Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Annual Haul Out
Stephan,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
We just had our bottom done. It was sanded and we had 2 coats of pettit
ultima ablative paint applied. We used 5 gallons.
I also replaced the two lip seals for the bow thruster- one on the
thruster shaft and one in the thruster through hull opening and 3 spongy
inserts. You should also replace the wearing out bearing and the 3 seals
on the prop shaft and the sail drive oil. The zincs on the rudder and
the zinc and bearings on the weed cutter if you have one. Also, check
the screws in the rudder hinge.
SM 376 kimberlite
From: Stephan Regulinski [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 3:30 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Annual Haul Out
We are planning a haul out in the next several months. Can anyone
advise on basic bottom paint stuff?
1. How much bottom paint should we plan on buying?
2. How many coats are applied?
3. Is a prep coat of something required before bottom paint?
4. What surface prep is required?
Since we will not be in an Amel yard, I want to know how it is best
done, not what the local guy thinks!
I also understand that I should service the bow thruster, change the
seals and oil in the sail drive and check/replace the zincs. Am I
missing anything important?
Thanks for your help,
Stephan G. Regulinski
S/V Delos (SMM #303)
Yahoo! Groups Links
* To visit your group on the web, go to:
* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of