Topics

Insurance

danscoggin <danscoggin@...>

Hi, I am taking delivery of hull #430 Nov. 17th. I am in the process
of shopping for insurance. The Lauderdale broker Joel suggested says
that his carriers require three or more crew for offshore passages.
Does anyone know a good carrier that insures couples making offshore
passages?

Thanks, Dan

Zanareva

Dan,

Seven Seas Cruising Association has a number of insurers listed on
their web site. In particular, Bluewater has insured quite a few
members in the past. Check out more at: http://ssca.org/insrlink.htm

Also, the Dashews (who have many miles sailing doublehanded their 60
footer (Sundeer) and 80 footer (Beowulf) were asked about insurance.
Here's what they said in their web site http://www.setsail.com:

"How do you get insurance to sail as a couple on BEOWULF? I have
friends with a Tayana 52 in Hawaii, who are now kind of stranded
because their Lloyds policy requires four crew and the other couple
(the guy actually) wimped while they were all headed for NZ. Or do
you sail bare (which is what I am doing right now as a
singlehander)? -Lesley"
"Hi Lesley: Our policy allows us to sail with just two. It is
written with Cigna, and our agent is Paul Itel at Serve
Underwriters. Paul's number is 805-730-7370/800-537-3738. I know the
availability varies with boat size, equipment, and the experience of
the crew. Good luck--Steve Dashew"

Best regards,

Richard Tate
SM "Spice"

jjwiggin02 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "danscoggin" <danscoggin@y...>
wrote:
Hi, I am taking delivery of hull #430 Nov. 17th. I am in the process
of shopping for insurance. The Lauderdale broker Joel suggested says
that his carriers require three or more crew for offshore passages.
Does anyone know a good carrier that insures couples making offshore
passages?

Thanks, Dan
You might want to try Offshore Risk Management at 305-743-7711 or
800-773-0105.
I have heard of problems with Bluewater, but am not sure of their
present status. They did have an "affiliation" with SSCA which they
no longer have.

Jim Wiggin