Date   

Desallator Duo 60 220v problem -

chris2price@...
 

My 220v motor on my watermaker does not start up.  If I turn the clutch wheel on the high pressure pump in the right direction the motor will actually start but it goes in the wrong direction and hence will not crank the high pressure pump due to the clutch flywheel.


The 24v motor works fine.


Has anyone come across this problem?


Thanks,


Chris 

Rhumb Runner

SM 2000 #464

Shelter Bay, Panama


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furler locking pin

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Hello Kent,

Just arrived in Samana after 2 rough days single handling...
going over the emails.
I don't know how, can you send pictures of what you have to compare? I tried to remove the pin (to change some of the rivets on the genoa) and wasn't able to...

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Marina Puerto Bahia, Samana, Dominican Republic



--------------------------------------------

On Sun, 2/21/16, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furler locking pin
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 3:18 PM


 









Never mind, I found it.  How does that
knob connect to the pin???ThanksKent

Sent from my
iPhone
On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:30
AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:
















 






Just making sure we talk about the same part:

Genoa Clutch Pin / Goupille de Debrayage

http://nikimat.com/genoa_clutch_pin.html



You can see the new one on:

http://nikimat.com/genoa_furler_rivet.html



I purchase a replacement from Amel Caraibe.

It was used, cost 165 Euro.



Sincerely, Alexandre



SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

Blue Haven Marina, Turks & Caicos Island



--------------------------------------------

On Fri, 2/5/16, Mike Ondra mdondra@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:



Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furler locking pin

To: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Friday, February 5, 2016, 6:00 AM





 



















Our lift knob for the furler locking

pin has disappeared. Anyone know of a source?Mike

OAletes SM#240Red Hook

USVI

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G

LTE DROID



"peacock@...
[amelyachtowners]"

<amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:





 













I just serviced the bow thruster, in the water,
and

had a similar problem of being unable to detach the
shaft

housing from the motor. I partially lowered and the
fully

raised it a couple of times (electrically), and it then
came

right off.

Tom

PeacockAletes SM2K #240In the

BVI's

































#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106 --

#yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp {

border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px

0;padding:0 10px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp hr {

border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp #yiv5899334106hd {

color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px

0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp #yiv5899334106ads
{

margin-bottom:10px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad {

padding:0 0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad p
{

margin:0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad a
{

color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor

#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc {

font-family:Arial;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor

#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc #yiv5899334106hd {

margin:10px

0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor

#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc .yiv5899334106ad {

margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106actions {

font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity {

background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span {

font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span:first-child {

text-transform:uppercase;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span a {

color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span span {

color:#ff7900;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span

.yiv5899334106underline {

text-decoration:underline;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach {

clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px

0;width:400px;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach div a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach img {

border:none;padding-right:5px;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach label {

display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach label a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 blockquote {

margin:0 0 0 4px;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106bold {

font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106bold a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p a {

font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p span {

margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p

span.yiv5899334106yshortcuts {

margin-right:0;}



#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106attach-table div div a {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106attach-table {

width:400px;}



#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106file-title a,
#yiv5899334106

div.yiv5899334106file-title a:active, #yiv5899334106

div.yiv5899334106file-title a:hover, #yiv5899334106

div.yiv5899334106file-title a:visited {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a,

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:active,

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:hover,

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:visited {

text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 div#yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg

#yiv5899334106ygrp-msg p a span.yiv5899334106yshortcuts
{

font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106green {

color:#628c2a;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106MsoNormal {

margin:0 0 0 0;}



#yiv5899334106 o {

font-size:0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div {

float:left;width:72px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div div {

border:1px solid

#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div label {

color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106reco-category {

font-size:77%;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106reco-desc {

font-size:77%;}



#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106replbq {

margin:4px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-actbar div a:first-child
{

margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg {

font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,

sans-serif;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg table {

font-size:inherit;font:100%;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg select,

#yiv5899334106 input, #yiv5899334106 textarea {

font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg pre,
#yiv5899334106

code {

font:115% monospace;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg * {

line-height:1.22em;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5899334106logo
{

padding-bottom:10px;}





#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-msg p a {

font-family:Verdana;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-msg

p#yiv5899334106attach-count span {

color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-reco

#yiv5899334106reco-head {

color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-reco {

margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ov

li a {

font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ov

li {

font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ov

ul {

margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text {

font-family:Georgia;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text p {

margin:0 0 1em 0;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text tt {

font-size:120%;}



#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-vital ul li:last-child
{

border-right:none !important;

}

#yiv5899334106
























#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060 --
#yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp #yiv5517937060hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp #yiv5517937060ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp .yiv5517937060ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp .yiv5517937060ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mkp .yiv5517937060ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5517937060ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5517937060ygrp-lc #yiv5517937060hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5517937060ygrp-lc .yiv5517937060ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060activity span
.yiv5517937060underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 dd.yiv5517937060last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 dd.yiv5517937060last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 dd.yiv5517937060last p
span.yiv5517937060yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060file-title a, #yiv5517937060
div.yiv5517937060file-title a:active, #yiv5517937060
div.yiv5517937060file-title a:hover, #yiv5517937060
div.yiv5517937060file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060photo-title a,
#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060photo-title a:active,
#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060photo-title a:hover,
#yiv5517937060 div.yiv5517937060photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 div#yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv5517937060ygrp-msg p a span.yiv5517937060yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv5517937060 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv5517937060 .yiv5517937060replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv5517937060 input, #yiv5517937060 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv5517937060
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5517937060logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-msg
p#yiv5517937060attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-reco
#yiv5517937060reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor #yiv5517937060ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor #yiv5517937060ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-sponsor #yiv5517937060ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv5517937060 #yiv5517937060ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv5517937060


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

kimberlite@...
 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: What size of anchor Rockna for Maramu.

VLADIMIR SONSEV
 

Hi Ben,

My SM "Life is Good" is 2002 model. I also plan to buy Rocna 40 Kg.
I know that the anchor cradle on SM was changed soon after my boat was
builed.
Does your boat anchor cradle look as on my boat? See attached photo.

Vladimir Sonsev
SM345


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Tandem anchoring system

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Hallo Kent
We use a soft shekel in the chain
than we have a ring , lead a leash in a loop through and the short end run through the loop at the end
everithig is already fixed

Elja
SM Balu
222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

I want to thank Oliver
I love to read your statements
I learn a lot every time.
Elja SM Baloo 222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Tandem anchoring system

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

I want to thank Oliver
I love to read your statements
I learn a lot every time.
Elja SM Baloo 222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

Bill Kinney <greatketch@...>
 

For what it is worth, the MAXPROP  can also be used to power a shaft alternator.  If you stop the engine while in reverse, the prop does not feather, and the shaft will spin.

Bill Kinney


On Feb 21, 2016, at 16:33, Beaute Olivier atlanticyachtsurvey@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


Good evening,

the Super Maramu was first delivered with the Max-Prop as a standard, and a spare fixed prop (LH 21"x16"), until n° 100 when AMEL decided to fit the AUTOPROP as the standard (and still a fixed prop as a spare).
The Max-Prop has always been fitted with a zinc (because no plastic nose was available like on the AUTOPROP...) but as you know, the zinc deteriorates (especially around the fastening stainless steel screws) and because of vibrations and rotation, quickly leaves. In order the prop (whatever it is) is then still protected from galvanic corrosion, AMEL connects the C-drive (and therefore, the shaft and propeller) to the rudder zincs, which are less prone to leave because of speed and vibrations.
So, there is no really need for a zinc on the propeller (whatever it is) as long as you have a good connection with the rudder zincs. You all noticed that it is not possible to install a zinc on the spare fixed prop you have on board.
At every haul-out, you should check the electric relation from propeller to rudder zincs (resistance should be 0 Ohm).

The Max-Prop is very good when sailing (very little drag) but not so good in docking manoeuvers (especially when shifting from forward to reverse). It also prevents the engine to get full power when the boat is stopped (or at very low speed).
The AUTOPROP allows you to get full power (3500 rpm) as soon as you push the throttle to full gas (and when the boat has no speed). It is not too bad when sailing, and allows using a prop-shaft alternator (for those who have one).

Both propellers need to be very clean to give full thrust.
Both propellers need a thorough greasing at each haul-out.

Enjoy sailing (without too much motoring...)

Olivier



On Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:36 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


 
Hi Elja,
It's a long story, but I couldn't get my old Volvo TMD past 2200rpm, spent thousands of dollars on several mechanics, then finally got the AutoProp serial number and was told by Bruntons that it was what they recommended for the 100 HP Yanmar.  My spare fixed prop was also over propped according to a prop shop in Norfolk VA. I had it cut down and repitched to their calculations and voila! 2900rpm.
The AutoProp could not be repitched.  Everyone has said the AutoProp is very sensitive to any growth and has to be serviced regularly to work correctly.  I got a good deal on the MaxProp and have been very happy with it.  When I repowered with the 110HP Yanmar, I was able to repitch the MaxProp by changing the settings and it works fine with the new engine.

I still have the old AutoProp if anyone is interested in buying it.

Kent
SM243
Kristy


On Feb 21, 2016, at 1:04 PM, eljaroellinghoff@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Thank you Kent 
for the good idea i will try and let's see what happens. 

Why did you switch the Autoprp against the Maxprop? 

Greetings Elja
SM Baloo # 222





Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

Olivier Beaute
 

Good evening,

the Super Maramu was first delivered with the Max-Prop as a standard, and a spare fixed prop (LH 21"x16"), until n° 100 when AMEL decided to fit the AUTOPROP as the standard (and still a fixed prop as a spare).
The Max-Prop has always been fitted with a zinc (because no plastic nose was available like on the AUTOPROP...) but as you know, the zinc deteriorates (especially around the fastening stainless steel screws) and because of vibrations and rotation, quickly leaves. In order the prop (whatever it is) is then still protected from galvanic corrosion, AMEL connects the C-drive (and therefore, the shaft and propeller) to the rudder zincs, which are less prone to leave because of speed and vibrations.
So, there is no really need for a zinc on the propeller (whatever it is) as long as you have a good connection with the rudder zincs. You all noticed that it is not possible to install a zinc on the spare fixed prop you have on board.
At every haul-out, you should check the electric relation from propeller to rudder zincs (resistance should be 0 Ohm).

The Max-Prop is very good when sailing (very little drag) but not so good in docking manoeuvers (especially when shifting from forward to reverse). It also prevents the engine to get full power when the boat is stopped (or at very low speed).
The AUTOPROP allows you to get full power (3500 rpm) as soon as you push the throttle to full gas (and when the boat has no speed). It is not too bad when sailing, and allows using a prop-shaft alternator (for those who have one).

Both propellers need to be very clean to give full thrust.
Both propellers need a thorough greasing at each haul-out.

Enjoy sailing (without too much motoring...)

Olivier



On Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:36 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:


 
Hi Elja,
It's a long story, but I couldn't get my old Volvo TMD past 2200rpm, spent thousands of dollars on several mechanics, then finally got the AutoProp serial number and was told by Bruntons that it was what they recommended for the 100 HP Yanmar.  My spare fixed prop was also over propped according to a prop shop in Norfolk VA. I had it cut down and repitched to their calculations and voila! 2900rpm.
The AutoProp could not be repitched.  Everyone has said the AutoProp is very sensitive to any growth and has to be serviced regularly to work correctly.  I got a good deal on the MaxProp and have been very happy with it.  When I repowered with the 110HP Yanmar, I was able to repitch the MaxProp by changing the settings and it works fine with the new engine.

I still have the old AutoProp if anyone is interested in buying it.

Kent
SM243
Kristy


On Feb 21, 2016, at 1:04 PM, eljaroellinghoff@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Thank you Kent
for the good idea i will try and let's see what happens.

Why did you switch the Autoprp against the Maxprop?

Greetings Elja
SM Baloo # 222



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furler locking pin

karkauai
 

Never mind, I found it.  How does that knob connect to the pin???
Thanks
Kent


On Feb 5, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Just making sure we talk about the same part:
Genoa Clutch Pin / Goupille de Debrayage
http://nikimat.com/genoa_clutch_pin.html

You can see the new one on:
http://nikimat.com/genoa_furler_rivet.html

I purchase a replacement from Amel Caraibe.
It was used, cost 165 Euro.

Sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Blue Haven Marina, Turks & Caicos Island

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 2/5/16, Mike Ondra mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Jib furler locking pin
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, February 5, 2016, 6:00 AM


 









Our lift knob for the furler locking
pin has disappeared. Anyone know of a source?Mike
OAletes SM#240Red Hook
USVI
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G
LTE DROID

"peacock@... [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@...> wrote:


 






I just serviced the bow thruster, in the water, and
had a similar problem of being unable to detach the shaft
housing from the motor. I partially lowered and the fully
raised it a couple of times (electrically), and it then came
right off.
Tom
PeacockAletes SM2K #240In the
BVI's
















#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106 --
#yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp #yiv5899334106hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp #yiv5899334106ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mkp .yiv5899334106ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc #yiv5899334106hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor
#yiv5899334106ygrp-lc .yiv5899334106ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106activity span
.yiv5899334106underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 dd.yiv5899334106last p
span.yiv5899334106yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106file-title a, #yiv5899334106
div.yiv5899334106file-title a:active, #yiv5899334106
div.yiv5899334106file-title a:hover, #yiv5899334106
div.yiv5899334106file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a,
#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:active,
#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:hover,
#yiv5899334106 div.yiv5899334106photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 div#yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv5899334106ygrp-msg p a span.yiv5899334106yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv5899334106 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv5899334106 .yiv5899334106replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv5899334106 input, #yiv5899334106 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv5899334106
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-mlmsg #yiv5899334106logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-msg
p#yiv5899334106attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-reco
#yiv5899334106reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor #yiv5899334106ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor #yiv5899334106ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-sponsor #yiv5899334106ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv5899334106 #yiv5899334106ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv5899334106


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Tandem anchoring system

karkauai
 

Thanks Elja, that's what I was thinking I'd do.  Only problem I see is making the connection to the Rocna.  Seems like it would be awkward to do.
Kent


On Feb 21, 2016, at 2:00 PM, eljaroellinghoff@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Hi Gerd-Hello Kent
almost we make it as Gerd but we take a ca20 mm line inside with lead, ca10m long the rest is 20 m without lead. If we let down the guarddian we put an anchor buoy at the end of the 20 m for himself on the ground nothing involved.
At the pick up is the rope on the anchor and can be easily backed up.

Greetings
Elja
SM Balu
#222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

karkauai
 

Hi Elja,
It's a long story, but I couldn't get my old Volvo TMD past 2200rpm, spent thousands of dollars on several mechanics, then finally got the AutoProp serial number and was told by Bruntons that it was what they recommended for the 100 HP Yanmar.  My spare fixed prop was also over propped according to a prop shop in Norfolk VA. I had it cut down and repitched to their calculations and voila! 2900rpm.
The AutoProp could not be repitched.  Everyone has said the AutoProp is very sensitive to any growth and has to be serviced regularly to work correctly.  I got a good deal on the MaxProp and have been very happy with it.  When I repowered with the 110HP Yanmar, I was able to repitch the MaxProp by changing the settings and it works fine with the new engine.

I still have the old AutoProp if anyone is interested in buying it.

Kent
SM243
Kristy


On Feb 21, 2016, at 1:04 PM, eljaroellinghoff@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Thank you Kent
for the good idea i will try and let's see what happens.

Why did you switch the Autoprp against the Maxprop?

Greetings Elja
SM Baloo # 222


Re: Tandem anchoring system

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Hi Gerd-Hello Kent
almost we make it as Gerd but we take a ca20 mm line inside with lead, ca10m long the rest is 20 m without lead. If we let down the guarddian we put an anchor buoy at the end of the 20 m for himself on the ground nothing involved.
At the pick up is the rope on the anchor and can be easily backed up.

Greetings
Elja
SM Balu
#222


Re: Tandem anchoring system

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Hi Gerd-Hello Kent
almost we make it as Gerd but we take a ca20 mm line inside with lead, ca10m long the rest is 20 m without lead. If we let down the guarddian we put an anchor buoy at the end of the 20 m for himself on the ground nothing involved.
At the pick up is the rope on the anchor and can be easily backed up.

Greetings
Elja
SM Balu
#222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AutoProp

eljaroellinghoff@...
 

Thank you Kent
for the good idea i will try and let's see what happens.

Why did you switch the Autoprp against the Maxprop?

Greetings Elja
SM Baloo # 222


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Tandem anchoring system

Rink De Haan
 

Dear all with a Rocna anchor. 

When looking for a backup anchor when you have a Rocna primary anchor read this article by Peter Smith the designer of the Rocna anchor. 
http://www.petersmith.net.nz/boat-anchors/tandem-anchoring.php

I bought a Rocna 33 at first, but found it too light in strong winds. So I bought the Rocna 40 and kept the 33 as a backup and fitted it out as a tandem just like Gerhardt described

The Rocna is the only anchor, as far as I know, that is designed to be used as a tandem. There is a special hole to connect. 

Cheers
Rink
SY Razor's Edge
SM 2K #330


Sent from Outlook Mobile




On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 8:03 AM -0800, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Thanks Gerhart.  I'll keep thinking about it.  If I come up with something easier I'll let you know.
Kent


On Feb 21, 2016, at 10:23 AM, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

 

Hi Kent,


I'm afraid it does involve a bit of bending over and my back is also not too good.  So I don't really know an easy way but the way I do it is:


1. I use 10 metres of 10mm chain on the Guardian.  I have to reach along the Rocna to get to the front of it and attach the chain to the Rocna . I then lower the Guardian by lifting it over the railing into the water.


2. When retrieving it, the Rocna comes up all the way in its usual position with the chain hanging over the back of the fluke.  I then attach a 10mm line to the Guardian chain, just in front of where the chain is attached to the Rocna, and bring that line around to the starboard roller to the cleat.  This is a safety precaution because when you unshackle the Guardian chain from the Rocna you could easily drop it.


After that I unshackle the chain from the Rocna and bring the Guardian in on the starboard roller.


It's not back saving but I'm not doing it every day and it certainly feels better at times to have a second anchor out.


Gerhard Hoffmann

Pepino SM381

Evia, Greece


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rear bumper SM

Rink De Haan
 

I don't know what the latest status is, but I received a new bumper from Amel Hyeres in 2015 after previous messages that it was temporarily unavailable earlier that year

Cheers
Rink de Haan
SY Razors Edge 
SM2k #330

Sent from Outlook Mobile

_____________________________

From: william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: zondag, februari 21, 2016 6:22 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rear bumper SM
To: <amelyachtowners@...>


 

There have been some conversations in the past regarding the rear bumper on the SM... Just wondering if anyone could touch on any luck they have had with A) a source that has delivered a quality replacement or B) a method used to restore the original bumper. I have read some good things about Rust-oleum vinyl and fabric spray. I have not heard how it will hold up in the marine environment. My actual bumper is in pretty good shape just could use a little TLC. Thanks as always!


Bill Maffei

SM #195

it's all Good 




Rear bumper SM

william_maffei@...
 

There have been some conversations in the past regarding the rear bumper on the SM... Just wondering if anyone could touch on any luck they have had with A) a source that has delivered a quality replacement or B) a method used to restore the original bumper. I have read some good things about Rust-oleum vinyl and fabric spray. I have not heard how it will hold up in the marine environment. My actual bumper is in pretty good shape just could use a little TLC. Thanks as always!


Bill Maffei

SM #195

it's all Good 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Electric salon heater

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>
 

Thanks Bill.

I have all I need…

Fair winds.

JPG



On 21 Feb 2016, at 16:55, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

I had to remove the foot/stand for the heater under the companion way and the heater in the forward berth to fit properly. It you are planning on using your boat in colder climates I can certainly help; as of this point in time I think I might have finally mastered the technique to keep a super maramu warm in below freezing temperatures. One thing to keep in mind... Each heater is 2000W when used on the #2 setting which is impossible to run without 2 50amp services on the boat (at least in N. America). (You know the whole 50htz vs 60htz) Let me know if you need any additional help. 


Cheers,

Bill Maffei 
SM #195 
It's all Good 



Tandem anchoring system

karkauai
 

Thanks Gerhart.  I'll keep thinking about it.  If I come up with something easier I'll let you know.
Kent


On Feb 21, 2016, at 10:23 AM, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

 

Hi Kent,


I'm afraid it does involve a bit of bending over and my back is also not too good.  So I don't really know an easy way but the way I do it is:


1. I use 10 metres of 10mm chain on the Guardian.  I have to reach along the Rocna to get to the front of it and attach the chain to the Rocna . I then lower the Guardian by lifting it over the railing into the water.


2. When retrieving it, the Rocna comes up all the way in its usual position with the chain hanging over the back of the fluke.  I then attach a 10mm line to the Guardian chain, just in front of where the chain is attached to the Rocna, and bring that line around to the starboard roller to the cleat.  This is a safety precaution because when you unshackle the Guardian chain from the Rocna you could easily drop it.


After that I unshackle the chain from the Rocna and bring the Guardian in on the starboard roller.


It's not back saving but I'm not doing it every day and it certainly feels better at times to have a second anchor out.


Gerhard Hoffmann

Pepino SM381

Evia, Greece