Date   

Cheers Alex

pjn.mccallin@...
 

Have just opened bottle of champagne to remind ourselves of happy times passed, hope your cave will survive!

Patrick & Elaine  CARAMELLE 


Re: Bilge maitenance

jhe1313@...
 

Now I've cleaned my bilge thoroughly using a newly acquired Kaercher and wetvac.  It sparkled just a few days ago.  I did not see a copper strop but two keel bolts, which were backed by a stainless steel plate.  I have a follow up question:  what do people use against the smell of the bilge water?  Amel advice is to use bilge cleaner once a month (or week?).   Many thanks! 


Re: Alternative for not working Sonic Speed sensors

karkauai
 

I am in the process of adding B&G Zeus nav instrumentation.

I have an old Echopilot forward sonar that doesn't work (and I didn't find very helpful anyway). I'm considering adding another depth sounder and would put it in the thru-hull where the EchoPilot transducer was, but the old thru-hull is much bigger than the B&G transducer, and it is mounted at the centerline with a lot of epoxy that makes it much deeper than the B&G transducer.

I'm interested in the Airmar P79 thru-hull sonar, but my electrical guys say they've had a lot of problems with them and don't recommend them any more.

Has anyone had theirs for long enough to have a feel for any problems with it? Any tricks for mounting that would avoid problems?

Any other suggestions?

I, like Bill R, am not racing and don't find that SOW adds much to my navigation. When my Doppler SOW dies, I probably won't replace it.

Thanks for your ideas and sharing your experience.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently on the hard in Annapolis, MD


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

JEFFREY KRAUS
 

Alex, i send my deepest regrets and sympathies for losing your boat. I could only imagine the chaos there during and after the storm, and to find Nimikat sunk afterwards must have been devastating.  Best wishes moving forward,  jeff kraus


Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 9/8/17 3:16 AM (GMT-04:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

 

Dear Alex,


 What a heart breaking experience. We do hope that you are insured and , after catching your breath,  that you will want Nikimat 2.  Your detailed notes and photos are of such value to the Amel family.  Good luck over the next few weeks. We shall all be thinking of you.


Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece


From: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of Giovanni Testa gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: 07 September 2017 14:56:59
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat
 
Dear Alex,
 my English is absolutely inadeguate, I'm so sorry, to express my sentiment about NIKMAT lost.
Un GRANDE GRANDE ABBRACCIO
Gianni Testa
sv EUTIKIA
SM2000 n 428
Trinidad

Il 07/09/2017 03:28, James Studdart james.studdart@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:
 

Oh my goodness, so so sorry to hear this. I'm at a loss for words... my heart is with you Alexandre. What a loss.

James & Chloe
Fakarava, FP
SeaBean SM344

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 14:54 Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am sewed into a canal. 


Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:30 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Porter,  take a lesson from Alex,  run north.  Your boat is fast, you can make Annapolis easy before storm could catch you..

On Sep 6, 2017 8:27 PM, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am stunned and so sorry to hear this Alex. Especially with Irma on the way right here. Fort Lauderdale. 
God save us all. 

Porter

Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 7:20 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
The following is from Alex, owner of NIKIMAT...both were in IRMA at St. Martin:

he wind slow down to acceptable level. 
The hotel employe came to tried without success to unstuck the balcony drain, so we use buckets to through the water over. 
Looking at the broken window, they told me the glass is rated at 175 mph for 1 hour and there was wind of 200 mph. Would be curious to know how fast was the wind. 
The street looks like a war zone, truck flew over, landed on cars, branches everywhere. Trying to see NIKIMAT, but I don’t. When I moved in the suite, I could see the 2 antennas on the main mast. Still too much wind to go. 
After 3 hours of removing the water from the bathroom, I was tired and the wind was down enough to walk in the street, I walk to the Marina. 
It look like the Apocalypse. All the boats were destroyed. 
NIKIMAT sunk as well. 
As I walk closer, I saw the Mizzen boom above water, the Main boom was under water. 
Even if I was expecting my boat to sing, it was very emotional. 
I have own NIKIMAT for 5 years and He was my Beloved Home for 4.5. 
I walked to my slip, some of the cleats were ripped off the dock. 
I pull the dock lines on the dock cleat that hold and find the boat cleats at the end of the dock. 
Nothing can resist a Category 5 Hurricane. 
My neighbor’s Horizon 70 had sink. 
A Catamaran went flying and landed on the roof of apartments. 
My neighbor’s Trimaran flip over.
All monohulls sink. 
I walked to the other IGY Marina (where they keep the Super Yacht) and it was the same. Total disaster. Catamarans flip over or flew away, several Yachts cut in half. An ex-neighbor at St Barth completely shred, etc. 
From a distance I could see Port de Plaisance and it was the same. 
Same for the rest of the marinas.


Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970


Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

JEFFREY KRAUS
 

I appreciate all the kind sentiments sent my way .  Just before the onslaught a power boat was fueling up. I had 4 lines tied to that dock. Power boat owner told me a boat like mine was at anchor in san juan where he had just left. He didnt sound optimistic about it doing well there. I sincerely hope he was wrong.
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
From: "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 9/8/17 5:04 AM (GMT-04:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

 

So glad to hear!


On Sep 7, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Glad to hear you made it through OK, Jeff.
My heart is aching for Alex.

I just hauled out in Annapolis.
Kent
SM243
Kristy


Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Duane Siegfri
 

Alex,

Peg and I are heartbroken for you.  Know that there are people here that care.  

Duane & Peg
Wanderer, SM#477


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Porter McRoberts
 

Excellent point!
I'll do the same!




On Sep 7, 2017, at 1:39 PM, Peter Forbes ppsforbes@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Alex,

It may help you with your insurance claim if you tell them every Amel owner will follow your claim.

Peter 
Carango - Amel 54 #035


On 7 Sep 2017, at 18:08, sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Alexandre,


I am so sorry to read of your terrible loss. I know the pain you must be going through having seen my Amel submerged back in 2002. The boat is replaceable but all the things that you have amassed in your travels, the videos, the photos, the souvenirs etc may have gone for ever.

I hope that your insurance company treats you well and that you will again be the proud owner of an Amel in the very near future.

Take care out there and all the very best.

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader Larnaca Cyprus


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

Porter McRoberts
 

So glad to hear!


On Sep 7, 2017, at 2:36 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Glad to hear you made it through OK, Jeff.
My heart is aching for Alex.

I just hauled out in Annapolis.
Kent
SM243
Kristy


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>
 

Dear Alex,


 What a heart breaking experience. We do hope that you are insured and , after catching your breath,  that you will want Nikimat 2.  Your detailed notes and photos are of such value to the Amel family.  Good luck over the next few weeks. We shall all be thinking of you.


Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece


From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of Giovanni Testa gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 07 September 2017 14:56:59
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat
 
Dear Alex,
 my English is absolutely inadeguate, I'm so sorry, to express my sentiment about NIKMAT lost.
Un GRANDE GRANDE ABBRACCIO
Gianni Testa
sv EUTIKIA
SM2000 n 428
Trinidad

Il 07/09/2017 03:28, James Studdart james.studdart@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:
 

Oh my goodness, so so sorry to hear this. I'm at a loss for words... my heart is with you Alexandre. What a loss.

James & Chloe
Fakarava, FP
SeaBean SM344

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 14:54 Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am sewed into a canal. 


Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:30 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Porter,  take a lesson from Alex,  run north.  Your boat is fast, you can make Annapolis easy before storm could catch you..

On Sep 6, 2017 8:27 PM, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am stunned and so sorry to hear this Alex. Especially with Irma on the way right here. Fort Lauderdale. 
God save us all. 

Porter

Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 7:20 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
The following is from Alex, owner of NIKIMAT...both were in IRMA at St. Martin:

he wind slow down to acceptable level. 
The hotel employe came to tried without success to unstuck the balcony drain, so we use buckets to through the water over. 
Looking at the broken window, they told me the glass is rated at 175 mph for 1 hour and there was wind of 200 mph. Would be curious to know how fast was the wind. 
The street looks like a war zone, truck flew over, landed on cars, branches everywhere. Trying to see NIKIMAT, but I don’t. When I moved in the suite, I could see the 2 antennas on the main mast. Still too much wind to go. 
After 3 hours of removing the water from the bathroom, I was tired and the wind was down enough to walk in the street, I walk to the Marina. 
It look like the Apocalypse. All the boats were destroyed. 
NIKIMAT sunk as well. 
As I walk closer, I saw the Mizzen boom above water, the Main boom was under water. 
Even if I was expecting my boat to sing, it was very emotional. 
I have own NIKIMAT for 5 years and He was my Beloved Home for 4.5. 
I walked to my slip, some of the cleats were ripped off the dock. 
I pull the dock lines on the dock cleat that hold and find the boat cleats at the end of the dock. 
Nothing can resist a Category 5 Hurricane. 
My neighbor’s Horizon 70 had sink. 
A Catamaran went flying and landed on the roof of apartments. 
My neighbor’s Trimaran flip over.
All monohulls sink. 
I walked to the other IGY Marina (where they keep the Super Yacht) and it was the same. Total disaster. Catamarans flip over or flew away, several Yachts cut in half. An ex-neighbor at St Barth completely shred, etc. 
From a distance I could see Port de Plaisance and it was the same. 
Same for the rest of the marinas.


Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970


Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com


SHARKI IN THE BRISTOL CHANNEL?

7yqumejrzg65ljqdjmsancxievxsas2bedd3vnsh@...
 

Does anybody keep a Sharki in the Bristol Channel? I shall be moving Sea Hobo to Watchet in the Autumn and would love to see another.

Mark Porter


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

karkauai
 

Glad to hear you made it through OK, Jeff.
My heart is aching for Alex.

I just hauled out in Annapolis.
Kent
SM243
Kristy


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

eric freedman
 

KOOOOL

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:57 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

 

 

From Jeff Kraus:


"I weathered the storm aboard unscathed. Thanks for checking in on me.  Regards, Jeff"


CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

 

On Sep 6, 2017 22:26, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Amen brothers and sisters. 

SW is the best place to be. 




On Sep 6, 2017, at 11:15 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Jeff,

Is on his Amel 54 in a marina on the SW corner of Puerto Rico.

As of an hour ago he is OK and has cell service.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 


Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

James Sterling
 

Terrible loss and I'm so sad for you.  I know how much work you put into her.  I'm happy that you're safe and confident you will have a new beginning.


James Sterling

S/V Longbow SM2K #418



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Peter Forbes
 

Alex,

It may help you with your insurance claim if you tell them every Amel owner will follow your claim.

Peter 
Carango - Amel 54 #035


On 7 Sep 2017, at 18:08, sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Alexandre,


I am so sorry to read of your terrible loss. I know the pain you must be going through having seen my Amel submerged back in 2002. The boat is replaceable but all the things that you have amassed in your travels, the videos, the photos, the souvenirs etc may have gone for ever.

I hope that your insurance company treats you well and that you will again be the proud owner of an Amel in the very near future.

Take care out there and all the very best.

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader Larnaca Cyprus


Re: Alex aboard Nikimat

Ian Shepherd
 

Alexandre,

I am so sorry to read of your terrible loss. I know the pain you must be going through having seen my Amel submerged back in 2002. The boat is replaceable but all the things that you have amassed in your travels, the videos, the photos, the souvenirs etc may have gone for ever.

I hope that your insurance company treats you well and that you will again be the proud owner of an Amel in the very near future.

Take care out there and all the very best.

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader Larnaca Cyprus


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lets pray for Jeff Kraus

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

From Jeff Kraus:

"I weathered the storm aboard unscathed. Thanks for checking in on me.  Regards, Jeff"

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

   

On Sep 6, 2017 22:26, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Amen brothers and sisters. 
SW is the best place to be. 



On Sep 6, 2017, at 11:15 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Jeff,

Is on his Amel 54 in a marina on the SW corner of Puerto Rico.

As of an hour ago he is OK and has cell service.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

 


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

Giovanni TESTA
 

Dear Alex,
 my English is absolutely inadeguate, I'm so sorry, to express my sentiment about NIKMAT lost.
Un GRANDE GRANDE ABBRACCIO
Gianni Testa
sv EUTIKIA
SM2000 n 428
Trinidad

Il 07/09/2017 03:28, James Studdart james.studdart@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:
 

Oh my goodness, so so sorry to hear this. I'm at a loss for words... my heart is with you Alexandre. What a loss.

James & Chloe
Fakarava, FP
SeaBean SM344

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 14:54 Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am sewed into a canal. 


Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 8:30 PM, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Porter,  take a lesson from Alex,  run north.  Your boat is fast, you can make Annapolis easy before storm could catch you..

On Sep 6, 2017 8:27 PM, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 
I am stunned and so sorry to hear this Alex. Especially with Irma on the way right here. Fort Lauderdale. 
God save us all. 

Porter

Excuse the errors.  
Sent from my IPhone 

On Sep 6, 2017, at 7:20 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
The following is from Alex, owner of NIKIMAT...both were in IRMA at St. Martin:

he wind slow down to acceptable level. 
The hotel employe came to tried without success to unstuck the balcony drain, so we use buckets to through the water over. 
Looking at the broken window, they told me the glass is rated at 175 mph for 1 hour and there was wind of 200 mph. Would be curious to know how fast was the wind. 
The street looks like a war zone, truck flew over, landed on cars, branches everywhere. Trying to see NIKIMAT, but I don’t. When I moved in the suite, I could see the 2 antennas on the main mast. Still too much wind to go. 
After 3 hours of removing the water from the bathroom, I was tired and the wind was down enough to walk in the street, I walk to the Marina. 
It look like the Apocalypse. All the boats were destroyed. 
NIKIMAT sunk as well. 
As I walk closer, I saw the Mizzen boom above water, the Main boom was under water. 
Even if I was expecting my boat to sing, it was very emotional. 
I have own NIKIMAT for 5 years and He was my Beloved Home for 4.5. 
I walked to my slip, some of the cleats were ripped off the dock. 
I pull the dock lines on the dock cleat that hold and find the boat cleats at the end of the dock. 
Nothing can resist a Category 5 Hurricane. 
My neighbor’s Horizon 70 had sink. 
A Catamaran went flying and landed on the roof of apartments. 
My neighbor’s Trimaran flip over.
All monohulls sink. 
I walked to the other IGY Marina (where they keep the Super Yacht) and it was the same. Total disaster. Catamarans flip over or flew away, several Yachts cut in half. An ex-neighbor at St Barth completely shred, etc. 
From a distance I could see Port de Plaisance and it was the same. 
Same for the rest of the marinas.


Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970


Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347
 

Alex,
Gayle and I are so sad to hear of your misfortune.  It must have been horrible to witness the massive destruction of such a wonderful island and then to lose your beloved NIKIMAT.  And it's not over for you.  We know you will have much to do over many weeks.   You will be in our thoughts and prayers.


Ben and Gayle
La Bella Vita
SM #347
Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 4:20 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

 

The following is from Alex, owner of NIKIMAT...both were in IRMA at St. Martin:

he wind slow down to acceptable level. 
The hotel employe came to tried without success to unstuck the balcony drain, so we use buckets to through the water over. 
Looking at the broken window, they told me the glass is rated at 175 mph for 1 hour and there was wind of 200 mph. Would be curious to know how fast was the wind. 
The street looks like a war zone, truck flew over, landed on cars, branches everywhere. Trying to see NIKIMAT, but I don’t. When I moved in the suite, I could see the 2 antennas on the main mast. Still too much wind to go. 
After 3 hours of removing the water from the bathroom, I was tired and the wind was down enough to walk in the street, I walk to the Marina. 
It look like the Apocalypse. All the boats were destroyed. 
NIKIMAT sunk as well. 
As I walk closer, I saw the Mizzen boom above water, the Main boom was under water. 
Even if I was expecting my boat to sing, it was very emotional. 
I have own NIKIMAT for 5 years and He was my Beloved Home for 4.5. 
I walked to my slip, some of the cleats were ripped off the dock. 
I pull the dock lines on the dock cleat that hold and find the boat cleats at the end of the dock. 
Nothing can resist a Category 5 Hurricane. 
My neighbor’s Horizon 70 had sink. 
A Catamaran went flying and landed on the roof of apartments. 
My neighbor’s Trimaran flip over.
All monohulls sink. 
I walked to the other IGY Marina (where they keep the Super Yacht) and it was the same. Total disaster. Catamarans flip over or flew away, several Yachts cut in half. An ex-neighbor at St Barth completely shred, etc. 
From a distance I could see Port de Plaisance and it was the same. 
Same for the rest of the marinas.


Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: motors for outhaul and furling

Robin Hutter <robin.hutter@...>
 

if the gearbox is a bonfiglioli you can an original from sotek.it directly for about 80 euros plus freight - they ship worldwide.

fair winds
Robin
SM #56
presently in Badalona/Spain

Von meinem iPad gesendet


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Alex aboard Nikimat

tfortner1975
 

Alex,

Our families thoughts are with you. Glad you are safe. With your knowledge, experience, and passion, you will have another Amel in great shape sooner than you think.  

Trevor
SV IRIS, SN027
Phuket - on the hard

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Mike Johnson mike.k.johnson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Hi Alex,

We are glad to hear that you are ok but saddened by the fate of NIKIMAT.  Our sincere respect our heartfelt sympathy.

Very best wishes

MIke & Peta

SOLITUDE
SM2K #461

On 7 Sep 2017, at 00:20, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

The following is from Alex, owner of NIKIMAT...both were in IRMA at St. Martin:

he wind slow down to acceptable level. 
The hotel employe came to tried without success to unstuck the balcony drain, so we use buckets to through the water over. 
Looking at the broken window, they told me the glass is rated at 175 mph for 1 hour and there was wind of 200 mph. Would be curious to know how fast was the wind. 
The street looks like a war zone, truck flew over, landed on cars, branches everywhere. Trying to see NIKIMAT, but I don’t. When I moved in the suite, I could see the 2 antennas on the main mast. Still too much wind to go. 
After 3 hours of removing the water from the bathroom, I was tired and the wind was down enough to walk in the street, I walk to the Marina. 
It look like the Apocalypse. All the boats were destroyed. 
NIKIMAT sunk as well. 
As I walk closer, I saw the Mizzen boom above water, the Main boom was under water. 
Even if I was expecting my boat to sing, it was very emotional. 
I have own NIKIMAT for 5 years and He was my Beloved Home for 4.5. 
I walked to my slip, some of the cleats were ripped off the dock. 
I pull the dock lines on the dock cleat that hold and find the boat cleats at the end of the dock. 
Nothing can resist a Category 5 Hurricane. 
My neighbor’s Horizon 70 had sink. 
A Catamaran went flying and landed on the roof of apartments. 
My neighbor’s Trimaran flip over.
All monohulls sink. 
I walked to the other IGY Marina (where they keep the Super Yacht) and it was the same. Total disaster. Catamarans flip over or flew away, several Yachts cut in half. An ex-neighbor at St Barth completely shred, etc. 
From a distance I could see Port de Plaisance and it was the same. 
Same for the rest of the marinas.