Date   

Re: Changes to Yahoo

Gary Wells
 

UPDATE  on the new site. 02/10/2016

The Yahoo database has been captured and copied into two files.  

One is a web-based file (readable and searchable in a browser).
One is a .PDF file (readable and searchable in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

The base file is a database converted to pure text, thus removing links and advertisements and large fonts, and highlighting and anything else that would slow a search.

The files are large.  50+ Megabytes each:
     17 Million plus lines of data were indexed (a lot of them are blank, just spaces and carriage returns)
     56 Million characters are included in 25,361 messages.
     Messages are ordered by date, as hey were posted.  I was trying to organize them by topics, bit Yahoo doesn't make sense with those key numbers some time and it looked like a LOT of work to get it sorted.

Yahoo injects a large amount of spurious text into the message base, especially the mess of raw html code that we often have to wade through.  In order to reduce the size of the files and the amount of clutter I might ask for a couple of volunteers to take a portion of the source file (.txt) and work through it to remove a few thousand lines of useless text.  I'll make that plea and set up the methodology on the new board.

I looked briefly (again) into trying to replicate the Yahoo database into the new site but I don't see a ready answer. Still searching....

As far as I'm concerned, the new board at "http://www.amelowners.net" is stable and ready for traffic. 

I have about a week in St. Thomas to continue to pipe things over.  I CAN import the current message streams, one at a time, to the new board for continuing dialogue.  It would make sense that if I were to do that I would go back say, a couple of weeks and capture the most active topics and bring them across.
After that I would stand down on any support for Yahoo and focus only on the new board's development.

Ready when you are :)

Gary W.
S/V Adagio, SM 209
USVI


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Broken/Snapped drive shaft

Stephen Davis
 

Hi Paul,

Will Stout from SM Anni Bea True is anchored 100 yards off my bow here in St Martin. His email is wstout@mac dot com, and you should be able to text him at 206-841-9556. 

I'll let him know you would like to talk to him when I see him tomorrow. 

Regards,
Steve Davis
Aloha Sm72
St Martin


On Feb 10, 2016, at 15:35, Paul LaFrance pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Steve
Sorry for the delay in responding but Hotmail email has been. Who is Will and where is he located. We are now in St Thomas awaiting a new shaft assembly from Amel.
Thanks
Paul
SV NOMAD #362


To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:53:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Broken/Snapped drive shaft

 

Paul,

Just a thought...Fixing the problem in the BVI might be a little difficult due to lack of good marine resources, and knowledge of the Amel. Here in St Martin, the resources are much better, and it is only an 80 mile sail away. Also, Will has a special tool he had machined to help with the alignment process, and I'm sure he would let you use it. When Kent had his problem, he had it fixed in Puerto Rico, and he has the name of the mechanic who did the work. 

Steve
Aloha Sm72
St Martin


On Jan 27, 2016, at 10:55, pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
We have broken the shaft from the engine to the transmission. The shaft broke inside the Vetus Flex Coupling.
Has any one had to replace this part and if so how did it come off. Does Amel have a spare for this? We have emailed Amel and are awaiting their reply.

Paul & Susan LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently at anchor in Peter Island BVI






Re: Track any ship in the world with AIS

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 

Hello Alexandre,

Looking at the site again, it turns out I had forgotten one of the pictures we actually uploaded ourselves.  The other two are fan pics we were surprised to find other people took and uploaded.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K #350 (2002)
At anchor, Mar Menor, Spain


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Freezer temperature

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 

Hello Alexandre,

We recently raised the temp by 3F on the each of the underseat units after about two years for the following reasons:

1.  The ice cream was coming too hard from the freezer.
2.  No food ever spoiled either in the freezer nor in the refrigerator in the past two years.
3.  The beer was coming too cold from the refrigerator.
4.  Some of the vegetables in the freezer would sometimes come out partially frozen.  The Admiral complained.

We'll see how things evolve.

Cheers,

Peregrinus
At anchor, Mar Menor (Murcia)


Re: Freezer temperature

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 

Hello Eric,

On Peregrinus, the Frigoboat evaporators run all along one long side, curve, and run along the short starboard side on each under-seat cooler box.

The temperature sensors connected to the Mk II Coastal Climate Control external digital controls run horizontally about halfway between the bottom and the top of the short port side wall on each box.  There are brackets screwed into the port side wall of each box which separate the sensors from the wall.

Cheerio,


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Broken/Snapped drive shaft

Paul LaFrance <pflafrance@...>
 

Steve
Sorry for the delay in responding but Hotmail email has been. Who is Will and where is he located. We are now in St Thomas awaiting a new shaft assembly from Amel.
Thanks
Paul
SV NOMAD #362


To: amelyachtowners@...
From: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:53:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Broken/Snapped drive shaft

 

Paul,

Just a thought...Fixing the problem in the BVI might be a little difficult due to lack of good marine resources, and knowledge of the Amel. Here in St Martin, the resources are much better, and it is only an 80 mile sail away. Also, Will has a special tool he had machined to help with the alignment process, and I'm sure he would let you use it. When Kent had his problem, he had it fixed in Puerto Rico, and he has the name of the mechanic who did the work. 

Steve
Aloha Sm72
St Martin


On Jan 27, 2016, at 10:55, pflafrance@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
We have broken the shaft from the engine to the transmission. The shaft broke inside the Vetus Flex Coupling.
Has any one had to replace this part and if so how did it come off. Does Amel have a spare for this? We have emailed Amel and are awaiting their reply.

Paul & Susan LaFrance
SV NOMAD SM #362
Currently at anchor in Peter Island BVI






Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

Veit Mueller <veitm@...>
 

Hello :

80lbs for a Super Maramu - very happy with it.

Cheers
Veit
Atman SM215


On Feb 10, 2016, at 11:52 AM, maramu.goree@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 


Hi

I want to change my anchor.

I’m looking for a Rockna but the size that is recommended on the charts is tremendous big. 33 kg what is about 50cm large for the shovel is about 50 cm large ant the anchor itself is all about 1,06 m long.

Don’t you think it is to big for a maramu (46 feet 14ton).

Does anyone of You have the same anchor and which size.

Thank you for answering.

Regards

Jean-Paul



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>
 

Jean-Paul

I have a Santorin (46’) and have the Rockna 33kg. Fits great and I never have to say “I wish I got the bigger one” when Mother nature roars. I also changed the chain to 3/8” HT and the windlass gypsy to accommodate the chain. Should be lots of posts on this.

Cheers,

Ric Gottschalk

Bali Hai SN46

Annapolis

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:53 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

 

 


Hi

I want to change my anchor.

I’m looking for a Rockna but the size that is recommended on the charts is tremendous big. 33 kg what is about 50cm large for the shovel is about 50 cm large ant the anchor itself is all about 1,06 m long.

Don’t you think it is to big for a maramu (46 feet 14ton).

Does anyone of You have the same anchor and which size.

Thank you for answering.

Regards

Jean-Paul

 


What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

JP Mans
 


Hi

I want to change my anchor.

I’m looking for a Rockna but the size that is recommended on the charts is tremendous big. 33 kg what is about 50cm large for the shovel is about 50 cm large ant the anchor itself is all about 1,06 m long.

Don’t you think it is to big for a maramu (46 feet 14ton).

Does anyone of You have the same anchor and which size.

Thank you for answering.

Regards

Jean-Paul



Re: Freezer temperature

Alejandro Paquin
 

Hello Alan we have a Frigoboat freezer unit on our 1981 older Maramu, it is quite old, it is a 12V AV12 Danfoss compressor with the original BD102N3016 controller. I have seen max  -18º C in this unit, fully loaded and thermostat at the maximum setting. I normally sail in aprox. 25-30ºC ambient temperatures and it has worked well through the years. I recently bought a Control Module 12v DC (4 Pin) For Danfoss BD3 & Earlier Compressors from Penguin in the UK which is said to improve the efficiency of how the compressor operates. I keep the old one as a spare.
Regards,
Alex


Re: Ground strap replacement

Paul Osterberg
 

Thank you all
Now I have a new Stainless steel  ground strap, changed some of the ground cables as they where corroded well in under the cover, others was "fresh" when cutting of 10-15 cm.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM #259


VAT Trinidad

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>
 

Oops, Edwina@...

Ric Gottschalk

Bali Hai

Annapolis


Trinidad VAT

Ric Gottschalk <ric@...>
 

Many of you have probably received an email from Edwina@... regarding their fight with GORTT over the 12.5% VAT on services for foreign yachts. They and their industry are trying to do something about it. Anyone  who has been to Trinidad know yacht services is a huge industry. I have always been treated well. May I respectfully suggest you contact Edwina for interim concessions to offset the VAT. There are lots of plus’s  including direct flights, Jessie, no hurricanes,  Red Ibis’s and they know AMELS..

Ric Gottschalk

Bali Hai SN24

Stuck in Annapolis


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer temperature

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Good morning Colin,

Thanks for the reply.
I will read about the controller.

I replaced all my lights with LED definitely recommend it.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Blue Haven Marina, Turks & Caicos



--------------------------------------------

On Wed, 2/10/16, Colin Streeter colin.d.streeter@gmail.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer temperature
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 7:49 AM


 









Hi AlexandreWe have 2 x
260w solar panels mounted on one of Riza's new Amel
Davits which run in series through a Tracer 4215BN MPPT
controller with MT50 display. This gives us between 5amps to
max 20amps (normally over 10amps) charge at approx 27.7volts
for much of daylight hours. What a difference it has made
and now our last job is to find suitable LED globes for all
internal lights and deck level Nav lights. Masthead is
already
LED.CheersColin
On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at
10:48 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:















 









Good morning Colin,



Glad you are happy with the your new solar system!!!



Could you please describe it to me?

What panel, controller, etc. are you using?



Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre





--------------------------------------------

On Mon, 2/8/16, Colin Streeter colin.d.streeter@gmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:



Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer temperature

To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com"
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

Date: Monday, February 8, 2016, 9:52 PM





 



















Interesting how many times

someone posts an item here just when we have a similar

issue. After running our fridge and two underbunk
freezers

for 2 months on shore power, and being so happy with our
new

solar system, we decided to trial leaving all three units
on

for a few weeks with the boat charger unplugged as it

appeared we had far more energy coming in from the sun
than

was required. This was all fine and batteries remained
100%

for a week or so, but  then after a spell of four
really

rainy days with absolutely no sun I returned and found
the

one of the under bunk freezers no longer at freezer
temp.



My

immediate thought was that the compressor had gone but
now

after Kent's post re shutting down with lower voltage
I

will check that possibility first. 

Colin StreeterIsland Peal

II, #332 Brisbane



On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:53

AM, divanz620@yahoo.fr

[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

wrote:































 



















How cold does your freezer get

?Our freezer with the thermostat set on

7 only gets to -14.5 deg C. Our ambient temperature is
about

30 deg C.My frig mechanic claims that

the frigomatic unit is borderline for the 80 litre
freezer

we have and suggests we replace it with a larger
compressor

and plate.....$1500....Interested to

hear others views on

thisCheersAlanElyseSM437













































--

Colin

Streeter0411 016

445























#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115 --

#yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp {

border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px

0;padding:0 10px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp hr {

border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp #yiv2694403115hd
{

color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px

0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp #yiv2694403115ads
{

margin-bottom:10px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad {

padding:0 0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad p
{

margin:0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad a
{

color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor

#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc {

font-family:Arial;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor

#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc #yiv2694403115hd {

margin:10px

0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor

#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc .yiv2694403115ad {

margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115actions {

font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity {

background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span {

font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span:first-child {

text-transform:uppercase;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span a {

color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span span {

color:#ff7900;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span

.yiv2694403115underline {

text-decoration:underline;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach {

clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px

0;width:400px;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach div a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach img {

border:none;padding-right:5px;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach label {

display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach label a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 blockquote {

margin:0 0 0 4px;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115bold {

font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115bold a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p a {

font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p span {

margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p

span.yiv2694403115yshortcuts {

margin-right:0;}



#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115attach-table div div a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115attach-table {

width:400px;}



#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115file-title a,
#yiv2694403115

div.yiv2694403115file-title a:active, #yiv2694403115

div.yiv2694403115file-title a:hover, #yiv2694403115

div.yiv2694403115file-title a:visited {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a,

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:active,

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:hover,

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:visited {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 div#yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg

#yiv2694403115ygrp-msg p a span.yiv2694403115yshortcuts
{

font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115green {

color:#628c2a;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115MsoNormal {

margin:0 0 0 0;}



#yiv2694403115 o {

font-size:0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div {

float:left;width:72px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div div {

border:1px solid

#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div label {

color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115reco-category {

font-size:77%;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115reco-desc {

font-size:77%;}



#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115replbq {

margin:4px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-actbar div a:first-child
{

margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg {

font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,

sans-serif;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg table {

font-size:inherit;font:100%;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg select,

#yiv2694403115 input, #yiv2694403115 textarea {

font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg pre,
#yiv2694403115

code {

font:115% monospace;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg * {

line-height:1.22em;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg #yiv2694403115logo
{

padding-bottom:10px;}





#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-msg p a {

font-family:Verdana;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-msg

p#yiv2694403115attach-count span {

color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-reco

#yiv2694403115reco-head {

color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-reco {

margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ov

li a {

font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ov

li {

font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ov

ul {

margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text {

font-family:Georgia;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text p {

margin:0 0 1em 0;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text tt {

font-size:120%;}



#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-vital ul li:last-child
{

border-right:none !important;

}

#yiv2694403115
























--
Colin
Streeter0411 016
445











#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061 --
#yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp #yiv7781843061hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp #yiv7781843061ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp .yiv7781843061ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp .yiv7781843061ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mkp .yiv7781843061ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor
#yiv7781843061ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor
#yiv7781843061ygrp-lc #yiv7781843061hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor
#yiv7781843061ygrp-lc .yiv7781843061ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061activity span
.yiv7781843061underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 dd.yiv7781843061last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 dd.yiv7781843061last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 dd.yiv7781843061last p
span.yiv7781843061yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061file-title a, #yiv7781843061
div.yiv7781843061file-title a:active, #yiv7781843061
div.yiv7781843061file-title a:hover, #yiv7781843061
div.yiv7781843061file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061photo-title a,
#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061photo-title a:active,
#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061photo-title a:hover,
#yiv7781843061 div.yiv7781843061photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 div#yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv7781843061ygrp-msg p a span.yiv7781843061yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv7781843061 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv7781843061 .yiv7781843061replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv7781843061 input, #yiv7781843061 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv7781843061
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-mlmsg #yiv7781843061logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-msg
p#yiv7781843061attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-reco
#yiv7781843061reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor #yiv7781843061ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor #yiv7781843061ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-sponsor #yiv7781843061ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv7781843061 #yiv7781843061ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv7781843061


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer temperature

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl
 

Hi Alexandre
We have 2 x 260w solar panels mounted on one of Riza's new Amel Davits which run in series through a Tracer 4215BN MPPT controller with MT50 display. This gives us between 5amps to max 20amps (normally over 10amps) charge at approx 27.7volts for much of daylight hours. What a difference it has made and now our last job is to find suitable LED globes for all internal lights and deck level Nav lights. Masthead is already LED.
Cheers
Colin

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Good morning Colin,

Glad you are happy with the your new solar system!!!

Could you please describe it to me?
What panel, controller, etc. are you using?

Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre


--------------------------------------------
On Mon, 2/8/16, Colin Streeter colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Freezer temperature
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Monday, February 8, 2016, 9:52 PM


 









Interesting how many times
someone posts an item here just when we have a similar
issue. After running our fridge and two underbunk freezers
for 2 months on shore power, and being so happy with our new
solar system, we decided to trial leaving all three units on
for a few weeks with the boat charger unplugged as it
appeared we had far more energy coming in from the sun than
was required. This was all fine and batteries remained 100%
for a week or so, but  then after a spell of four really
rainy days with absolutely no sun I returned and found the
one of the under bunk freezers no longer at freezer temp.

My
immediate thought was that the compressor had gone but now
after Kent's post re shutting down with lower voltage I
will check that possibility first. 
Colin StreeterIsland Peal
II, #332 Brisbane

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:53
AM, divanz620@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:















 









How cold does your freezer get
?Our freezer with the thermostat set on
7 only gets to -14.5 deg C. Our ambient temperature is about
30 deg C.My frig mechanic claims that
the frigomatic unit is borderline for the 80 litre freezer
we have and suggests we replace it with a larger compressor
and plate.....$1500....Interested to
hear others views on
thisCheersAlanElyseSM437






















--
Colin
Streeter0411 016
445











#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115 --
#yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp #yiv2694403115hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp #yiv2694403115ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mkp .yiv2694403115ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc #yiv2694403115hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor
#yiv2694403115ygrp-lc .yiv2694403115ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115activity span
.yiv2694403115underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 dd.yiv2694403115last p
span.yiv2694403115yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115file-title a, #yiv2694403115
div.yiv2694403115file-title a:active, #yiv2694403115
div.yiv2694403115file-title a:hover, #yiv2694403115
div.yiv2694403115file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a,
#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:active,
#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:hover,
#yiv2694403115 div.yiv2694403115photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 div#yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv2694403115ygrp-msg p a span.yiv2694403115yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv2694403115 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv2694403115 .yiv2694403115replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv2694403115 input, #yiv2694403115 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv2694403115
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-mlmsg #yiv2694403115logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-msg
p#yiv2694403115attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-reco
#yiv2694403115reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor #yiv2694403115ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor #yiv2694403115ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-sponsor #yiv2694403115ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv2694403115 #yiv2694403115ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv2694403115




--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

karkauai
 

Great idea Bill!  So simple and effective.
Don't you just love this forum?!
Kent
SM 243
Kristy


On Feb 9, 2016, at 10:46 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Another idea for copper straps and such...

Use copper tubing.  You can bend and form it easily, and you just hammer the ends flat and drill the holes you need for connection. 

You can get it pretty much anywhere and it is as good a conductor as any flat stock.

Bill Kinney
Shopping for a SM or SM2k


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Track any ship in the world with AIS

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

If you search by boat, you will find BeBe listed with MarineTraffic.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 3:08 AM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

This Site will show many ships worldwide including pleasure craft.

Note Eclipse 168 meters is anchored outside of Simpson Bay in St Maarten.

It also has photos and much more info. I find this site very interesting.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

&nbsp ;

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:371584/zoom:10

 

 



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

Eric Freedman
 

There is a drawing somewhere on the Amel site of the copper ground strap.

I bought some very very heavy stock about 1/8 inch thick and about 3 inches wide.

I need to bend it in a metal brake.

Instead of removing the multiple wires from the metal foil , I just cut the foil and soldered and bolted it to the strap well above the bilge water. You will need a torch to solder this heavy piece of copper.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:46 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

 

 

Another idea for copper straps and such...

Use copper tubing.  You can bend and form it easily, and you just hammer the ends flat and drill the holes you need for connection. 

You can get it pretty much anywhere and it is as good a conductor as any flat stock.

Bill Kinney
Shopping for a SM or SM2k


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

greatketch@...
 

Another idea for copper straps and such...

Use copper tubing.  You can bend and form it easily, and you just hammer the ends flat and drill the holes you need for connection. 

You can get it pretty much anywhere and it is as good a conductor as any flat stock.

Bill Kinney
Shopping for a SM or SM2k


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

Eric Freedman
 

If you are in the USA it is available from McMaster Carr on line.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2016 8:59 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground strap replacement

 

 

Thank you I will try to get a solid copper strip, ,y old one was also a solid copper strip but very thin 

Paul

S/Y Kerpa SM# 259