220 volt microwave replacement in SM

Kevin Schmit

I’m looking to purchase a new 220 volt microwave that fits in our SM microwave cabinet (approx 23”x13.5”x15”). Has anyone replaced theirs here in the USA and if so which model fits in the space without too much customization?
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA

Mark McGovern

Kevin,

We purchased this one:  https://www.220togo.com/whirlpool_25_liter_microwave_with_grill_756

It fits the space almost perfectly and requires no modification to the shelf or mount in order to secure it.  The only issue is the plug is not the same so you either have to re-terminate it or use an adapter to plug it in.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara

Bill Kinney

Kevin,

In addition to 220togo.com, that Mark quotes above, another source for 220V small appliances for boats based in 120V countries is amazon.co.uk  Most things ship quickly to the USA, and they have a wide selection, as you would expect.  We have used both depending on who has what in stock at the time.

I suspect the same might be true for the French Amazon outlet, but I am not conversant enough in French to have that be a help to me!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA, USA

Ian Townsend

We get our 220v appliances in the USA from www.Eastwestintl.com or
www.220-electronics.com/220-volt-appliances.html

Ian
Loca Lola II
SM153
West Palm Beach, FL

In addition to 220togo.com, that Mark quotes above, another source for 220V small appliances for boats based in 120V countries is amazon.co.uk  Most things ship quickly to the USA, and they have a wide selection, as you would expect.  We have used both depending on who has what in stock at the time.

I suspect the same might be true for the French Amazon outlet, but I am not conversant enough in French to have that be a help to me!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA, USA

Mark Erdos

We replaced ours with a confection toaster oven. I can count on one hand how often we used the microwave. Now we have a vastly expanded menu thanks this.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

I’m looking to purchase a new 220 volt microwave that fits in our SM microwave cabinet (approx 23”x13.5”x15”). Has anyone replaced theirs here in the USA and if so which model fits in the space without too much customization?
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Currently in Brunswick, GA

Peter Forbes

This is very interesting- we have never used our microwave (not once) and the combi electric oven/toaster is a really good thought.

Peter Forbes
Carango 54-035
Lymington UK

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 at 10:42, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

[...]

<20211122_093240.jpg>

Michael Winand

Hi Eric   we have a portable induction plate   sometimes we used it out in the cockpit. It just sits on the bench top or the gas top.
Michael Nebo sm251

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021, 10:12 am EricOpdeweegh, <sv.abayomi@...> wrote:
[...]

EricOpdeweegh

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply.
Where are you stationed ?
Would love to see some photos of your set-up with the combi oven .

Regards
Eric & Els Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi
SM 158
Currently in Holland

Op 22 nov. 2021 om 06:35 heeft Michael Winand <mickwinand@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

<20211122_163117.jpg>

Michael Winand

Eric we are currently on the nsw coast heading to Melbourne  Australia

Regards Michael Nebo sm251

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021, 6:40 pm EricOpdeweegh, <sv.abayomi@...> wrote:
[...]

Wauw that is great.

I was in NE  from Cairns and did a 10 day liveaboard some years ago with Mike Ball . Fantastic

Also was down near near Townsville diving on the SS Malongo.  Super dive with all that the GB reef offers in one dive

Anyway enjoy

Fair winds

Eric  ( and Els) Opdeweegh

Sv Abayomi SM 158

Mr. P. C. Vermaatlaan 17

3176 XC Poortugaal (Rotterdam) The Netherlands

Phone  +31621240217

Email     sv.abayomi@...