Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Life raft

silkair@...

Could anyone give me any positive or negative comments about a 15 year old
Deutsche Parachute 6-man liferaft.
Thanks, Michael P. McCarthy

Joel F. Potter <jfpottercys@...>

Hi Mr. McCarthy,

Don't know anything specific, good or bad, about this brand of raft.
However, most reputable life raft service companies that I am familiar with
won't repack a raft that is older than ten years. Seems the material used
to make them degrades and losses strength over the years.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joel F. Potter
SUPER MARAMU #400 "MARY BROWN"

Hans-Joachim Schröder <Achimschro@...>

Hello Michael,

no specific information available for this particular liferaft. The manufacturer was highly recognized in Germany for the quality of their products. Their focus is no longer on liferafts for leisure boats.

The website is: www.bfa-augsburg.de

Hope this helps.

Regards

Achim Schröder
Kirk # 81 "Assis"

Could anyone give me any positive or negative comments about a 15 year old
Deutsche Parachute 6-man liferaft.
Thanks, Michael P. McCarthy

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor