Date   

Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Good morning Ian,
Glad the problem is now solved!
Have a great day, sincerely, Alexandre



--------------------------------------------

On Wed, 5/31/17, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 2:36 AM


 














Hi Bill and Alexandre,



Just to say that with your kind assistance our chain
counter now works again.
However, the replacement sensor has changed once more.
IFM no longer make IB5124 which was identical in size to the
original sensor.
  They now make IIS266, which does the same job. 



I had on board a sensor from Pochon in La Rochelle from
two years ago which I hadn't fitted  as it was smaller
than the original. This is made by Pepper + Fuchs (

www.pepperl-fuchs.com ). Type: NBN15-30GK50-EO,  Part
No. 088552.   This appears to be identical to the IFM
IIS266. I fitted it.



Both the IFM and Pepper + Fuchs replacements are shorter
than the original IFM sensor and 30mm diameter as opposed to
34mm. However, I increased the diameter to 34mm using
electric tape and it fits very snugly into the grey
container on the side of the winch.
 It works!



Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Genoa


Re: printer onboard?

Gary Wells
 

Likewise, I spent the big bucks and went with HP portable printer. It's so convenient to just drag it out of the drawer, turn it on and print via Bluetooth from the laptop or even the phones.
Downside is that the cartridges are hard to find in Europe so we stock a few when stateside.
The charger is 110/220v 50/60Hz so it works wherever.
Been solid for three years now. Bluetooth is a bit slow if transferring a big photo or something.
I also purchased a slim, flatbed scanner as I don't like the multifunction guys so much and a flatbed allows me to scan pages from,say, a big book more easily.


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>
 

Hi Bill and Alexandre,


Just to say that with your kind assistance our chain counter now works again.

However, the replacement sensor has changed once more. IFM no longer make IB5124 which was identical in size to the original sensor.

  They now make IIS266, which does the same job. 


I had on board a sensor from Pochon in La Rochelle from two years ago which I hadn't fitted  as it was smaller than the original. This is made by Pepper + Fuchs ( www.pepperl-fuchs.com ). Type: NBN15-30GK50-EO,  Part No. 088552.   This appears to be identical to the IFM IIS266. I fitted it.


Both the IFM and Pepper + Fuchs replacements are shorter than the original IFM sensor and 30mm diameter as opposed to 34mm. However, I increased the diameter to 34mm using electric tape and it fits very snugly into the grey container on the side of the winch.  It works!


Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Genoa



From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 22 May 2017 19:01:45
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter
 

Thanks Alexandre,


Your step by step guides are invaluable.


Fair winds,


Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Genoa


From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 22 May 2017 17:48:03
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter
 
Good afternoon Ian,
Mine was also doing that, don’t know why, I changed it and all good now.
On http://nikimat.com/lofrans_tigres_windlass_overhaul.html
you can look at Part 12 (removing Chai Counter Eye or sensor)
Also look Parts 22, 23 and 28.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA




--------------------------------------------
On Mon, 5/22/17, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

 Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain counter
 To: "amelyachtowners@..."
 Date: Monday, May 22, 2017, 12:09 PM
 
 
  
 
 
 
  
 
 
    
      
      
      
 
 
 
 Hi all,
 
 
 
 We have our original Amel chain counter which has done
 great service over 17 years. For no apparent reason it has
 started to count even though we are now in a marina and the
 winch is not in use.
  When turning the winch it does seem to count the turns
 still.
   I have cleaned both the button on the winch and the
 front surface of the light sender but to no avail.
  Pressing the Z does zero the counter but off it goes
 again.
 
 
 
 Any clues ? Is this likely to be the counter on the winch
 or the display unit in the cockpit ?
 
 
 
 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Genoa
 
 
 


------------------------------------
Posted by: Alexandre Uster von Baar
------------------------------------


------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    amelyachtowners-digest@...
    amelyachtowners-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    amelyachtowners-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
    https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

eric freedman
 

HI Rafael,

My compressors on Kimberlite have been working fine on 60 hertz for the last 15 summers and much of the winter in the Caribbean.

Unfortunately I have tried to use a number of “certified” Climma technicians on St Maarten  and many do not know what they are doing and one firm near the bridge is absolutely dishonest.

 

I would wait till you find  someone on another island. Possibly write to Coastal Climate Control info@...

They are the USA distributors for Climma. They are very honest and knowledgeable. They might recommend a technician.

 

Did cleaning your propeller make your boat run faster?

Thank you for the kind note.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

Ps if you are still in St Maarten I arrive on June 22 and can help you with your Climma problem.

Fair Winds

 

 

 

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of rcavie
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:16 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

 

 

The air conditioner of the bow doesn´t work. When it turn on, the fuses fall all over the boat.

 

The air conditioning technician pointed out that the bow equipment, a Climma, Compact 9 EH, has bad the compressor. The compressor must be replaced. He says that compresor is 50hz and when used it with an electric current of 60 some of them can deteriorate. Any suggestions to replace for other equipment o replace the compressor?

 

Thank you

Rafael

Agapanthe SM2k246

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Rafael,

I would like to help. It sounds like you have had a bad (and warm) day. 

Who are you going to believe? Amel manuals for Climma Compact 9 state either 50 or 60 hertz. I am going to believe Amel. And based on his stated opinion, maybe you should seek another technician. 

Did you see him disconnect the compressor then turn the A/C on and "blow fuses all over the boat?" And, which fuses? A bad compressor should only blow one fuse. And, he should have tested the A/C with the compressor disconnected before reaching his conclusion. 

BTW, was this original equipment on your SM? I didn't think the Climma Compacts were used in SMs of your hull number. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On May 30, 2017 16:15, "rcavie" <no_reply@...> wrote:
 

The air conditioner of the bow doesn´t work. When it turn on, the fuses fall all over the boat.


The air conditioning technician pointed out that the bow equipment, a Climma, Compact 9 EH, has bad the compressor. The compressor must be replaced. He says that compresor is 50hz and when used it with an electric current of 60 some of them can deteriorate. Any suggestions to replace for other equipment o replace the compressor?


Thank you

Rafael

Agapanthe SM2k246



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>
 

It will probably be enough to change the capacitatiors to the one that can handle both 50 and 60 Hz.

 

Regards

Ann-Sofie

S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998

 

 

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

 

Från: rcavie
Skickat: den 30 maj 2017 22:15
Till: amelyachtowners@...
Ämne: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

 

 

The air conditioner of the bow doesn´t work. When it turn on, the fuses fall all over the boat.

 

The air conditioning technician pointed out that the bow equipment, a Climma, Compact 9 EH, has bad the compressor. The compressor must be replaced. He says that compresor is 50hz and when used it with an electric current of 60 some of them can deteriorate. Any suggestions to replace for other equipment o replace the compressor?

 

Thank you

Rafael

Agapanthe SM2k246

 

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Quick reply on the frequency.
For the Dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, scuba compressor and water maker it has to be 50 Hz - therefore even thought the air conditioning says 50 hertz it can be used on 60.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA



--------------------------------------------

On Tue, 5/30/17, rcavie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Air conditioning
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 3:15 PM


 









The air conditioner of the bow
doesn´t work. When it turn on, the fuses fall all over the
boat.
The air conditioning
technician pointed out that the bow equipment, a Climma,
Compact 9 EH, has bad the compressor. The compressor must be
replaced. He says that compresor is 50hz and when used it
with an electric current of 60 some of them can deteriorate.
Any suggestions to replace for other equipment o replace the
compressor?

Thank
youRafaelAgapanthe
SM2k246


Air conditioning

rcavie <no_reply@...>
 

The air conditioner of the bow doesn´t work. When it turn on, the fuses fall all over the boat.


The air conditioning technician pointed out that the bow equipment, a Climma, Compact 9 EH, has bad the compressor. The compressor must be replaced. He says that compresor is 50hz and when used it with an electric current of 60 some of them can deteriorate. Any suggestions to replace for other equipment o replace the compressor?


Thank you

Rafael

Agapanthe SM2k246



Solidarity aid between Amel

rcavie <no_reply@...>
 

I would like to thank through this group to Erik Kimberlite for their help to our first navigation in St Martin, with my family. 

Their willingness and willingness to teach were very important to gaining confidence in our boat.

Rafael

Agapanthe 

SM2k 246.


 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Mohammad Shirloo
 

Hello Soraya;

We have the HP ML150 portable printer on board. It is pretty small, battery operated (rechargeable), light and can print at decent speeds and blue tooth. We typically just take it out, print a few pages and put it back. No wired connections needed. Every once in a while we have to plug in to charge. Very convenient and useful. We just put it the front port side cabin locker out of the way.

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo 
AMEL 54 # 099

On May 30, 2017, at 6:45 PM, Linda DeSalvo ldesalvo207@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Soraya

We have had the same printer on board for the last 8 years.  It has been and is very reliable. Extremely useful for sharing info with other boaters and for printing out info and notes when needed.  Our printer is a HP Photosmart C7200 series it is a bit big for a boat.  We removed the dishwasher and located it under the starboard side sink in our Super Maramu. We also have installed shelves above the printer for dishtowel storage.


Jim, SM #207

Currently for sale in Long Beach Ca


On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

--------------------------------------------
On Tue, 5/30/17, svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM


 









Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From
experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
-- 
GARULFOAmel 54 #122
Cap
d'Agde, France





Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

ldesalvo207 Desalvo
 

Soraya

We have had the same printer on board for the last 8 years.  It has been and is very reliable. Extremely useful for sharing info with other boaters and for printing out info and notes when needed.  Our printer is a HP Photosmart C7200 series it is a bit big for a boat.  We removed the dishwasher and located it under the starboard side sink in our Super Maramu. We also have installed shelves above the printer for dishtowel storage.


Jim, SM #207

Currently for sale in Long Beach Ca


On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA

--------------------------------------------
On Tue, 5/30/17, svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM


 









Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From
experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
-- 
GARULFOAmel 54 #122
Cap
d'Agde, France





Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug

Hajo Hille
 

We put every packing ( noodles, flour, sugar, etc.) after we bought it for a few minutes in the microwave. I think that will kill everything.

Regards

Hajo and Julia
SY Serafine, SM 150

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 29.05.2017 um 20:19 schrieb Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Everything that contain flour will sooner or later develop bugs. Their eggs will only die if you freeze the flour. Pasta is difficult to freez. So put a Baileaf inside the package and you are bug less. The diffucult thing is to put a bail leaf inside a fresh packet, so cut a hole big enough for the leaf and close thouroghly with some scotch.

You can do the same rhing with flour, rice and dried beans.

If you choose to freeze the flour, first re-pack it to a plastic container, seal it very carefully and then freeze it for 2-3 days. Take it out of the freeze and store it in a better place. You will still be able to bake with the flour. The freezeing doesn't affect it. The warmth is worse because it will dry the flour out, so when baking you need to use more liquid. I froze flour when we left Sweden in 2010, still have some left, yes I bought a lot 😊, and there is no bugs and I still use it for baking.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

29 maj 2017 kl. 18:17 skrev Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Dear Amelians,
I found this bug (attached picture)  in several pastas on my boat. They were even inside sealed plastic spaghetti packages that were inside a separate plastic box. It's not the first time I see them, but I have no clue where they come from and how they grow. They only seem to like pasta...
Does anyone of you know what it is and how to avoid them?
Fair winds,
Alex, SY NOSTRESS
AMEL54#15, Martinique


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Good morning Soraya,

So I can not recommend a specific printer, but in my opinion, the printer should at least accept 50 and 60 Hz current.
Best is also 110/220 volt (or 220 volt since the boat is in 220 volt).
I started with a HP P1505, only because at the time this was the smallest, but after 3 years started to have issue with the USB connectors (I assume from the salty climate).
Also had an HP Envy 120, which I like because of the 50/60 HZ and 110/220 Volt, plus it was scanner, but eventually the climate also created problem.
Now I am using a Samsung M2020 printer and a Epson Perfection V39 scanner simply because they are small and were very cheap.
The Samsung is only 110 volt (50/60hz). The Epson uses USB for power.
what ever you purchase make sure of the 50/60 Hz frequency.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Island Water World Marina, Sint Maarten, NA




--------------------------------------------

On Tue, 5/30/17, svgarulfo@gmail.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 6:40 AM


 









Dear Amelians,
Contemplating getting a
printer onboard...
From experience:- would you say that is something useful
to have onboard?- Any suggestions or recommendations
of models both compact and resistant to usage on
boat?
Thanks for your
inputFair winds,Soraya
-- 
GARULFOAmel 54 #122
Cap
d'Agde, France


Re: Printer onboard?

Alan Leslie
 

We have an HP Deskjet 2540 wireless printer scanner on board and it is invaluable for scanning documents to send to Customs in the next ports, printing out hard copies of registration etc for customs, scanning passports, you name it....
Definitely worth while !
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437


Dessalator water maker and B & G STW sensor

robin hutter
 

The Dessalator water maker switches from green to yellow when I start the engine and the rpm's go above 1000. The water quality is still measureable good (around 200 ppm) and the charging current is never higher than 28,8 V

Very often ( but not always) the B and G speed sensor attached to my Hydra 2000 does the same.

Anybody experienced something similar? Any deas what it could be?

Robin

ASM #56

GrosDoux presently around Olbia/Sardinia/Italy


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>
 

I wouldn’t do without a printer onboard, mostly because of my job. 😊

 

I have had a HP Laser worked perfect until there where no drivers for it anymore … Changed to a compact printer/scanner/copy/fax  HP ink jet in 2014 it still works like a charm. The only drawback with an inkjet is that if the printed paper get damp the text will float out.

 

We did have problem to find a suitable place for the printer so we rebuilt the foul weather wardrobe next to the navigation table to a drawer with enough place in the top drawer for a printer.

 

Regards

Ann-Sofie

S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

 

 

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

 

Från: svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners]
Skickat: den 30 maj 2017 13:40
Till: amelyachtowners@...
Ämne: [Amel Yacht Owners] Printer onboard?

 

 

Dear Amelians,

 

Contemplating getting a printer onboard...

 

From experience:

- would you say that is something useful to have onboard?

- Any suggestions or recommendations of models both compact and resistant to usage on boat?

 

Thanks for your input

Fair winds,

Soraya

 

-- 

GARULFO

Amel 54 #122

Cap d'Agde, France

 

 


Printer onboard?

Sv Garulfo
 

Dear Amelians,


Contemplating getting a printer onboard...


From experience:

- would you say that is something useful to have onboard?

- Any suggestions or recommendations of models both compact and resistant to usage on boat?


Thanks for your input

Fair winds,

Soraya


-- 

GARULFO
Amel 54 #122
Cap d'Agde, France



Plastimo Magnetic Compass Light

Sv Garulfo
 

Dear Amelians,


Has anyone had to replace the light of their Plastimo Magnetic Compass?

- is that done through the front or back of the compass?

- do you know what bulb is required?


With thanks in advance,

Soraya


GARULFO
Amel 54 #122

Cap d'Agde, France



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Pasta Bug [1 Attachment]

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Alex, it is common for bugs' eggs to hatch inside dried pasta, especially in the tropics. Get yourself a good vacuum sealer machine and vacuum-seal pasta and all other grains, cereals and flours that are not consumed within 3 weeks. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On May 29, 2017 13:17, "Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
[Attachment(s) from Alex Ramseyer included below]

Dear Amelians,
I found this bug (attached picture)  in several pastas on my boat. They were even inside sealed plastic spaghetti packages that were inside a separate plastic box. It's not the first time I see them, but I have no clue where they come from and how they grow. They only seem to like pasta...
Does anyone of you know what it is and how to avoid them?
Fair winds,
Alex, SY NOSTRESS
AMEL54#15, Martinique


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] MPPT solar regulateur

Alan Leslie
 

Hi Thomas,
The MPPT only gets warm when working hard, not hot.
We do get heat from the dump resistors of the wind generator when it is working hard (not often), but we have a heat shield to protect anything from getting burnt !
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437