failure in exactly the same place as we did. This, to me, points to a weakness in the shackle. We have contacted Antal US and are awaiting thier response. I posted photos on the website:

OUTHAUL MIZZEN CAR FAILURE

George and Kim Cerillo
SM2K #353 Indecent