From: Hanspeter Battig [mailto:hanspeter.baettig@...]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 12:16 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Notebooks on board for SM electrical wireing

Can anyone tell me how he installed his notebook in terms of the electrical
supply. I need to connect 2 notebooks; one in a drawer under the radar and
one in the foreward cabin for the children.
Is a e.g. 200 W converter (12V/220V the right choise. Were do you connect
the 12 V, maybe from the television panel? Is a converter 24V to 220V
availabal on the market. I did not found one so far in Switzerland.
Hanspeter Baettig
SM#16

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4374531.2848452/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=580478432>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Dimitri

Can you eleaborate on what the Amel laptop option is.

Vito Ciaravino
ASM 283
--- In amelyachtowners@..., Krassopoulos Dimitris
<dkra@p...> wrote:
Dear Hanspeter,

I have on my SM an inverter installed that supplies both the
TV/Video and a
plug for the laptop at the chart table. Amel has very cleverly
installed a
plug/switch system and I can plug the systems directly to the shore
in order
not to use the inverter if I wish . As the loads of the laptop are
low you
can also supply a laptop in the front cabin.

I had the Amel laptop option which is excellent but I am wondering
what do
you plan to do for the installation of the laptop in the front
cabin. The
next project will be a wireless lan I am studying it right now,

Regards

D.Krassopulos
S/Y Alma Libre
www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr>

Can anyone tell me how he installed his notebook in terms of the
electrical
supply. I need to connect 2 notebooks; one in a drawer under the
radar and
one in the foreward cabin for the children.
Is a e.g. 200 W converter (12V/220V the right choise. Were do you
connect
the 12 V, maybe from the television panel? Is a converter 24V to
220V
availabal on the market. I did not found one so far in Switzerland.
Hanspeter Baettig
SM#16

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=247865.3003379.4374531.2848452/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=580478432>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Krassopoulos Dimitris <dkra@...>

The Amel Laptop option is a wooden tray above the chart table. This tray can
be pushed back in order to hide completely the laptop or pulled forward and
secured. Under the tray is a lamp in order to light the charts. On the tray
is a plate of wood on which you fasten your laptop. This plate can be also
secured by a screw from under the tray and it permits you to rotate and pull
forward the laptop in order to have a better position of the screen. If you
want I can send you a photo of the arrangement. It is simple but very
useful. On the wooden plate I have fastened a replicator port of my laptop
so I just place the laptop on this port and the GPS interface and the power
supply are automatically plugged to the laptop through the port( very easy
and fool proof). I believe that the car power supply (12V) to the laptops
are damaging the internal laptop batteries so I prefer the 220 V charger
through a heavy duty sine inverter who is also supplying the TV set.

In case you need more information, I will be glad to send . I will try to
put some pictures also in my web site.

Dimitris Krassopoulos

www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr <http://www.almalibre.gr> >

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l? <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?>
M=247865.3003379.4374531.2848452/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=580478432>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> > .

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17050657
92:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=778388176>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Szabo Geza <szabog@...>

Hi,

why do you think, that the supply will damage the internal batteries?

Cheers
Geza Szabo
http://rotorman.hu

[..] I believe that the car power supply (12V) to the laptops
are damaging the internal laptop batteries so I prefer the 220 V charger
through a heavy duty sine inverter who is also supplying the TV set.
[...]

asm283 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., Krassopoulos Dimitris
Dimitri

Thank you for the information. Yes a picture of this setup would be
very helpfull. Maybe you can post it on this site.

Vito Ciaravino
ASM 283