Topics

Notebooks on board for SM electrical wireing

Hanspeter Bättig <hanspeter.baettig@...>

Can anyone tell me how he installed his notebook in terms of the electrical supply. I need to connect 2 notebooks; one in a drawer under the radar and one in the foreward cabin for the children.
Is a e.g. 200 W converter (12V/220V the right choise. Were do you connect the 12 V, maybe from the television panel? Is a converter 24V to 220V availabal on the market. I did not found one so far in Switzerland.
Hanspeter Baettig
SM#16

Stephan Regulinski

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Hanspeter Bättig
<hanspeter.baettig@b...> wrote:
Can anyone tell me how he installed his notebook in terms of the
electrical supply. I need to connect 2 notebooks; one in a drawer
under the radar and one in the foreward cabin for the children.
Is a e.g. 200 W converter (12V/220V the right choise. Were do you
connect the 12 V, maybe from the television panel? Is a converter
24V to 220V availabal on the market. I did not found one so far in
Switzerland.
Hanspeter Baettig
SM#16
Hans,

I had Amel install a 24v to 110v inverter in the hanging locker for
my US-purchased electronics. The same inverter can be purchased in
any combination of 12/24v DC to 110/220v AC. Check the West Marine
catalogue or westmarine.com online. It is a pure sine wave inverter
and works wonderfully for my printers as well. I bought a 1000W
inverter which is a little expensive, but powers everyting.

Stephan
SM2000 #303