Date   

Re: Amiot switch panel bulbs

amelfango
 

Hi Tony,

Did you ever get a solution to your search for a supply of lower cost blue led panel illumination for your 54?I have the same problem.

Regards,

Rob
AMEL 54 No 120 "Cléo"


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>
 

We used Sikaflex to "glue" them in place. And yes the plates are mounted vertically, no curvation then. When the Sikaflex had dried, we could thighten the screws.

The plate and bolts are made in stainless steel and since we use Sikaflex on the plates, they are insulated towards the aluminium. I geuss there was some Sikaflex on the bolts/screws as well.

We checked the bolts now after our tough sail, and there where one, of eight, bolts that need a slight tightening.

Regards
Annsofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232

Skickat från min iPad

28 maj 2015 kl. 15:18 skrev sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Annsofie and Jonas,

 

Thanks for posting the pictures – that is an interesting solution for holes that have gotten enlarged by repeated drilling out of old rivets.

 

It looks like you place the threaded backing plates vertically so they each capture two of the Socket Cap Screws up and down, but how do you hold the four backing plates in place inside the furling extrusion when you lower it into the socket?  Do you use an adhesive of some type?  Also, are the backing plates curved to match the curvature of the furling extrusion?  That would be good for load distribution as well as giving a larger surface for adhesive.

 

I cannot tell from the picture, but are the backing plates made of stainless steel like the A4-70 Cap Screws? This assembly gets a lot of sea water on it and corrosion between the stainless steel and the aluminum is concerning. Since those are just conventional Socket Cap Screws (aka Allen Head Screws), they are readily available in Aluminum which, combined with an aluminum backing plate, might be a good choice to avoid corrosion and retain the "weak link" safety feature of the rivets. (If you want more strength you might go up from 6mm to 7mm AL, rather than the hugely strong SS bolts.)

One could also use bolts with conventional hex heads that do not stick out so far as the cap screws do, thus avoiding any snagging issues.

 

As for the issue of the cap screws loosening, I should think either a conventional lock washer (split washer) and/or using some Loctite on the threads when assembling would do the trick.

 

Cheers,

Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris


Removing the cabin sole to access water lines in a Sharki

n33077@...
 

I got the response back from Amel about fixing the pressure water lines under the cabin sole.  The break seems to be near freezer compartment about the center of the boat. I can hear the water running when I pressurize the system.


I'm told to remove the table (4 bolts); then remove the screws in the main part of the cabin sole.  The trick will be on how lift it up.  Since new the cabin sole has never been removed; also there is some concern about the wood swelling from humidity and moisture.


If someone has done this or has suggestions, I would be grateful for any ideas.  


Aras 

Sharki #163


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Aft Cabin Lights

Chris Flack
 

Thanks Peter,

That was it!!  I need to do a complete survey of them all.

Cheers
Chris
Hemera SM031



-----Original Message-----
From: "mausi@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Thu, 28 May 2015 7:58 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Aft Cabin Lights

 

Hi Chris,


Take a look in the aft. Bathroom. Looking in the direction of the toilett you will find it lefthand 150 cm above the bottom. 

Best regards,
Peter
SM 46


Re: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

Craig Briggs
 

Annsofie and Jonas,

 

Thanks for posting the pictures – that is an interesting solution for holes that have gotten enlarged by repeated drilling out of old rivets.

 

It looks like you place the threaded backing plates vertically so they each capture two of the Socket Cap Screws up and down, but how do you hold the four backing plates in place inside the furling extrusion when you lower it into the socket?  Do you use an adhesive of some type?  Also, are the backing plates curved to match the curvature of the furling extrusion?  That would be good for load distribution as well as giving a larger surface for adhesive.

 

I cannot tell from the picture, but are the backing plates made of stainless steel like the A4-70 Cap Screws? This assembly gets a lot of sea water on it and corrosion between the stainless steel and the aluminum is concerning. Since those are just conventional Socket Cap Screws (aka Allen Head Screws), they are readily available in Aluminum which, combined with an aluminum backing plate, might be a good choice to avoid corrosion and retain the "weak link" safety feature of the rivets. (If you want more strength you might go up from 6mm to 7mm AL, rather than the hugely strong SS bolts.)

One could also use bolts with conventional hex heads that do not stick out so far as the cap screws do, thus avoiding any snagging issues.

 

As for the issue of the cap screws loosening, I should think either a conventional lock washer (split washer) and/or using some Loctite on the threads when assembling would do the trick.

 

Cheers,

Craig Briggs, SN#68 Sangaris


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dismate See guard

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Thanks Bill
Elja

Balu 222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dismate See guard

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

25mm or 1"

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM, eljaroellinghoff@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Hello all, it is possible to inform someone me the diameter of the guard rail ?? Thanks

Elja SY Balu # 222



Dismate See guard

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Hello all, it is possible to inform someone me the diameter of the guard rail ?? Thanks

Elja SY Balu # 222


Re: Aft Cabin Lights

Peter
 

Hi Chris,

Take a look in the aft. Bathroom. Looking in the direction of the toilett you will find it lefthand 150 cm above the bottom. 

Best regards,
Peter
SM 46


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ZF Hurth Transmission troubles

karkauai
 

I don't have one on Kristy.  Is it used in conjunction with shaft alternator or shaft break?  I don't have those either.
Thanks,
Kent
SM243


On May 27, 2015, at 11:44 AM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Bill,

I think you're looking at the neutral safety switch.  I'm not entirely sure how it works but it senses when the transmission is in nuetral.  See Sensor Indmar ZF Hurth Transmission Neutral Safety Switch - 00 BOAT - Bakes Online - Detail

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>
 

Well, it depended on the sailing, but maybe once every three or four month.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila. SM 232

Skickat från min iPad

27 maj 2015 kl. 14:47 skrev Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Annesofie & Jonas,

Thank you for the pictures you posted! Very interesting…
I totally understand the extra caution when furling in.
For now, I am likely going to stick with the rivets, but once in Martinique in a couple of years will see.

How often did you change the rivets?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port Lucaya, Grand Bahama, Bahamas

--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 5/27/15, kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furling Rivets - Bolts
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 4:22 AM


 









On S/Y Lady Annila we have changed the
genoa to a slighter heavier and bigger one than original.
The positive consequeses are many but thedraw back is that
we had to change the rivets very often cause they broke.
After a while the drilled holes in the fore stay profile,
has grown too big and we needed a solution. As we were in
Caribbean we sailed to Amel in Martinique. They told us that
they now a days when servicing the genoa furler they changed
the rivets for bolts.
We decided to follow
their suggestion and bought the spareparts. They were not
cheap 17 Euro each. But the fitting was perfect so we
suspect that they are special made by Amel for the
purpose.I have made an album in the
Photo section:  Jib furling Rivets - Bolts where you can
see both the bolts with measurements and how we mounted
them.Since we changed we have sailed
from Caribbean to Portugal, last 12 hours with reach to
broad reach winds of 50+ knots. No problem at all with the
bolts. We only have to tighten them every now and then, and
especially after a hard sail.BUT this
solution demands more care when furling the genoa in since
the forces can be heavy. The rivets where made to brake to
avoid damages of the furler and that safety is reduced with
the bolts.
Please see Photo section
and Album: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

RegardsAnnsofie
& JonasS/Y Lady Annila SM232,
1998
Present in Portimão,
Portugal



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ZF Hurth Transmission troubles

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Yes, that is the neutral switch. Someone else just told me the same thing.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On May 27, 2015 5:45 PM, "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Bill,

I think you're looking at the neutral safety switch.  I'm not entirely sure how it works but it senses when the transmission is in nuetral.  See Sensor Indmar ZF Hurth Transmission Neutral Safety Switch - 00 BOAT - Bakes Online - Detail

Sensor Indmar ZF Hurth Transmission Neutral Safet...
Wakeboards, wakeboard gear, wakeskates, wakesurfers, waterski gear, Malibu boat parts and accessories.
Preview by Yahoo

 


Re: ZF Hurth Transmission troubles

Duane Siegfri
 

Bill,

I think you're looking at the neutral safety switch.  I'm not entirely sure how it works but it senses when the transmission is in nuetral.  See Sensor Indmar ZF Hurth Transmission Neutral Safety Switch - 00 BOAT - Bakes Online - Detail

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Annesofie & Jonas,

Thank you for the pictures you posted! Very interesting…
I totally understand the extra caution when furling in.
For now, I am likely going to stick with the rivets, but once in Martinique in a couple of years will see.

How often did you change the rivets?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port Lucaya, Grand Bahama, Bahamas


--------------------------------------------

On Wed, 5/27/15, kanalmamman@hotmail.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furling Rivets - Bolts
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 4:22 AM


 









On S/Y Lady Annila we have changed the
genoa to a slighter heavier and bigger one than original.
The positive consequeses are many but thedraw back is that
we had to change the rivets very often cause they broke.
After a while the drilled holes in the fore stay profile,
has grown too big and we needed a solution. As we were in
Caribbean we sailed to Amel in Martinique. They told us that
they now a days when servicing the genoa furler they changed
the rivets for bolts.
We decided to follow
their suggestion and bought the spareparts. They were not
cheap 17 Euro each. But the fitting was perfect so we
suspect that they are special made by Amel for the
purpose.I have made an album in the
Photo section:  Jib furling Rivets - Bolts where you can
see both the bolts with measurements and how we mounted
them.Since we changed we have sailed
from Caribbean to Portugal, last 12 hours with reach to
broad reach winds of 50+ knots. No problem at all with the
bolts. We only have to tighten them every now and then, and
especially after a hard sail.BUT this
solution demands more care when furling the genoa in since
the forces can be heavy. The rivets where made to brake to
avoid damages of the furler and that safety is reduced with
the bolts.
Please see Photo section
and Album: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

RegardsAnnsofie
& JonasS/Y Lady Annila SM232,
1998
Present in Portimão,
Portugal


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>
 

You can buy the rivets in any hardware store. It is standard size, aluminium, I think it is 7,5 mm

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM232

Skickat från min iPad

27 maj 2015 kl. 14:21 skrev Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Thank you Olivier,

No rigger where i am now (Grand Bahamas), but I will look for the rivets (may be Amel can supply them to me with other parts i would like).

I am a big supporter of preventive maintenance!

Sincerely, Alexandre

--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 5/27/15, Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 1:36 AM


 









Hi
Alexander,
yes the
rivets are the "weak" part of this system. This is
made on purpose, in case of over-load, they may
shear.These are
aluminum rivets, diameter 6 mm, length 18 mm. Ask a rigger
to do it.Replace
your rivets when two are gone, or before...
The best
rule on these very well-designed vessels is that as soon as
something is worn out/broken, you should try and fix the
problem at the earliest opportunity.
Concerning
the VAT issue, you should probably open a new topic. What is
the current vessel's flag?
Olivier.



On Wednesday, May
27, 2015 8:27 AM, Beaute Olivier
<atlanticyachtsurvey@...> wrote:


Hi
William,
you
don't need more than two days for the repair, assuming
you find a rigger that can ease the rigging and tighten it
back, and a mechanic workshop for the disc
operation.I
strongly recommend that you have the furler fixed before
sailing to Boston. It is always better to have things fixed
before sailing offshore...
Concerning
the mizzen boom track, I think your captain mentioned 27mm.
I cannot confirm right now. I will try to get the
information.
Olivier.



On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:59 PM,
"william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:



 









Wow!! Thanks for the response! Boat will be in
Bermuda around 4-5 June. Any idea how long a repair like
this will take? In other words... Do you think I should have
the work done in Bermuda or wait to get back to Boston, MA
where she will be staying for the summer. I'm in the
office right now but will be back home in the next hour or
so. Thanks























#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926 --
#yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp #yiv6896668926hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp #yiv6896668926ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc #yiv6896668926hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc .yiv6896668926ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span
.yiv6896668926underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p
span.yiv6896668926yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926file-title a, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:active, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:hover, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:active,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:hover,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div#yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv6896668926ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6896668926yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv6896668926 input, #yiv6896668926 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6896668926
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6896668926logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-msg
p#yiv6896668926attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-reco
#yiv6896668926reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv6896668926


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Thank you Olivier,

No rigger where i am now (Grand Bahamas), but I will look for the rivets (may be Amel can supply them to me with other parts i would like).

I am a big supporter of preventive maintenance!

Sincerely, Alexandre


--------------------------------------------

On Wed, 5/27/15, Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 1:36 AM


 









Hi
Alexander,
yes the
rivets are the "weak" part of this system. This is
made on purpose, in case of over-load, they may
shear.These are
aluminum rivets, diameter 6 mm, length 18 mm. Ask a rigger
to do it.Replace
your rivets when two are gone, or before...
The best
rule on these very well-designed vessels is that as soon as
something is worn out/broken, you should try and fix the
problem at the earliest opportunity.
Concerning
the VAT issue, you should probably open a new topic. What is
the current vessel's flag?
Olivier.



On Wednesday, May
27, 2015 8:27 AM, Beaute Olivier
<atlanticyachtsurvey@yahoo.com> wrote:


Hi
William,
you
don't need more than two days for the repair, assuming
you find a rigger that can ease the rigging and tighten it
back, and a mechanic workshop for the disc
operation.I
strongly recommend that you have the furler fixed before
sailing to Boston. It is always better to have things fixed
before sailing offshore...
Concerning
the mizzen boom track, I think your captain mentioned 27mm.
I cannot confirm right now. I will try to get the
information.
Olivier.



On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:59 PM,
"william_maffei@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



 









Wow!! Thanks for the response! Boat will be in
Bermuda around 4-5 June. Any idea how long a repair like
this will take? In other words... Do you think I should have
the work done in Bermuda or wait to get back to Boston, MA
where she will be staying for the summer. I'm in the
office right now but will be back home in the next hour or
so. Thanks























#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926 --
#yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp #yiv6896668926hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp #yiv6896668926ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mkp .yiv6896668926ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc #yiv6896668926hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor
#yiv6896668926ygrp-lc .yiv6896668926ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926activity span
.yiv6896668926underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 dd.yiv6896668926last p
span.yiv6896668926yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926file-title a, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:active, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:hover, #yiv6896668926
div.yiv6896668926file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:active,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:hover,
#yiv6896668926 div.yiv6896668926photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 div#yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv6896668926ygrp-msg p a span.yiv6896668926yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv6896668926 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv6896668926 .yiv6896668926replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv6896668926 input, #yiv6896668926 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv6896668926
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-mlmsg #yiv6896668926logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-msg
p#yiv6896668926attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-reco
#yiv6896668926reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-sponsor #yiv6896668926ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv6896668926 #yiv6896668926ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv6896668926


Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

kanalmamman@...
 

On S/Y Lady Annila we have changed the genoa to a slighter heavier and bigger one than original. The positive consequeses are many but thedraw back is that we had to change the rivets very often cause they broke. After a while the drilled holes in the fore stay profile, has grown too big and we needed a solution. As we were in Caribbean we sailed to Amel in Martinique. They told us that they now a days when servicing the genoa furler they changed the rivets for bolts.
We decided to follow their suggestion and bought the spareparts. They were not cheap 17 Euro each. But the fitting was perfect so we suspect that they are special made by Amel for the purpose.

I have made an album in the Photo section:  Jib furling Rivets - Bolts where you can see both the bolts with measurements and how we mounted them.

Since we changed we have sailed from Caribbean to Portugal, last 12 hours with reach to broad reach winds of 50+ knots. No problem at all with the bolts. We only have to tighten them every now and then, and especially after a hard sail.

BUT this solution demands more care when furling the genoa in since the forces can be heavy. The rivets where made to brake to avoid damages of the furler and that safety is reduced with the bolts.


Please see Photo section and Album: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts


Regards

Annsofie & Jonas

S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998
Present in Portimão, Portugal


Lewmar Size 1 Track End Stop - Mizzen Sheet

yahoogroups@...
 

I was getting tired of the "tired look" of the UV damaged Mizzen Sheet Track End Stop and bought a pair of Lewmar Size 1 Track End Stops on eBay.


I noticed that the ones installed by Amel on BeBe had been drilled with a 10mm nylon sleeve inserted. The sleeve will prevent the end stop from compressing when the bolt is tightened.


Either Lewmar used to make these this way, or Amel modified them to make them better. I suspect the latter. Isn't this very small thing amazing? Oh, I drilled my new Lewmar end stops and inserted the sleeve to match the way Amel did it.


A photo is posted here.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/1650688738/lightbox/1794394507?orderBy=ordinal&sortOrder=asc&photoFilter=ALL#zax/1794394507


I am really ashamed to post an up-close photo of what I removed. Nothing else on BeBe looks anything like this, and I really dropped the ball by not replacing it earlier.


Bill

BeBe 387

Malta

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ZF Hurth Transmission troubles

seafeverofcuan@...
 

Hi Bill,
         I asked the same question when ordering the new gearbox. I  also tried to enquire about changing the gearbox model to accept a shaft alternator. I was still afloat in Mexican waters when doing this and trying to locate a gearbox in USA.
Unfortunately no one that I spoke to by Sat phone was able to give me information on either.
Regards,
Trevor
Seafever 
SM 425


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input

Beaute Olivier
 

Hi Alexander,

yes the rivets are the "weak" part of this system. This is made on purpose, in case of over-load, they may shear.
These are aluminum rivets, diameter 6 mm, length 18 mm. Ask a rigger to do it.
Replace your rivets when two are gone, or before...

The best rule on these very well-designed vessels is that as soon as something is worn out/broken, you should try and fix the problem at the earliest opportunity.

Concerning the VAT issue, you should probably open a new topic. What is the current vessel's flag?

Olivier.



On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 8:27 AM, Beaute Olivier wrote:


Hi William,

you don't need more than two days for the repair, assuming you find a rigger that can ease the rigging and tighten it back, and a mechanic workshop for the disc operation.
I strongly recommend that you have the furler fixed before sailing to Boston. It is always better to have things fixed before sailing offshore...

Concerning the mizzen boom track, I think your captain mentioned 27mm. I cannot confirm right now. I will try to get the information.

Olivier.



On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 8:59 PM, "william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:


 
Wow!! Thanks for the response! Boat will be in Bermuda around 4-5 June. Any idea how long a repair like this will take? In other words... Do you think I should have the work done in Bermuda or wait to get back to Boston, MA where she will be staying for the summer. I'm in the office right now but will be back home in the next hour or so. Thanks