hydrovane - self steering

eric <ericmeury@...>

After reading that a few boats lost their steering in the NARC rally i started doing some reseach on emergency rudder system and while i knew about wind vane steering systems i came across this product.

http://www.hydrovane.com/Introduction.html

I'm still boatless and probably will be for a few more years, but enjoy the "research".

I imagine that most super maramu's do not have a wind vane system, but has anybody thought about putting this particular system on their boat. This particular one does not require any lines to the wheel nor does it attach to the rudder.

Thoughts? experience?