1980 Amel Mango 53 Foot Ketch for sale

Eric Meury

hello amel group,  I'm helping a current amel owner sell their Amel.  - even though i don't own an Amel anymore they will always have a place in my heart.  

you can see the full pictures of the vessel on this link (i don't want to flood everyones email with these) but the drivelink is open.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gwRpiQsD9RwniKv2qXhHe9PnIC-jLFex?fbclid=IwAR0-lC46lCz7_hQNhBErV2ji7YCfIoc0Ch30_m--BK9lhp0OxoKf8pOxPXE

full specs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rWSMtLFEBh2sGHvw_WXx1bmMl4t52YNn/view?fbclid=IwAR3VwxS5QTCCR3sGKe1ucmjJ7Gzs5arnDZ37K6AE5CIU07YIkCrtlFe-9io

here is a write up that I completed for adds on FB.

1980 Amel Mango 53 Foot Ketch - on the hard in St Mary's Georgia (I am not a broker) this boat is offered by her owner
This world wide equiped crusing boat has owned and loved by the same owners for 35 years. Life changes are bringing this vessel to the market to the right buyer. This particular Amel has been beautifuly maintained by her owners. The wife was an artist and the husband was an engineer. There has been a few smart modifications over the years. Most notibly is the conversion of the walkway berth to a full on workshop complete with the equivelent of a floating hardware store. Just about any piece of hardware you could ever need is neatly stored and organized. Tools have dedicated places where they live during passages. This design is similar to Henri Amels personal Mango. The walkway provided additional access to the extra large engine room located under the cockpit floor (floor opens as well).
Aft is a large standing state room with private head. Tall adults will have no issue stretching out on this double berth. Extra lounge area is here for reading as well as a fold out table for any work related projects.
The salon and galley has been modified for the owners taste as well as long term crusing. The galley modifications include replacement of the original Amel Stand up fridge to a 14.4 cf, well insulated (6”-10”) top loading Norcolder fridge with extra large lid and midway plexiglass shelving to access food without having to “rummage”. Fridge can be defrosted without removing food and pump at the lowest point removes water from defrosting.
The fridge is extremly large ad 8 cf. Both the Fridge and Frigibar freezer (8.0 CF) have 3 methods of power (e.g., AC, DC, and engine). Spare compressor and many extra supplies. Fridge and freezer engine drive designed by Dick Coleman.. The owners have stored nearly a years worth of frozzen provisions.
Speaking of storage, Northern Goose, has an extreme amount of storage as you can notice in the pictures. From spare parts to tools to provisions. everything can have a dedicated spot of storage.
The front cabin is set up for two people to have their own individual bunks but an insert can be added to allow three people to sleep in the front cabin. Another full head with wet shower is located between the salon and fwd cabin. A large hanging locker is located to stbd.
The salon easily seats 8 to 10 people but the custom table is set up for couple and is easily expanded for larger gatherings.
As with all Amels the cockpit is spacious for crew yets is probably the one of best cockpit designs for keeping the crew safe. This particular amel has had additional rigging installed for added strenght as well as an inner sail on its on stay with manual roller furling.
The main and mizzen are both traditional with no elecric motors to fail and because of its size and new equipment the sails are easy for one person to manage. The fwd sail benefits from a new furler.