When we talked to Amel about it a while back, they explained that the problem is with the "Smart Charger" (an option we bought) because it pushes the voltage up to 28V frequently (when you are on shore power) which is to much for the halogen light bulbs. This makes lots of sense, but it's still frustrating to switch out light bulbs all the time.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

S/Y Linnea
Walter Lundstrom

jjwiggin2000 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "the Lundstroms"
<linneasail@h...> wrote:
Untitled DocumentWe have had "Linnea" fore about 9 months (hull
#366). We have to change our interior light bulbs all the time
(particular the small halogen ones). Even though we try to not have
all the lights on, we end up switching out about 2-3 light bulbs per
week.

When we talked to Amel about it a while back, they explained that
the problem is with the "Smart Charger" (an option we bought) because
it pushes the voltage up to 28V frequently (when you are on shore
power) which is to much for the halogen light bulbs. This makes lots
of sense, but it's still frustrating to switch out light bulbs all the
time.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

S/Y Linnea
Walter Lundstrom
We sure do, but not as bad.

Jim Wiggin, ANTARES

Stephan Regulinski

When installing the halogen bulbs, you MUST clean the bulb first with
alcohol and then not touch it with your fingers. This is true even
if you remove the bulb from the package without touching it. These
bulbs are exceptionally sensitive to contamination. I keep a small
bottle of alcohol in the same tupperware box as the spare halogen
bulbs. My bulb life is up dramatically.

#366). We have to change our interior light bulbs all the time
(particular the small halogen ones). Even though we try to not have
all the lights on, we end up switching out about 2-3 light bulbs per
week.

When we talked to Amel about it a while back, they explained that
the problem is with the "Smart Charger" (an option we bought) because
it pushes the voltage up to 28V frequently (when you are on shore
power) which is to much for the halogen light bulbs. This makes lots
of sense, but it's still frustrating to switch out light bulbs all
the time.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

S/Y Linnea
Walter Lundstrom

dgoffaux <dgoffaux@...>

Hi,

I have SM #135 and recently changed the original 50 amp charger for a
Mastervolt 100 amp, with smart regulation. And I began to burn all my
halogen bulbs because the charger goes to 28.5 V. The solution was to
switch to 28V bulbs, as recommended by Mastervolt. I have had no
problem since, but cannot tell yet how long they will last.

Good Luck.

Daniel Goffaux
on "Passion"

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Stephan Regulinski"