Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Awnings

Anne-Sophie Schmitt <nearlynothing@...>

From experience Antigua Sails in English Harbour,
Antigua do really good work at a fair price, one of
the very few fair price things you can get on
Antigua.. Contact Graham at Antigua Sails. The
downside, unless Graham can get on to an SM in Antigua
to measure & fit, is that you won't get your
awnings/bimini right away. But, maybe he can get to an
SM. Regards, Claude Roessiger
--- Luc Lussier <pll@...> wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to sail to Guadeloupe in December
(from La Rochelle) and would like to know if anyone
has a recommendation for awnings for a SM-2000.

As we will be spending 6 months in the sunny
caribbean, we are looking for a good protection and
practical design for easy assembly & disassembly.

Luc Lussier

removed]

http://faith.yahoo.com

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

Dear Luc,

We are sailing our SM2000 in Greece which is also very sunny. We have the
Amel extension to the cockpit awning and found it very usefull and easy to
setup. We do not know why they do not recommend it but I ordered and
received it ater two days by DHL. You can even motor or motorsail with the
awning because it is very well designed.

Best Regards
Dimitris
S/Y Almalibre
www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr>

I'm planning to sail to Guadeloupe in December (from La Rochelle) and
would like to know if anyone has a recommendation for awnings for a SM-2000.

As we will be spending 6 months in the sunny caribbean, we are looking
for a good protection and practical design for easy assembly & disassembly.

Luc Lussier

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17050657
92:HM/A=810327/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupweb/S=17050657
92:HM/A=810327/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=212804.2460941.3878106.2273195/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=810327/rand=474118062>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Luc Lussier <pll@...>

Dear Dimitris,

I have also ordered this from Amel , but have heard that for extended trips
(i.e. 5 months) in the sun, it is better to get a larger area covered, and
that these are found in Antigua in the caribbean.

I liked your website. How difficult was it to design it ? I'd like to do
something similar for our trip. Please let me know which program you
recommend to design the website.

Cheers,
[...]

I am sure that the awning will satisfy you. I do not believe that you need
something else but I will be glad to hear from you afterwards.

Regarding the internet site I used Microsoft FrontPage. During the trip I
used a Sony video camera PC9E for the videos and also the photos. The Sony
camera can be very easily connected to the laptop PC (XP Home edition
operating system) we used onboard. In Italy and Greece we had very fast
internet connection so it was easy to send all this information.

Best Regards

Dimitris Krassopoulos
S/Y Alma Libre

www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr> >