2001 Super Maramu Headliner

Rick Stanley

Hey folks anyone know a source for the vinyl beige headliner material AMEL used to use? Maud says AMEL no longer carries it.

Thanks!!

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea
Rock Hall, MD

JB Duler

Rick, Sailrite told me there is shortage of headliners but they have similar products.
If the headliner is not sagging, that PVC takes paint quite well and it does not crack.
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Rick,

Regrettably fabrics, vinyl, and wallpaper styles, colors, and designs change annually. I know that Amel has not had any since before the end of the SM production because some of the last SMs has A54 vinyl wallpaper.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 1:40 PM JB Duler <jbduler@...> wrote:
Rick, Sailrite told me there is shortage of headliners but they have similar products.
If the headliner is not sagging, that PVC takes paint quite well and it does not crack.
--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco
Meltem # 19, Western Med

Paul Stascavage

Rick,

I am not sure if you were looking to repair a small area or if you were looking to replace the whole headliner.  If you were looking to replace the whole thing, Maud may still be able to obtain the material that was used on the late model SM.  Ours is hull 466 and we were able to purchase some from Maud about 2 years ago.  It is a white vinyl material with padded backing.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Currently Exploring Norfolk, VA