Re: A Relay from Rob Brennan

koenvelleman <no_reply@...>

Hi Rob,

Forgot 1 important item...The fake leather ceiling lining from
early SM's (and Maramu's Sharki's etc), falls down...
This material is foam backed and the foam just desintegrates..
The hotter the climat the faster it desintegrates.
The whole boat is covered with this material also inside lockers etc..
I don't know exactly when Amel changed this, but guess it must have
been 93-94.
Most boats I have seen solved this with some wooden linings, this
works tempory as after a while the whole foam desintegrates and vinyl
is hanging loose between the wooden linings.
Amel now uses the same material but backed with felt.
The only good solution is to remove the old vinyl all over the
boat, and re-glue with the new stuff.
The result is as new, but it took us nearly 3 weeks with 3 people.

Hope this is of any help for You

Koen

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Shepherd" <g4ljf@c...>
wrote:
To the Amel Network: Greetings!

I have been an observer member of your group for many yearning
years. And am about to graduate as an owner member. I'm excited and a
little daunted. The boat, Signore dei Mari is lying Antalya, and very
soon to become Australian owned. She has been Swiss owned (and very
loved since launch in 1989/90.

So hello SuperMaramu and Mediterrranean sailors. Can you help me
please with:

1. location of best slipway services and prices in the eastern Med

2. location of best marina prices

3. best underwriting of SuperMaramus at value for money prices

4. names and manufacturers of best antifouling paints available in
Europe/Turkey

5. do you treat diesel for fungi and bacteria in Europe

6. And I would welcome any and all advice and recommedations
relevant to my finalising my purchase. In anticipation - thank you
and best regards.

My direct contact is brennan@w...

Best regards from downunder,

Rob Brennan