Date   

Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where

karkauai
 

Hi Alex,
On Kristy its red->brown, black->blue, gr/yel->ground
Kent
SM243


On Aug 19, 2016, at 12:33 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

I have 2 shore powers.

The 220 Volt (like every body) and the (optional) 110 Volt going to the (optional) 110 to 220 Volt transformer.

The 220 Volt has 3 wires: Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green
Which are connected to my 50 Amp 125/250 Volt the following way:
US Black (110 Volt) goes to Brown
US Red or Black (110 Volt) goes to Blue
US Green (Ground) goes to Yellow/green
US White is not connected.

All good until there.

Please forgive my ignorance in advance for the coming question:

The110 Volt shore power has 3 wires:
Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green.

I plan on purchasing a 30 Amp 125 Volt socket which has:
Neutral, Hot and Ground

Which cables goes where…
Here is a picture:
http://nikimat.com/shore_power_plug_125_volt.html

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

Good morning Jamie,

Thanks for your reply on the 110 volt.

As I mentioned I have very little knowledge on electricity.

But that I am certain on the 220 volt connection I mentioned. Which is confusing if you add extension cord as it has a white wire (which is not connected to the white of the marina):

Marina (US) Extension Cord Vessel
Black 110 Volt Black Brown
Red or Black 110 Volt White Blue
Ground Green Green yellow/green
White nowhere


Before I receive my vessel, this is how I was told to make the shore connection from the 4 US wires to the 3 European ones, this was also confirm on the forum several time.
Why? I am unfortunately not the right person to ask…

Sincerely, Alexandre



--------------------------------------------

On Sat, 8/20/16, James Wendell ms42phantom54@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 6:07 AM


 









Alexandre,
the blue wire goes to the neutral connection. The brown wire
goes to the hot, and the green/yellow goes to
ground.
I am
confused where you indicate that you have US Red or Black
going to Blue. Are you sure? In the US the white wire should
be your neutral.
Jamie s/v Phantom Amel
54 #044

On Friday, August 19,
2016 12:33 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar
uster@rocketmail.com [amelyachtowners]"
<amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



 









I have 2 shore powers.



The 220 Volt (like every body) and the (optional) 110 Volt
going to the (optional) 110 to 220 Volt transformer.



The 220 Volt has 3 wires: Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green

Which are connected to my 50 Amp 125/250 Volt the following
way:

US Black (110 Volt) goes to Brown

US Red or Black (110 Volt) goes to Blue

US Green (Ground) goes to Yellow/green

US White is not connected.



All good until there.



Please forgive my ignorance in advance for the coming
question:



The110 Volt shore power has 3 wires:

Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green.



I plan on purchasing a 30 Amp 125 Volt socket which has:

Neutral, Hot and Ground



Which cables goes where…

Here is a picture:

http://nikimat.com/shore_power_plug_125_volt.html



Thanks in advance.



Sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico


Re: Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 

Or, the pump can be replaced with what Amel calls "Version 2" of the pump, which is still made in Italy, the TF Marine TM 50.

During our years-long struggle with the original AMFA pump (which was repaired several times by technicians extremely experienced with it, always using Amel-supplied parts, and was even repaired by an Amel-factory mechanic in La Rochelle in 2015), we installed a secondary pump on an electronic float.  This pump is a Jabsco 36600-0010, 7.4 GPM (28 lpm).

The Jabsco secondary hasn't fired (automatically) not even once since the TF was installed, but I activate it manually about once a month.

In total, with two electric pumps, Peregrinus has 58 litres per minute electric bilge capacity.  You should know I have purposefully run both while furiously pumping manually: there was no lock on the water exhaust and the bilge emptied out very, very quickly!

Cheers,


Peregrinus
SM2K #350
At anchor, Golfo Pevero (Porto Cervo)


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Mark Pitt
 

I have the Jabsco 50890-1100 waste pump as a spare.  It is 24v, self priming to 3m, and pumps 19 lpm.  I have not tried it yet.  It is available in the US and Europe.


  Mark Pitt, Sabbatical III, ASM #419, Carloforte, Italy


On 8/20/2016 1:07 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Here are two options for replacement pumps:

 

http://www.reya.com/prod_-POMPE-MARINA-ZZ-24V-1800L-H_Pompes-a-membranes-REYA_000178219832156_206136.html

 

http://www.vetus-shop.com/waste-waterbilge-pump-24-volt-hose-conn-38mm-p-2387.html

 

 

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff

 

www.creampuff.us

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:26 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

Thank you Mark,

Does anyone know a suitable bilge pump to carry as a spare, can't find the AMFA any longer, It's rather essential part hence like to have a spare

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 currently in Gibraltar



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Mark Erdos
 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 3:26 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

Thank you Mark,

Does anyone know a suitable bilge pump to carry as a spare, can't find the AMFA any longer, It's rather essential part hence like to have a spare

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 currently in Gibraltar


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where

James Wendell <ms42phantom54@...>
 

Alexandre, the blue wire goes to the neutral connection. The brown wire goes to the hot, and the green/yellow goes to ground.

I am confused where you indicate that you have US Red or Black going to Blue. Are you sure? In the US the white wire should be your neutral.

Jamie
 
s/v Phantom Amel 54 #044


On Friday, August 19, 2016 12:33 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:


 
I have 2 shore powers.

The 220 Volt (like every body) and the (optional) 110 Volt going to the (optional) 110 to 220 Volt transformer.

The 220 Volt has 3 wires: Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green
Which are connected to my 50 Amp 125/250 Volt the following way:
US Black (110 Volt) goes to Brown
US Red or Black (110 Volt) goes to Blue
US Green (Ground) goes to Yellow/green
US White is not connected.

All good until there.

Please forgive my ignorance in advance for the coming question:

The110 Volt shore power has 3 wires:
Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green.

I plan on purchasing a 30 Amp 125 Volt socket which has:
Neutral, Hot and Ground

Which cables goes where…
Here is a picture:
http://nikimat.com/shore_power_plug_125_volt.html

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Mark Erdos
 

Peregrinus

 

You are correct.  I looked again. I must have messed something up in the Google translation.

 

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Skipper

Sailing Yacht: Cream Puff

 

www.creampuff.us

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:18 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

I was under the impression the original model bilge pump is rated for 30 litres/minute (7.9 gal/minute).

 

The "lifting head" should be 10 metres and "self priming" should be 2.5 metres.

 

Cheerio,

 

 

Peregrinus

SM2K No. 350

At anchor, Golfo Pevero (Porto Cervo) – Costa Smeralda

 



---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

 

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

 

 

 

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Tampa Bay for hurricane season

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:26 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Paul Osterberg
 

Thank you Mark,
Does anyone know a suitable bilge pump to carry as a spare, can't find the AMFA any longer, It's rather essential part hence like to have a spare
Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259 currently in Gibraltar


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 

I was under the impression the original model bilge pump is rated for 30 litres/minute (7.9 gal/minute).

The "lifting head" should be 10 metres and "self priming" should be 2.5 metres.

Cheerio,


Peregrinus
SM2K No. 350
At anchor, Golfo Pevero (Porto Cervo) – Costa Smeralda



---In amelyachtowners@..., <mcerdos@...> wrote :

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

 

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

 

 

 

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Tampa Bay for hurricane season

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:26 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Mark Erdos
 

The electric pump is rated 30 GMP (115 Liters/minute) at a height of 2.5 meters.

 

Sorry, I do not know the rating of the manual pump – I guess it depends on how fast you can move the lever J

 

 

 

 

With best regards,

 

Mark

 

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising:  Tampa Bay for hurricane season

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:26 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

 

 

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259


Capacity AMFA Bilge Pump???

Paul Osterberg
 

Hello!

Does anyone know the capacity of the AMFA Bilge pump, and the manual bilge pump? One of the insurance companies that we got a quote from , demand combined capacity of minimum 95 l/min. Most pumps capacities are usually rated at no lifting height at all, have not measured the total lifting height yet , but guess more close to 1.5- 2 meter which has a substantial impact on capacity.

Paul on S/Y Kerpa SM#259


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

amelforme
 

Pat, tell me the boats previous name and owner if you have it. I keep track of boats, and not always by hull # because sometimes I am not on the boat and only discussing them with the owner on the phone, that have been modified and particularly of ones I rejected for resale because they were too screwed up one way or another, usually electrically or structurally. You can use my personal email if you like I am all but sure your boat is not in that batch but let’s make sure.

 

Do you have B&G instruments? I will go to a 200 hull series boat tomorrow/Saturday to check a few things out before responding. I think the breakers in the hanging locker enable the power supply to the main part of the electronics. The autopilot breaker at the main 24 volt panel just ‘energizes/supplies information’ to the instruments, I think. With the two breakers next to the nav station on and the silver two position toggle switch ‘on’, does the MFD/digital read out for the B&G at the nav station come on? I will check tomorrow to be sure on two different boats that I have and let you know latest Sunday.

 

Let me know about the name.

 

Joel

 

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 2:11 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 

 

Joel, First off, I do have the two breakers in the wet locker , however while those breakers are usually on , I still turned the instruments on by pushing in the breaker on the 24v panel , I think the one with the wheel for the autopilot. I am beginning to think that someone had wired it differently than what was original. My confusion now is ,that if the breaker and autopilot is 24v , than how could you run the instruments off the  same breaker , unless you can run instrument on 24v. ? I think I will have it configured the way I understand it is on the rest of the fleet.  From transformer 24 to 12 to a switch then on to the instruments. If this is not correct ,please let me know , otherwise thanks to all.

Pat SM#123

 



-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Potter jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 8:57 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 

Pat, what was the name of your boat when you bought it?' Do you know it's original owner? You have a first 1/4 of the total production boat. They, for certain, had the switches in the hanging locker ( not a wet locker. No drain! ) just aft of the nav station. Your boat probably had just two breakers in accordance with what has been said before unless you had a lot of extra electronics. Someone close to an early unmodified SM 53 please take a picture of the mounting, outside in the hanging locker and inside the nav station area of these breakers and attendant wiring for Pat, please.

If you have/had B&G instruments like 99% of these earlier boats, you also might have a small bright chrome two position toggle switch on the panel near the B&G digital MFD repeated at the nav desk to turn the B&G or other sailing instruments on and off. 

Pat, I would take some photos for you but the biggest boat I'll be on until Saturday is my Laser. Just lucky I guess.

Good luck. Keep trying to stay true to how it was for all the primary wiring/breakers. You'll be happy with the result.

Have fun with your Amel.

 

Joel

Joel F. Potter

THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY

954-812-2485


On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Perhaps my boat was wired differently , but I know that I have always been able to power up the instruments by pushing in one of the breakers , just can't remember which one . The wiring has been removed and new instruments are ready to be installed and wanted to insure it was wired as before. But now it seems it may not have been wired as other SMs.

Thanks,

Pat SM #123

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 

Good morning Pat,

The joy stick breakers (diruptor) command the winches, outhaul, genoa fuller, windlass, bow thruster.
The wheel is your “auto pilot”.
For the B&G boat speed, depth meter, wind speed, etc. the diruptor/breaker is located in the hanging closet near the nav station.
It is near the hull, on the forward side of the closet.
Depending on your vessel and option you will see 2 or 3.
1 is the optional Satellite phone, 1 is the SSB (called BLU) and the last one, closest to you is the instruments.

If you do not have the owner manual, I strongly suggest you download the following:
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_manual.pdf
On the first one, picture 114 on page 102 will show you what you are looking for.

Similar, but different, you should also download.
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Users_Guide_CP.pdf
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Optional_equipment.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 8/19/16, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, August 19, 2016, 6:24 AM


 









Could someone tell me , on a SM
, which breaker controls the instruments ? The one with a
joy stick or the wheel.Thanks, Pat
SM#123










#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678 --
#yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc #yiv8013705678hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc .yiv8013705678ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span
.yiv8013705678underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p
span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678file-title a, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:active, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:hover, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:active,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:hover,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div#yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv8013705678 input, #yiv8013705678 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv8013705678
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg #yiv8013705678logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg
p#yiv8013705678attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco
#yiv8013705678reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv8013705678


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

Patrick McAneny
 

Joel, First off, I do have the two breakers in the wet locker , however while those breakers are usually on , I still turned the instruments on by pushing in the breaker on the 24v panel , I think the one with the wheel for the autopilot. I am beginning to think that someone had wired it differently than what was original. My confusion now is ,that if the breaker and autopilot is 24v , than how could you run the instruments off the  same breaker , unless you can run instrument on 24v. ? I think I will have it configured the way I understand it is on the rest of the fleet.  From transformer 24 to 12 to a switch then on to the instruments. If this is not correct ,please let me know , otherwise thanks to all.
Pat SM#123




-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Potter jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners] To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 8:57 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 
Pat, what was the name of your boat when you bought it?' Do you know it's original owner? You have a first 1/4 of the total production boat. They, for certain, had the switches in the hanging locker ( not a wet locker. No drain! ) just aft of the nav station. Your boat probably had just two breakers in accordance with what has been said before unless you had a lot of extra electronics. Someone close to an early unmodified SM 53 please take a picture of the mounting, outside in the hanging locker and inside the nav station area of these breakers and attendant wiring for Pat, please.
If you have/had B&G instruments like 99% of these earlier boats, you also might have a small bright chrome two position toggle switch on the panel near the B&G digital MFD repeated at the nav desk to turn the B&G or other sailing instruments on and off. 
Pat, I would take some photos for you but the biggest boat I'll be on until Saturday is my Laser. Just lucky I guess.
Good luck. Keep trying to stay true to how it was for all the primary wiring/breakers. You'll be happy with the result.
Have fun with your Amel.

Joel

Joel F. Potter
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
954-812-2485

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 
Perhaps my boat was wired differently , but I know that I have always been able to power up the instruments by pushing in one of the breakers , just can't remember which one . The wiring has been removed and new instruments are ready to be installed and wanted to insure it was wired as before. But now it seems it may not have been wired as other SMs.
Thanks,
Pat SM #123


-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 
Good morning Pat,

The joy stick breakers (diruptor) command the winches, outhaul, genoa fuller, windlass, bow thruster.
The wheel is your “auto pilot”.
For the B&G boat speed, depth meter, wind speed, etc. the diruptor/breaker is located in the hanging closet near the nav station.
It is near the hull, on the forward side of the closet.
Depending on your vessel and option you will see 2 or 3.
1 is the optional Satellite phone, 1 is the SSB (called BLU) and the last one, closest to you is the instruments.

If you do not have the owner manual, I strongly suggest you download the following:
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_manual.pdf
On the first one, picture 114 on page 102 will show you what you are looking for.

Similar, but different, you should also download.
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Users_Guide_CP.pdf
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Optional_equipment.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 8/19/16, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, August 19, 2016, 6:24 AM


 









Could someone tell me , on a SM
, which breaker controls the instruments ? The one with a
joy stick or the wheel.Thanks, Pat
SM#123










#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678 --
#yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc #yiv8013705678hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc .yiv8013705678ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span
.yiv8013705678underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p
span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678file-title a, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:active, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:hover, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:active,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:hover,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div#yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv8013705678 input, #yiv8013705678 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv8013705678
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg #yiv8013705678logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg
p#yiv8013705678attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco
#yiv8013705678reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv8013705678


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

Stephen Davis
 

Our boat is hull #72, and is also wired the same as Ben and Bill have described on there SM 2000s. 

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Grenada 

On Aug 19, 2016, at 10:13, Ben Driver/YAHOO joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

I too - hull #347 - have Insturment breakers that supply permanent 24v to 12v Sailor converters. One for instruments and one for SSB only. Both in wet locker in location Bill describes below. I also have same toggle switch at nav station which turns B&G instruments on/off.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347


> On Aug 19, 2016, at 7:45 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
>
> Pat,
>
> You probably either know most of this, but...
>
> Super Maramus changed over the years. SM 387 has an instrument breaker in
> the wet locker...facing it, in the upper left corner. When on, the
> Permanent 24VDC to 12VDC SAILOR converters are energized as long as the
> ON/OFF toggle switch is ON...this is located on the con


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Instruments breaker

karkauai
 

Hi Pat,
On Kristy#243, the breakers in the hanging locker are 24V, they power the 24-12vDC transformers in the aft cabinet under the Nav table that power the (1) Nav instruments-inboard (2) SSB-middle (3) stereo amplifier-outboard
I feel for you, bro', that's ol' Payne Diaz at work!
Kent


On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:04 AM, peacock@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

One more thing Pat: remember, the instrument breaker in the wet closet is 12V, not 24V. Most instruments are still 12V, although some newer ones are also 24.

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240


[Amel Yacht Owners] Optional 110 Volt shore power, which wire goes where

Alexandre Uster von Baar
 

I have 2 shore powers.

The 220 Volt (like every body) and the (optional) 110 Volt going to the (optional) 110 to 220 Volt transformer.

The 220 Volt has 3 wires: Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green
Which are connected to my 50 Amp 125/250 Volt the following way:
US Black (110 Volt) goes to Brown
US Red or Black (110 Volt) goes to Blue
US Green (Ground) goes to Yellow/green
US White is not connected.

All good until there.

Please forgive my ignorance in advance for the coming question:

The110 Volt shore power has 3 wires:
Brown, Blue and Yellow/Green.

I plan on purchasing a 30 Amp 125 Volt socket which has:
Neutral, Hot and Ground

Which cables goes where…
Here is a picture:
http://nikimat.com/shore_power_plug_125_volt.html

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347
 

I too - hull #347 - have Insturment breakers that supply permanent 24v to 12v Sailor converters. One for instruments and one for SSB only. Both in wet locker in location Bill describes below. I also have same toggle switch at nav station which turns B&G instruments on/off.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On Aug 19, 2016, at 7:45 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@svbebe.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Pat,

You probably either know most of this, but...

Super Maramus changed over the years. SM 387 has an instrument breaker in
the wet locker...facing it, in the upper left corner. When on, the
Permanent 24VDC to 12VDC SAILOR converters are energized as long as the
ON/OFF toggle switch is ON...this is located on the con


Re: Instruments breaker

svperegrinus@yahoo.com
 


Tom,

Yes, the instruments breaker (labeled "NAV" on hull no. 350) is a 24V breaker.  As an Amel may have one or more 12V instruments, the 24V breaker _also_ powers up a couple of automatic switches or gates that, when energised with 24V, allow the connected 12V DC-DC converter to simultaneously power up the 12V stuff.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K #350


---In amelyachtowners@..., <peacock@...> wrote :

One more thing Pat: remember, the instrument breaker in the wet closet is 12V, not 24V. Most instruments are still 12V, although some newer ones are also 24.
Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240


Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
 

Pat,

You probably either know most of this, but...

Super Maramus changed over the years. SM 387 has an instrument breaker in the wet locker...facing it, in the upper left corner. When on, the Permanent 24VDC to 12VDC SAILOR converters are energized as long as the ON/OFF toggle switch is ON...this is located on the converter located nearest the nav station underside left-side door. The B&G instruments are turned ON with a toggle switch next to the B&G FFD.

I feel certain that there are some differences on your boat, but maybe with the above information, you can figure it out.

Bill
BeBe

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 7:20 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
 

Perhaps my boat was wired differently , but I know that I have always been able to power up the instruments by pushing in one of the breakers , just can't remember which one . The wiring has been removed and new instruments are ready to be installed and wanted to insure it was wired as before. But now it seems it may not have been wired as other SMs.
Thanks,
Pat SM #123


-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 
Good morning Pat,

The joy stick breakers (diruptor) command the winches, outhaul, genoa fuller, windlass, bow thruster.
The wheel is your “auto pilot”.
For the B&G boat speed, depth meter, wind speed, etc. the diruptor/breaker is located in the hanging closet near the nav station.
It is near the hull, on the forward side of the closet.
Depending on your vessel and option you will see 2 or 3.
1 is the optional Satellite phone, 1 is the SSB (called BLU) and the last one, closest to you is the instruments.

If you do not have the owner manual, I strongly suggest you download the following:
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_manual.pdf
On the first one, picture 114 on page 102 will show you what you are looking for.

Similar, but different, you should also download.
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Users_Guide_CP.pdf
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Optional_equipment.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 8/19/16, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, August 19, 2016, 6:24 AM


 









Could someone tell me , on a SM
, which breaker controls the instruments ? The one with a
joy stick or the wheel.Thanks, Pat
SM#123










#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678 --
#yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc #yiv8013705678hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc .yiv8013705678ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span
.yiv8013705678underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p
span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678file-title a, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:active, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:hover, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:active,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:hover,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div#yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv8013705678 input, #yiv8013705678 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv8013705678
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg #yiv8013705678logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg
p#yiv8013705678attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco
#yiv8013705678reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv8013705678



Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

amelforme
 

Pat, what was the name of your boat when you bought it?' Do you know it's original owner? You have a first 1/4 of the total production boat. They, for certain, had the switches in the hanging locker ( not a wet locker. No drain! ) just aft of the nav station. Your boat probably had just two breakers in accordance with what has been said before unless you had a lot of extra electronics. Someone close to an early unmodified SM 53 please take a picture of the mounting, outside in the hanging locker and inside the nav station area of these breakers and attendant wiring for Pat, please.
If you have/had B&G instruments like 99% of these earlier boats, you also might have a small bright chrome two position toggle switch on the panel near the B&G digital MFD repeated at the nav desk to turn the B&G or other sailing instruments on and off. 
Pat, I would take some photos for you but the biggest boat I'll be on until Saturday is my Laser. Just lucky I guess.
Good luck. Keep trying to stay true to how it was for all the primary wiring/breakers. You'll be happy with the result.
Have fun with your Amel.

Joel

Joel F. Potter
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
954-812-2485

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 

Perhaps my boat was wired differently , but I know that I have always been able to power up the instruments by pushing in one of the breakers , just can't remember which one . The wiring has been removed and new instruments are ready to be installed and wanted to insure it was wired as before. But now it seems it may not have been wired as other SMs.
Thanks,
Pat SM #123


-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 7:50 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker

 
Good morning Pat,

The joy stick breakers (diruptor) command the winches, outhaul, genoa fuller, windlass, bow thruster.
The wheel is your “auto pilot”.
For the B&G boat speed, depth meter, wind speed, etc. the diruptor/breaker is located in the hanging closet near the nav station.
It is near the hull, on the forward side of the closet.
Depending on your vessel and option you will see 2 or 3.
1 is the optional Satellite phone, 1 is the SSB (called BLU) and the last one, closest to you is the instruments.

If you do not have the owner manual, I strongly suggest you download the following:
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_manual.pdf
On the first one, picture 114 on page 102 will show you what you are looking for.

Similar, but different, you should also download.
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Users_Guide_CP.pdf
http://nikimat.com/amel_super_maramu_2000_Optional_equipment.pdf

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 8/19/16, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruments breaker
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, August 19, 2016, 6:24 AM


 









Could someone tell me , on a SM
, which breaker controls the instruments ? The one with a
joy stick or the wheel.Thanks, Pat
SM#123










#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678 --
#yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp #yiv8013705678ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mkp .yiv8013705678ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc #yiv8013705678hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor
#yiv8013705678ygrp-lc .yiv8013705678ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678activity span
.yiv8013705678underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 dd.yiv8013705678last p
span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678file-title a, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:active, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:hover, #yiv8013705678
div.yiv8013705678file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:active,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:hover,
#yiv8013705678 div.yiv8013705678photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 div#yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a span.yiv8013705678yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv8013705678 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv8013705678 .yiv8013705678replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv8013705678 input, #yiv8013705678 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv8013705678
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-mlmsg #yiv8013705678logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-msg
p#yiv8013705678attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco
#yiv8013705678reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-sponsor #yiv8013705678ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv8013705678 #yiv8013705678ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv8013705678