Date   

Re: [Amel] 90-260 volt 50-60 cycle chargers

William Klein <sidecar1@...>
 

I beleive that you will find Xantrex makes chargers that do the same and they are available at West Marine. I put one in my Maramu and it worked fine. It could be programmed for multiple banks of different battery types and was available in 30A or 50A models.-- Bill Klein

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Piller
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel] 90-260 volt 50-60 cycle chargers





The multi volt/cycle chargers are sold in the US by Dolphin in FL. They are sold in France by Reya. When we are now in NH when we get back to the boat in a week or so we'll post the exact addresses.
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 4:08 AM

HI,

How can I get, a REY charger?

Iv Pepe SM,223

--- El mié, 13/5/09, Richard Piller <richard03801@ yahoo.com> escribió:

De: Richard Piller <richard03801@ yahoo.com>

Asunto: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 11:38

We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor. It works well there and is protected by the motor.

Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com> wrote:

From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com>

Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM

I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be appreciated.

Craig Scott

LONE STAR

Amel 54 #101

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]













[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@...>
 

Hi,
Sorry,west and budget marine have only T traweler. You will vind full produkt of GOIOT in NAVIMO USA (open web page) tel ( toll free) 866 383 1888 ,I hope its halp you.
Iv Pepe SM 223
--- El jue, 14/5/09, Dave Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com> escribió:


De: Dave Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: jueves, 14 mayo, 2009 3:27








I just checked West Marine. Do you have any WM part numbers. Nothing in their catalog that remotely looks like it will fit Goiot "Y-track". This is for traveler track, not genoa fairlead.

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo. com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 1:00 AM

Hi,

All parts from GOJOT France you can find in West Marine,traweler car stopers.

Iv Pepe SM 223

--- El mié, 13/5/09, Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com> escribió:

De: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com>

Asunto: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 6:16

I am ordering a traveler car from France for delivery here in the US. If anyone else wants to replace a car, end stops, etc. let me know. We can split shipping. I can email you diagrams of the cars and tracks. Plan to order in the next day or two.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

If you can find a Goiot catalog in your local West Marine store good luck...
We got ours when we had our Maramu from I guy in MA that I don't think is still in business.  Best is to get it from Amel.  Goiot is very very hard to get anything from here in the US.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Dave Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Dave Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 3:27 PM

















I just checked West Marine. Do you have any WM part numbers. Nothing in their catalog that remotely looks like it will fit Goiot "Y-track". This is for traveler track, not genoa fairlead.



--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo. com> wrote:



From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo. com>

Subject: Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 1:00 AM



Hi,



All parts from GOJOT France you can find in West Marine,traweler car stopers.



Iv Pepe SM 223



--- El mié, 13/5/09, Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com> escribió:



De: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com>



Asunto: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?



Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com



Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 6:16



I am ordering a traveler car from France for delivery here in the US. If anyone else wants to replace a car, end stops, etc. let me know. We can split shipping. I can email you diagrams of the cars and tracks. Plan to order in the next day or two.



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

I will send a photo when we get back to the boat in a week or so.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Uhlir János <ujanos@t-online.hu> wrote:

From: Uhlir János <ujanos@t-online.hu>
Subject: RE: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 2:07 AM

Hi

Can we have a picture ?

Intresting !



J



  _____ 

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Piller
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:39 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation








We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor.  It works well
there and is protected by the motor.
Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@
<mailto:sv.lonestar%40gmail.com> gmail.com> wrote:

From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ <mailto:sv.lonestar%40gmail.com>
gmail.com>
Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM

I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna
installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the
mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be
appreciated.

Craig Scott

LONE STAR

Amel 54 #101















A bejövõ levélben az AVG nem talált vírust
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.325 / Virus Database: 270.12.27/2112 - Release Date: 05/13/09
07:04:00








------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links








[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] 90-260 volt 50-60 cycle chargers

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

The multi volt/cycle chargers are sold in the US by Dolphin in FL. They are sold in France by Reya.  When we are now in NH when we get back to the boat in a week or so we'll post the exact addresses.
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 4:08 AM

















HI,

How can I get, a REY charger?

Iv Pepe SM,223

--- El mié, 13/5/09, Richard Piller <richard03801@ yahoo.com> escribió:



De: Richard Piller <richard03801@ yahoo.com>

Asunto: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 11:38



We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor.  It works well there and is protected by the motor.

Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209



--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com> wrote:



From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com>

Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM



I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be appreciated.



Craig Scott



LONE STAR



Amel 54 #101



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Amel Super Maramu Hull # 317 Papa - Papa II - Lady Divina

Dave_Benjamin
 

The brokerage that has her listed is reputable. I'm sure they are not trying to hide the damage history. There is no obligation for them to post it in the listing as long as it gets disclosed to potential buyers who inquire.

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, assistanttoblackdog <assistanttoblackdog@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: assistanttoblackdog <assistanttoblackdog@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] Amel Super Maramu Hull # 317 Papa - Papa II - Lady Divina
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 12:48 PM

















I noticed that Amel Super Maramu hull # 317 Papa II is listed for sale on yachtworld dot com, lying in Seattle.



I didn't see any history of multiple severe damage incidents mentioned in the broker's listing, thus I felt it my duty to post this.



It is my understanding that some of the history of Amel Super Maramu 2000 hull # 317 is as follows:



The boat was previously known as Lady Divina. She boat was blown off of her stands while on the hard in Venezuela by hurricane Ivan in 2004. A hole was punched completely through the hull and the nav station area and bulkhead underwent extensive repairs.



The boat was then put up for sale and after a long time on the market she was purchased by a new owner at a substantial discount.



On July 6, 2007 while in British Columbia, Canada the new owner ran her into the rocks under full power at 8 knots causing the keel to be completely ripped off, separated from the hull and lost.



In post #'s 2998 and 2999 on this Yahoo group the owner wrote:



"Well the bow thruster prop repair is way down on the list today.

Yesterday PAPA struck a rock HARD at 8 knots in Canada and LOST HER

KEEL. She floated free after it got ripped off in about 10 minutes

of twisting and rolling with the surging currents. I was able to

motor slowly away to deeper water and dive over to see the keel was

GONE. At high RPM's there was severe vibrations so I took the FREE

(CANADA COAST GUARD IS AWESOME) tow to Port Hardy, BC where I will be

spending some time exploring the construction of the AMELS...



Once out of the water you can see all the stainless keel bolts were

cut clean off. The transmission housing is sagging down 4 inches

(but the prop turns fine and was able to motor slowly into the

haulout slip.) There is fresh water leaking out from the bottom of

what is left of the keel, so I will be drinking large quanities of

good Canadian Beer.



If anyone has any experience with reattaching a keel, water tank

repair or transmission issues, I am all ears."



And finally, two months later while awaiting repairs the owner was killed on October 18, 2007 in a tragic kite surfing accident in Seattle. ( www dot sailpapa dot com )



If anyone believes any of this information is in error please notify me and I will immediately post a correction.



Just thought you might want to know – I would if I were in the market.



Best,



Jim

former SM & future Amel owner




























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Amel Super Maramu Hull # 317 Papa - Papa II - Lady Divina

assistanttoblackdog <assistanttoblackdog@...>
 

I noticed that Amel Super Maramu hull # 317 Papa II is listed for sale on yachtworld dot com, lying in Seattle.

I didn't see any history of multiple severe damage incidents mentioned in the broker's listing, thus I felt it my duty to post this.

It is my understanding that some of the history of Amel Super Maramu 2000 hull # 317 is as follows:

The boat was previously known as Lady Divina. She boat was blown off of her stands while on the hard in Venezuela by hurricane Ivan in 2004. A hole was punched completely through the hull and the nav station area and bulkhead underwent extensive repairs.

The boat was then put up for sale and after a long time on the market she was purchased by a new owner at a substantial discount.

On July 6, 2007 while in British Columbia, Canada the new owner ran her into the rocks under full power at 8 knots causing the keel to be completely ripped off, separated from the hull and lost.

In post #'s 2998 and 2999 on this Yahoo group the owner wrote:

"Well the bow thruster prop repair is way down on the list today.
Yesterday PAPA struck a rock HARD at 8 knots in Canada and LOST HER
KEEL. She floated free after it got ripped off in about 10 minutes
of twisting and rolling with the surging currents. I was able to
motor slowly away to deeper water and dive over to see the keel was
GONE. At high RPM's there was severe vibrations so I took the FREE
(CANADA COAST GUARD IS AWESOME) tow to Port Hardy, BC where I will be
spending some time exploring the construction of the AMELS...

Once out of the water you can see all the stainless keel bolts were
cut clean off. The transmission housing is sagging down 4 inches
(but the prop turns fine and was able to motor slowly into the
haulout slip.) There is fresh water leaking out from the bottom of
what is left of the keel, so I will be drinking large quanities of
good Canadian Beer.

If anyone has any experience with reattaching a keel, water tank
repair or transmission issues, I am all ears."


And finally, two months later while awaiting repairs the owner was killed on October 18, 2007 in a tragic kite surfing accident in Seattle. ( www dot sailpapa dot com )

If anyone believes any of this information is in error please notify me and I will immediately post a correction.

Just thought you might want to know – I would if I were in the market.

Best,

Jim
former SM & future Amel owner


Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Dave_Benjamin
 

I just checked West Marine. Do you have any WM part numbers. Nothing in their catalog that remotely looks like it will fit Goiot "Y-track". This is for traveler track, not genoa fairlead.

--- On Thu, 5/14/09, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 1:00 AM

















Hi,

All parts from GOJOT France you can find in West Marine,traweler car stopers.

Iv Pepe SM 223



--- El mié, 13/5/09, Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com> escribió:



De: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@ yahoo.com>

Asunto: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Para: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com

Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 6:16



I am ordering a traveler car from France for delivery here in the US. If anyone else wants to replace a car, end stops, etc. let me know. We can split shipping. I can email you diagrams of the cars and tracks. Plan to order in the next day or two.
































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap

jlmertz@free.fr <jlmertz@...>
 

Or less (390 ) for a new one in Canada shipping cost included ..... :-)
jlm
CottonBay
------------------------------------------------------------------------



HI to All,
If you have a VOLVO TAMD 22-P-B, this is Perkins Prima engin,105 hp,instalet an Rover cars model 220-420-620 SDI from 1995-to 2003, engine typ TCI-E, turbo GARET - GT1549S avelible from turboalta.com The engin can be found in a scrap yard for abb.500 euro

Iv-Pepe SM 223--- El mi, 13/5/09, Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com <mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>> escribi:

De: Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com <mailto:richard03801%40yahoo.com>>
Asunto: Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
Fecha: mircoles, 13 mayo, 2009 11:24

Don, that cooper strip goes to the SSB turner in the aft locker then to the bronze plate on the keel.
good luck.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Fri, 4/24/09, Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo. com>
Subject: [Amel] ssb ground strap
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 2:52 PM

Our Maramu has a 70mm x 1.5mm copper ssb grounding strap exiting the hull at the stern in the aft locker facing the cabin. Does anyone know where the strap goes, and to what is it connected?

thanks

Don and Pam

s/v MINERVA




Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap

Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@...>
 

HI to All,
If you have a VOLVO TAMD 22-P-B, this is Perkins Prima engin,105 hp,instalet an Rover  cars model 220-420-620 SDI from 1995-to 2003, engine typ TCI-E, turbo GARET - GT1549S avelible from turboalta.com The engin can be found in a scrap yard for abb.500 euro

Iv-Pepe SM 223--- El mié, 13/5/09, Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com> escribió:


De: Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 11:24








Don, that cooper strip goes to the SSB turner in the aft locker then to the bronze plate on the keel.
good luck.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Fri, 4/24/09, Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo. com> wrote:

From: Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo. com>
Subject: [Amel] ssb ground strap
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 2:52 PM

Our Maramu has a 70mm x 1.5mm copper ssb grounding strap exiting the hull at the stern in the aft locker facing the cabin. Does anyone know where the strap goes, and to what is it connected?

thanks

Don and Pam

s/v MINERVA


Anyone with a SHARKI in the UK?

GrahamJohnston42 <grahamjohnston42@yahoo.com>
 

We looking for a SHarki but have not been on board one for a couple of years and would like to talk to any owners in the UK and if possible see aboard again to refreshh our memories before we start to travel across the EU.

Regards
Graham


Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@...>
 

HI,
How can I get, a REY charger?
Iv Pepe SM,223
--- El mié, 13/5/09, Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com> escribió:


De: Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com>
Asunto: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 11:38








We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor.  It works well there and is protected by the motor.
Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com> wrote:

From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ gmail.com>
Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM

I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be appreciated.

Craig Scott

LONE STAR

Amel 54 #101































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@...>
 

Hi,
All parts from GOJOT France you can find in West Marine,traweler car stopers.
Iv Pepe SM 223

--- El mié, 13/5/09, Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com> escribió:


De: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com>
Asunto: [Amel] Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?
Para: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Fecha: miércoles, 13 mayo, 2009 6:16








I am ordering a traveler car from France for delivery here in the US. If anyone else wants to replace a car, end stops, etc. let me know. We can split shipping. I can email you diagrams of the cars and tracks. Plan to order in the next day or two.



















[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Uhlir János <ujanos@...>
 

Hi

Can we have a picture ?

Intresting !



J



_____

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Piller
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:39 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation








We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor. It works well
there and is protected by the motor.
Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@
<mailto:sv.lonestar%40gmail.com> gmail.com> wrote:

From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@ <mailto:sv.lonestar%40gmail.com>
gmail.com>
Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM

I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna
installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the
mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be
appreciated.

Craig Scott

LONE STAR

Amel 54 #101











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



A bejv levlben az AVG nem tallt vrust
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.325 / Virus Database: 270.12.27/2112 - Release Date: 05/13/09
07:04:00




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Anyone need traveler car for Maramu with Goiot 164 track?

Dave_Benjamin
 

I am ordering a traveler car from France for delivery here in the US. If anyone else wants to replace a car, end stops, etc. let me know. We can split shipping. I can email you diagrams of the cars and tracks. Plan to order in the next day or two.


Re: [Amel] Re: Vertical Batons

Anne and John Hollamby <annejohnholl@...>
 

Hello,
Look in the seach box going back several years for previous inputs. Setting aside the efficiency of bigger battens the ordinary unbattened sail looks awful and as can be seen in my earlier posting on my last boat adding one or two small verticals (long time ago,I cnnot recall) made it possible to add &% sail area to the main and it no longer had the horrible negative roach and also set very well.
It has always surprised me that sailmakers are so reluctant to make this sort of sail. Perhaps they are cheaper and less expensive than more complex solutions. Mine was made by Mike Relling of North Sails and latterly Relling sails and he made it in another loft in Auckland.
I have yet to get a new main for my boat but when I do ir will certainly not have a negative roach.
I do wish people would add their model type and no to their messages.

Regards, Anneand John, SM319

----- Original Message -----
From: Craig & Katherine
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:17 PM
Subject: [Amel] Re: Vertical Batons





Just to balance this thread, I recently helped Kent Robertson sail "Kristy", his new-to-him SM#243, from Galveston to Key West. (You may recall his postings back in March & April). He had just installed new sails with vertical battens in the main.

Kent may want to weigh in here, too, but IMHO, the vertical battens were great. They furled flawlessly in heavy and light air and the sail was always beautifully shaped. No way to know definitively about added speed, but to an old racing skipper's eye they were the cat's meow.

Certainly the point about potential furling problems is prefectly valid and a very conservative approach may argue against them - a few tenths of a knot, perhaps, vs. a higher comfort level, but, hey, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla - take your pick!

Cheers,
Craig Briggs - Santorin #68 "Sangaris" in Siracusa, Sicily


Re: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

We mounted ours on the aft rail next to the outboard motor.  It works well there and is protected by the motor.
Richard and Joan on Challenge in Annapolis SM 209

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@gmail.com> wrote:

From: sv_seabbatical <sv.lonestar@gmail.com>
Subject: [Amel] Iridium Sat Phone Antenna Installation
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 1:30 PM












I have an Iridium Sat Phone and want to know what kind of antenna installations have been done on Amel 54's. Are they all on the top of the mizzen? Has anyone mounted one on the dodger? All comments will be appreciated.



Craig Scott

LONE STAR

Amel 54 #101


Re: [Amel] Re: Fw: Alternator smart charger

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

We installed a Rey charger that accepts 90-260 volts and out puts 24 volts.  It is a smart charger that manages the battery bank.  And is a great solution to being in different countries/marinas that have different voltages.
  We also installed an inverter running off the 24 volt bank for 110 volts and did away wiht the Amel supplied coil inverter in the engine room..
Hope this is not to late.
Good luck
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- On Fri, 4/17/09, Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@motorola.com> wrote:

From: Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@motorola.com>
Subject: [Amel] Re: Fw: Alternator smart charger
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 17, 2009, 5:14 AM

















Hi,



Most of these need to bypass the internal regulator, so if your alternator does not have an external connection (someones have), then you need to rework the alternator to have it. Talking to a experienced installer, the best seems to be ADVERC Mk.IVa (189 pounds), and also very robust as you can install it in the engine room. I have bad feedback (from same installer) about the Sterling Universal Advanced Digital Alternator Regulator AR12VD model (79 pounds) that works the same way because of overheating failures. There is a Sterling Pro Digital Advanced Regulator (125 punds) that incorporates a fan, but I would not put it in the engine room either.



However, Sterling has a unit AB1290 (219 pounds) that does not need to bypass the internal regulator and that looks very interesting (at least to me), because it also works as a battery bank charge splitter. It is easier to install and to remove. I need to decide.



Check here for more options and links to manufacturers, this a english shop that has good pricing. http://www.jgtech. com/alternators. htm



Regards

Jose Luis

Jose_Luis



--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@... > wrote:

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Iv Pepe <iv_pepe@... >
To: amelyachtowners@ ...
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2009 9:57:04 AM
Subject: Alternator smart charger
Hallo Everyone,
Pls, your opinion abb. alternator smart charger Xantrex, Sterling ,Adverc,  Beter charging  or dameging
atteries?  Acc. Adverc opinion ,the ratio Altern.--Batter. is 1 to 3 ?
Thank you,
Pepe SM 223






























[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

Don, that cooper strip goes to the SSB turner in the aft locker then to the bronze plate on the keel.
good luck.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Fri, 4/24/09, Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] ssb ground strap
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 2:52 PM



















Our Maramu has a 70mm x 1.5mm copper ssb grounding strap exiting the hull at the stern in the aft locker facing the cabin. Does anyone know where the strap goes, and to what is it connected?

thanks

Don and Pam

s/v MINERVA































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


Re: [Amel] ssb ground strap

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>
 

Don, that cooper strip goes to the SSB turner in the aft locker then to the bronze plate on the keel.
good luck.
Richard and Joan on SM 209

--- On Fri, 4/24/09, Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Don Henderson <maramu48@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel] ssb ground strap
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, April 24, 2009, 2:52 PM



















Our Maramu has a 70mm x 1.5mm copper ssb grounding strap exiting the hull at the stern in the aft locker facing the cabin. Does anyone know where the strap goes, and to what is it connected?

thanks

Don and Pam

s/v MINERVA































[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]