Topics

Raymarine and laptops

edmund_steele

Paul,
I upgraded my boat SM331 to the Raymarine electronics. The
chartplotter / radar display uses CMAP NT (or NT+) cartridges. In
order to make my laptop software compatible, so I could plan
routes "offline" so to speak, I bought the Raytech Navigator program
from Raymarine, plus a USB port reader for the cartridges. You can
also buy an NMEA to SEATALK converter box so that you can hook your
laptop into your nav system. The documentation for the Raytech
navigator program is amazingly poor but the interface is fairly
intuitive and the on-line help is OK. I bought the software and
cartridge reader from www.landfallnav.com.
Ed Steele
DoodleBug #SM331