Date   

Electric bilge pump float actuator removal

jonathan681684 <john.stonier@...>
 

I want to remove the float actuator mechanism assembly from the bilge,
to give me better access.
As I am sure you all know, it consists of two sections of plastic drain
pipe material with a float inside connected to a rod which actuates an
electric switch. I cannot completly extract the assemby from the
bilge, as it interfears with the engine room roof before I can fully
pull it out. The two sections of pipe will slide inside each other when
I loosen a screw, but that does not make the assembly any shorter as
the rod just becomes more exposed.

Can anyone help, there must be a simple way to do this ?

Thanks,

John stonier, Santorin Allegra.


Buying Euros.

thenbarazi
 

Hello,
I'm a new member that is thinking of buying an older Amel (Euros,).
What in particular do I need to look out for? I have knowledge of
sailing boats in general, but no 'product knowledge' regarding Amel.
Any pointers and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Brian Gore.


Re: DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

amel46met
 

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Paquin"
<alex.paquin@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"
Hello, we are Tom @ Mary Ellen on the 1983 Maramu "Aphrodite" #125. We
had our compass rebuilt a few years ago, new dome, card, light &
liquid for under $100 US in San Deigo. Just like new. Good luck....


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] drawings

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

To all I will see if we can get the drawings scaned
and then I will send them or at least have them
available.
Richard SM 209

--- amarsini <alberto.marsini@aspasiel.it> wrote:

Dear Mr Piller,
if it is easy for you to send your drawing via
e-mail it would be very
kind from you, but if you have any problems it is
not so important, it
is only my curiosity to see them.
I'm in Italy.
Thank you any way and good wind!

Alberto Marsini



____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ


Re: Technical specs

camacfinancial <camacfinancial@...>
 

Dear Richard,

I am located in the south of France. would it be possible to get a
digital copy of the drawings you have?

Kind Regards

Caspar

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard Piller
<richard03801@...> wrote:

What we have is a set of drawings that we got with our
SM 209. What is your location? We are heading out of
Annapolis in a few days and are set is being copied by
another Amel ower that is naked.

Fair winds from Challenge
--- camacfinancial <camacfinancial@...> wrote:

Dear All,

I am a new SM owner and I am looking for some
technical information.
Amel was so kind to send me a CD-Rom, however it
contained information
on SM2000, which is not exactly the same. I have
seen technical
schemes of the regular SM (wiring, plumming,
layouts, etc...) that is
normally provided on purchase, unfortunatly in my
case I miss the
majority of them. Does somebody have the (or any)
softcopies available
for me, or know where to obtain them?

Kind Regards,

Caspar




_____________________________________________________________________
_______________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs


drawings

amarsini <alberto.marsini@...>
 

Dear Mr Piller,
if it is easy for you to send your drawing via e-mail it would be very
kind from you, but if you have any problems it is not so important, it
is only my curiosity to see them.
I'm in Italy.
Thank you any way and good wind!

Alberto Marsini


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Technical specs

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

What we have is a set of drawings that we got with our
SM 209. What is your location? We are heading out of
Annapolis in a few days and are set is being copied by
another Amel ower that is naked.

Fair winds from Challenge
--- camacfinancial <camacfinancial@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear All,

I am a new SM owner and I am looking for some
technical information.
Amel was so kind to send me a CD-Rom, however it
contained information
on SM2000, which is not exactly the same. I have
seen technical
schemes of the regular SM (wiring, plumming,
layouts, etc...) that is
normally provided on purchase, unfortunatly in my
case I miss the
majority of them. Does somebody have the (or any)
softcopies available
for me, or know where to obtain them?

Kind Regards,

Caspar




____________________________________________________________________________________
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs


Technical specs

camacfinancial <camacfinancial@...>
 

Dear All,

I am a new SM owner and I am looking for some technical information.
Amel was so kind to send me a CD-Rom, however it contained information
on SM2000, which is not exactly the same. I have seen technical
schemes of the regular SM (wiring, plumming, layouts, etc...) that is
normally provided on purchase, unfortunatly in my case I miss the
majority of them. Does somebody have the (or any) softcopies available
for me, or know where to obtain them?

Kind Regards,

Caspar


Re: DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

billklein48 <sidecar1@...>
 

This is a pretty expensive compass to throw away! Why dont you send
it for repair. Go on the internet and type Danforth Compass Repair
into the browser and you will find companies specializing in marine
instruments that can repair your Danforth. My Maramu hull # 91 also
needs this repair. Try VikingOptics.com. Bill K---

In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "jeanpaulmary" <schooner.jpm@...>
wrote:

Hello, on my Maramu #39 is a replacement Plastimo compass fitted, it
looks very nice (as from origin)
Jean Paul
--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard Piller
<richard03801@> wrote:

We bought a new one and made the hole bigger. We
suggest you find any compass that roughly fits the
hole and go from there.
best of luck.
Richard M 183
--- Alex Paquin <alex.paquin@> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or
model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the
Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the
plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"



______________________________________________________________________
______________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?
category=shopping


Re: DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

jeanpaulmary <schooner.jpm@...>
 

Hello, on my Maramu #39 is a replacement Plastimo compass fitted, it
looks very nice (as from origin)
Jean Paul
--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard Piller
<richard03801@...> wrote:

We bought a new one and made the hole bigger. We
suggest you find any compass that roughly fits the
hole and go from there.
best of luck.
Richard M 183
--- Alex Paquin <alex.paquin@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or
model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the
Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the
plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"



____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Plates, glasses etc

Eric Freedman
 

crockery was an option,
eric
sm 375 kimberlite

----- Original Message -----
From: rbenven44
Date: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:39 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Plates, glasses etc
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Niels Faerch"

wrote:

We're in the purchasing process and checking inventories. What Amel
crockery was included with a new Super Maramu in 1997?
No crockery, only six glasses, with heavy bottoms.

Roy, Excalibur SM #195 (delivered May 1997)


Re: Amel Plates, glasses etc

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>
 

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Niels Faerch" <nrfaerch@...>
wrote:

We're in the purchasing process and checking inventories. What Amel
crockery was included with a new Super Maramu in 1997?
No crockery, only six glasses, with heavy bottoms.

Roy, Excalibur SM #195 (delivered May 1997)


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

We bought a new one and made the hole bigger. We
suggest you find any compass that roughly fits the
hole and go from there.
best of luck.
Richard M 183
--- Alex Paquin <alex.paquin@usa.net> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or
model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the
Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the
plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"



____________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping


DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

Alejandro Paquin
 

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"


Amel Plates, glasses etc

Niels Faerch <nrfaerch@...>
 

We're in the purchasing process and checking inventories. What Amel
crockery was included with a new Super Maramu in 1997?


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ICOM SSB Radio Options

Craig and Jan Scott <sv_seabbatical@...>
 

Bill,
Thanks for the information. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Craig

On Jan 19, 2008 8:51 AM, svbebe <yahoogroups@svbebe.com> wrote:

Hi Craig,

For what it is worth, I also found this info:

* ICOM M801 v M802
Although the M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> and
M802 look the same that is where the difference finishes.
The M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> is housed in
a more robust housing with heavy duty connectors, ideal for the
marine environment.
* By using the latest DSP technology, the M801E
<http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> has better receiver
performance.
The M801E is a fully complaint class 'E' DSC unit offering a full
range of DSC features compared with the M802 limited range of DSC
functions.

* The M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> is CE approved
where the M802 is not.
Best,

Bill Rouse
BEBE SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
"svbebe" <yahoogroups@...>

wrote:

Hi Craig,

It has been about 1 year since Judy and I met you aboard the Beneteau
s/v Seabbatical at St. Johns. We have a SM2 "BEBE" (formerly
SECURITY).

I believe the primary reason is that the power supply requirement of
the 802 is 13.6 volts. This would require you to also purchase an
ICOM DC24-12 converter to convert 24 volts to 13.6 (Amel installed one
of these on our boat to power a Furuno 12 volt SSB).

The Icom 801 has a 12 and 24 volts supply...meaning no converter.

I believe if you bought the 802 and the ICOM DC24-12 converter that
you would probably spend more that the 801 alone and have twice the
possibility of failure...the power ON/OFF switch on our ICOM converter
failed about 3 months ago...I had a heck of a time finding a
replacement in Panama.

When do you plan to pick up the 54?

Best,

Bill Rouse
BEBE SM2 #387
www.bebe.com



--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com<amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>,
"sv_seabbatical"
sv_seabbatical@ wrote:

Can anybody tell me why the IC-M801 Single Side Band radio (offered
on
the Amel 54) is better than the IC-M802?

They have an option to install a cusomer supplied radio and I am
trying
to determine if I should provide them with an IC-M802 (which would
be
significantly less expensive) or go with their option.

Craig Scott




Re: ICOM SSB Radio Options

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>
 

Hi Craig,

For what it is worth, I also found this info:

* ICOM M801 v M802
Although the M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> and
M802 look the same that is where the difference finishes.
The M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> is housed in
a more robust housing with heavy duty connectors, ideal for the
marine environment.
* By using the latest DSP technology, the M801E
<http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> has better receiver
performance.
The M801E is a fully complaint class 'E' DSC unit offering a full
range of DSC features compared with the M802 limited range of DSC
functions.

* The M801E <http://www.seacom.co.uk/M801/index.html> is CE approved
where the M802 is not.
Best,

Bill Rouse
BEBE SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "svbebe" <yahoogroups@...>
wrote:

Hi Craig,

It has been about 1 year since Judy and I met you aboard the Beneteau
s/v Seabbatical at St. Johns. We have a SM2 "BEBE" (formerly
SECURITY).

I believe the primary reason is that the power supply requirement of
the 802 is 13.6 volts. This would require you to also purchase an
ICOM DC24-12 converter to convert 24 volts to 13.6 (Amel installed one
of these on our boat to power a Furuno 12 volt SSB).

The Icom 801 has a 12 and 24 volts supply...meaning no converter.

I believe if you bought the 802 and the ICOM DC24-12 converter that
you would probably spend more that the 801 alone and have twice the
possibility of failure...the power ON/OFF switch on our ICOM converter
failed about 3 months ago...I had a heck of a time finding a
replacement in Panama.

When do you plan to pick up the 54?

Best,

Bill Rouse
BEBE SM2 #387
www.bebe.com



--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sv_seabbatical"
sv_seabbatical@ wrote:

Can anybody tell me why the IC-M801 Single Side Band radio (offered
on
the Amel 54) is better than the IC-M802?

They have an option to install a cusomer supplied radio and I am
trying
to determine if I should provide them with an IC-M802 (which would
be
significantly less expensive) or go with their option.

Craig Scott


Re: ICOM SSB Radio Options

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>
 

Hi Craig,

It has been about 1 year since Judy and I met you aboard the Beneteau
s/v Seabbatical at St. Johns. We have a SM2 "BEBE" (formerly SECURITY).

I believe the primary reason is that the power supply requirement of
the 802 is 13.6 volts. This would require you to also purchase an
ICOM DC24-12 converter to convert 24 volts to 13.6 (Amel installed one
of these on our boat to power a Furuno 12 volt SSB).

The Icom 801 has a 12 and 24 volts supply...meaning no converter.

I believe if you bought the 802 and the ICOM DC24-12 converter that
you would probably spend more that the 801 alone and have twice the
possibility of failure...the power ON/OFF switch on our ICOM converter
failed about 3 months ago...I had a heck of a time finding a
replacement in Panama.

When do you plan to pick up the 54?

Best,

Bill Rouse
BEBE SM2 #387
www.bebe.com



--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sv_seabbatical"
<sv_seabbatical@...> wrote:

Can anybody tell me why the IC-M801 Single Side Band radio (offered on
the Amel 54) is better than the IC-M802?

They have an option to install a cusomer supplied radio and I am trying
to determine if I should provide them with an IC-M802 (which would be
significantly less expensive) or go with their option.

Craig Scott


ICOM SSB Radio Options

sv_seabbatical <sv_seabbatical@...>
 

Can anybody tell me why the IC-M801 Single Side Band radio (offered on
the Amel 54) is better than the IC-M802?

They have an option to install a cusomer supplied radio and I am trying
to determine if I should provide them with an IC-M802 (which would be
significantly less expensive) or go with their option.

Craig Scott


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Shipping Goods from US to Amel in France

svmalaika@...
 

In 2001 when we purchased our Super Maramu 2000, MALAIKA II, we made two
shipments to Amel in La Rochelle; one from our previous Amel in Seattle and the
other from our east coast residence. Both shipments were received by Amel "in
bond" so there was no customs inspection nor duties or taxes assessed. The
goods were held by them until we took delivery of the boat. They were then
loaded aboard and "exported" together with MALAIKA II. No problems. I'd confirm
with Amel that they still offer this service and details such as address and
labeling. Then find a reputable shipper on the US side and send your
things.

Regards,

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II



**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489