Date   

Aft A/C Clima Blower Motor

pstas2003 <no_reply@...>
 

First off, our thoughts and prayers go out to Alexandre and all of those impacted by these last two storms.  I don’t know you Alex, but I have followed your postings and the procedures on your website.  I know this is a huge loss for you.  Hang in there, it will get better.

Our aft Clima A/C unit comes on, and the compressor kicks in after a few seconds.  However, the fan unit does not start up at any of the three speeds.

I have searched the forum and found some information regarding blowers functioning at lower speed than normal, but nothing when the fan unit doesn’t work at all.

I was hoping for some information on where I should begin my trouble shooting.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Cruising Grenada

www.RitaKathryn.com


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

hanspeter baettig
 

Alex, Bill
I spoke with the Swiss Goverment. In St.Martin there is no Swiss Emassy and no Consulat.
The contact Alex needs is the following:
Regional Konsulatcenter for St. Martin is in Den Haag, Holland
Regionales Konsularcenter Benelux Den Haag
c/o Schweizerische Botschaft
Lange Voorhout 42
2514 EE Den Haag
Niederlande
this office is also responsible for St. Martin
Phone: +31 70 3642831/32
Fax: +31 70 3651238
maybe I coud help a littel bit.
And Alex take care my thougt are with you
Hanspeter
SM16, Tamango 2

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 11.09.2017 um 14:03 schrieb 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 

Derek Gates told me that he notified both Embassies. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On Sep 11, 2017 01:58, "grazyna.piesiewicz@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

A message copied form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a call for help from Alexandre:

"From our friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St Maarten.

Moral is low.
I don’t even want to mop the floor.
Just waiting for the generator to get the Wifi
The fridge is warm.
People, including the Hotel employee, are angry.
The government doesn’t sell fuel to civilians.
when we run out of diesel for the generator: no internet, no fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet nor shower and computers, phone, etc. will run out of batteries.
I really don’t see a way out of this.
10.00 they are having difficulties to start the generator.
The Hotel internet is down and I can’t access the one next door.
I just cry.
During the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was trying to get Wifi.
Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally agree on $1500 plus water and electricity, now wants $2250 because they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
We argue for one hour, I tell them I am taking back my diesel and selling it to the higher offer.
Finally we settle for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in them.
I no longer feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but I also don’t want to loose all I remove from the boat.
18.30 the generator starts, but no internet anywhere.
20.00 finally an internet connection.
Just sending the message I wrote.
I am so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French consulate to let them know I am at Simpson Bay Suites
3D Billy Fully Roaad
Pelican, St Maarten, N.A.
1.721.544.4441 (I doubt it works)
info@... (I doubt it works)
simpsonbaysuites@... (I doubt it works)
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Alexandre"


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

John Clark
 

Good job Derek.  I hope Alex stays inside the hotel.  It will be hard for the next week or so, but SXM is not a place for an "outsider"at the moment. 

John Clark

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 8:03 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Derek Gates told me that he notified both Embassies. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On Sep 11, 2017 01:58, "grazyna.piesiewicz@concurrence.etat.lu [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

A message copied form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a call for help from Alexandre:

"From our friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St Maarten.

Moral is low.
I don’t even want to mop the floor.
Just waiting for the generator to get the Wifi
The fridge is warm.
People, including the Hotel employee, are angry.
The government doesn’t sell fuel to civilians.
when we run out of diesel for the generator: no internet, no fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet nor shower and computers, phone, etc. will run out of batteries.
I really don’t see a way out of this.
10.00 they are having difficulties to start the generator.
The Hotel internet is down and I can’t access the one next door.
I just cry.
During the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was trying to get Wifi.
Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally agree on $1500 plus water and electricity, now wants $2250 because they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
We argue for one hour, I tell them I am taking back my diesel and selling it to the higher offer.
Finally we settle for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in them.
I no longer feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but I also don’t want to loose all I remove from the boat.
18.30 the generator starts, but no internet anywhere.
20.00 finally an internet connection.
Just sending the message I wrote.
I am so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French consulate to let them know I am at Simpson Bay Suites
3D Billy Fully Roaad
Pelican, St Maarten, N.A.
1.721.544.4441 (I doubt it works)
info@... (I doubt it works)
simpsonbaysuites@... (I doubt it works)
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Alexandre"



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Derek Gates told me that he notified both Embassies. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On Sep 11, 2017 01:58, "grazyna.piesiewicz@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

A message copied form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a call for help from Alexandre:

"From our friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St Maarten.

Moral is low.
I don’t even want to mop the floor.
Just waiting for the generator to get the Wifi
The fridge is warm.
People, including the Hotel employee, are angry.
The government doesn’t sell fuel to civilians.
when we run out of diesel for the generator: no internet, no fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet nor shower and computers, phone, etc. will run out of batteries.
I really don’t see a way out of this.
10.00 they are having difficulties to start the generator.
The Hotel internet is down and I can’t access the one next door.
I just cry.
During the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was trying to get Wifi.
Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally agree on $1500 plus water and electricity, now wants $2250 because they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
We argue for one hour, I tell them I am taking back my diesel and selling it to the higher offer.
Finally we settle for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in them.
I no longer feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but I also don’t want to loose all I remove from the boat.
18.30 the generator starts, but no internet anywhere.
20.00 finally an internet connection.
Just sending the message I wrote.
I am so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French consulate to let them know I am at Simpson Bay Suites
3D Billy Fully Roaad
Pelican, St Maarten, N.A.
1.721.544.4441 (I doubt it works)
info@... (I doubt it works)
simpsonbaysuites@... (I doubt it works)
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Alexandre"


Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

grazyna.piesiewicz@...
 

A message copied form the Amel owners group on Facebook, a call for help from Alexandre:

"From our friend Alexandre asking for help. Please read it. St Maarten.

Moral is low.
I don’t even want to mop the floor.
Just waiting for the generator to get the Wifi
The fridge is warm.
People, including the Hotel employee, are angry.
The government doesn’t sell fuel to civilians.
when we run out of diesel for the generator: no internet, no fridge, no stove, no water for the toilet nor shower and computers, phone, etc. will run out of batteries.
I really don’t see a way out of this.
10.00 they are having difficulties to start the generator.
The Hotel internet is down and I can’t access the one next door.
I just cry.
During the 2 hours the generator was running, all I did was trying to get Wifi.
Then, to make the thing worst, the Hotel which originally agree on $1500 plus water and electricity, now wants $2250 because they can not meter the electricity nor water I use?!?
We argue for one hour, I tell them I am taking back my diesel and selling it to the higher offer.
Finally we settle for $1600 all together, but I lost trust in them.
I no longer feel safe here, more and more I want to leave, but I also don’t want to loose all I remove from the boat.
18.30 the generator starts, but no internet anywhere.
20.00 finally an internet connection.
Just sending the message I wrote.
I am so tired, if you could please contact any Swiss or French consulate to let them know I am at Simpson Bay Suites
3D Billy Fully Roaad
Pelican, St Maarten, N.A.
1.721.544.4441 (I doubt it works)
info@... (I doubt it works)
simpsonbaysuites@... (I doubt it works)
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Alexandre"


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
 

Hi, I have the combined deck and steaming light on the front of the main mast. I noticed when tacking the headsail could drag across it and cause it to come off. I made up a protector by bending some stainless tube into a u  shape and riveted it to the mast out around the light. End of problem.
Danny
DM 299
Ocean Pearl

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 11 Sep 2017 18:04, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Hi,

If you install the LED bulb in this fixture, be careful. My original fixture came apart due to the additional weight of the LED bulb. With the cooling fins I estimate it to be 2-3 times the weight of the conventional bulb.

The old fixture was torn at the point of assembly of the top and bottom sections. I reinforced this section on the new fixture by putting large washers on either side of bigger bolts.

I believe this will fix any future problems.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 1:07 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Hi Bill K,

 

Mine bounced on the deck, scattered lots of glass before heading to Davey Jones locker. 

 

Got a LED bulb to fit from "boat lamps.co.uk". £80 IIRC

 

Jean-Pierre Germain 

Eleuthera SM007




On 11 Sep 2017, at 03:41, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Bill

Here is the one I have. Same as yours but with a steaming light.

Defender in Connecticut.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2709015&id=840698

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:31 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Thanks Eric!

 

Exactly what I needed to know. That model is not widely available on the US market, but I'll find it somewhere!

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 

 



---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

eric freedman
 

Hi,

If you install the LED bulb in this fixture, be careful. My original fixture came apart due to the additional weight of the LED bulb. With the cooling fins I estimate it to be 2-3 times the weight of the conventional bulb.

The old fixture was torn at the point of assembly of the top and bottom sections. I reinforced this section on the new fixture by putting large washers on either side of bigger bolts.

I believe this will fix any future problems.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 1:07 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Hi Bill K,

 

Mine bounced on the deck, scattered lots of glass before heading to Davey Jones locker. 

 

Got a LED bulb to fit from "boat lamps.co.uk". £80 IIRC

 

Jean-Pierre Germain 

Eleuthera SM007




On 11 Sep 2017, at 03:41, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Bill

Here is the one I have. Same as yours but with a steaming light.

Defender in Connecticut.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2709015&id=840698

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:31 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Thanks Eric!

 

Exactly what I needed to know. That model is not widely available on the US market, but I'll find it somewhere!

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 

 



---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>
 

Hi Bill K,

Mine bounced on the deck, scattered lots of glass before heading to Davey Jones locker. 

Got a LED bulb to fit from "boat lamps.co.uk". £80 IIRC

Jean-Pierre Germain 
Eleuthera SM007



On 11 Sep 2017, at 03:41, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Bill

Here is the one I have. Same as yours but with a steaming light.

Defender in Connecticut.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2709015&id=840698

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:31 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Thanks Eric!

 

Exactly what I needed to know. That model is not widely available on the US market, but I'll find it somewhere!

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 

 



---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

eric freedman
 

Bill

Here is the one I have. Same as yours but with a steaming light.

Defender in Connecticut.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|65136|2709015&id=840698

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:31 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light

 

 

Thanks Eric!

 

Exactly what I needed to know. That model is not widely available on the US market, but I'll find it somewhere!

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 

 



---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

greatketch@...
 

Thanks Eric!

Exactly what I needed to know. That model is not widely available on the US market, but I'll find it somewhere!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Port Hayward, Virginia




---In amelyachtowners@..., <kimberlite@...> wrote :

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hurricane Prep

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Don't be so sure that it will shread. That is made of woven Nylon and coated on both sides with polypropelene. The same fabric is used to make cargo tarps for 18 wheelers. 


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On Sep 10, 2017 7:40 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

I have a similar enclosure.  I think strong winds would rip it to shreds, especially if not coming from the bow.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Sep 10, 2017, at 1:47 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hi Duane,
From the replies you got about cockpit enclosures it may not have been clear that that's not what you were asking about. I think you were referring to a separate piece that can be used when the bimini is folded into the hard dodger. It fastens above the windshieds, comes directly over the dodger and goes straight down against the wheel and companionway from one side of the cockpit bulkhead to the other. A vertical zipper at the conpanionway allows access. It is clearly not for use underway, only when the boat is stored. It dors a great job of protecting the unstruments and companionway. Use it! I suspect later models don't have this, hence the confusion with cockpit enclosurea.
Cheers, Craig Briggs sn68 Sangaris


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

karkauai
 

Hi Bill,
The original on Kristy was an AquaSignal Kiel (Keil?) Light.  Mine wouldn't hold the bulb in place any more.  The newer models were redesigned and parts are not interchangeable, AquaSignal doesn't have any of the old ones.  The part that remains on your mast has an inside diameter that is a perfect fit for a PVC pipe fitting, sorry, I don't have the exact size.  I cut a  1" long piece, and bolted it through the existing fixture to hold the bulb in place.  Looks like it belongs there.  I think I posted a pic of it a few years ago in the "Kristy" folder.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll post it.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

.


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

eric freedman
 

Bill,

That looks like a repaired model of what I have on my main mast.

It is made by aqua signal.

https://www.aquasignal.com.au/kiel/

I am sure you can order it from a local supplier , mine is a deck light and a steaming light in one unit.

You might look into the availability of buying the combo. I replaced mine last year.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 6:56 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main Mast Deck Light [2 Attachments]

 

 

[Attachment(s) from greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

 

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

 

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Port Hayward, Virginia

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hurricane Prep

karkauai
 

I have a similar enclosure.  I think strong winds would rip it to shreds, especially if not coming from the bow.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
Panama cell: +507-61171896
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Sep 10, 2017, at 1:47 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Hi Duane,
From the replies you got about cockpit enclosures it may not have been clear that that's not what you were asking about. I think you were referring to a separate piece that can be used when the bimini is folded into the hard dodger. It fastens above the windshieds, comes directly over the dodger and goes straight down against the wheel and companionway from one side of the cockpit bulkhead to the other. A vertical zipper at the conpanionway allows access. It is clearly not for use underway, only when the boat is stored. It dors a great job of protecting the unstruments and companionway. Use it! I suspect later models don't have this, hence the confusion with cockpit enclosurea.
Cheers, Craig Briggs sn68 Sangaris


Main Mast Deck Light

greatketch@...
 

Harmonie has a deck light installed on the forward side of the mainmast that has "spontaneously disassembled" itself and--of course--all the bits bounced once on deck before disappearing overboard.  I am pretty sure at least some other SMs had spreader lights in lieu of a mast mounted deck light, but this does have the look of an original installation, and there is no evidence that spreader lights were ever installed.

Does anyone know the brand and a source for these--or if they are still available?  I have attached the best photos I can get from deck level of what remains.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Port Hayward, Virginia


Re: Storage cover over front of cockpit.

Craig Briggs
 

Or maybe, Duane - can you post a pic on your SM?
Craig


Storage cover over front of cockpit.

Craig Briggs
 

Hi Paul,
I didn't bring it with me for our season cruising.  I'll try, though to post a pic in next few days of the fasteners..  Ours is a SN so a bit different for the SM, but I'm sure very similar.
HI Ian,
Yes, the H Amel signature is pretty neat. I bought a new one from Maude and now remove it whenever I store.
Any chance you can post a pic for Paul and others?

Cheers, Craig


Re: Hurricane Prep

Paul Osterberg
 

 Craig
We do not have this cockpit cover, but will probably have one made, do you have any photo on it so we do not invent the wheel again
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259 next stop Cape May


Re: Hurricane Prep

Ian Park
 

Craig
Oh! Then I guess the previous owner of Hobo lost the signature. Didn't know there was one !
Ian


Re: Hurricane Prep

Craig Briggs
 

Right indeed, Ian. I did learn the hard way, though, to remove the center cap of the steering wheel, as the piece rubbed off the gold embossed "H Amel" signature first time I used it.
Cheers, Craig