Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Anchors

Randy Kilmon <drifter01us@...>

We replaced our CQR with a Spade (66 pounds). We
highly recommend it.
Randy Kilmon
"Drifter"

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

Luis Gonzalez Vallejo <l_gonzalezvallejo@...>

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
Luis
"Aloysius"

Randy Kilmon <drifter01us@yahoo.com> wrote:
We replaced our CQR with a Spade (66 pounds). We
highly recommend it.
Randy Kilmon
"Drifter"

Dear Luis, We have had excellent results from our 30 kg Spade, from Europe to Chile.Having used a cqr, Bruce and Delta on a variety of boats I really think that, weight for weight, this anchor is a significant breakthrough in design and performance.Ian and Judy Jenkins, Pen Azen, SM 302, Chile

From: "l_gonzalezvallejo" <l_gonzalezvallejo@yahoo.es>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchors
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:42:16 -0000

Hello from Alicante,Spain,
I am looking for an anchor to replace the original CQR,I thank your
advice,type and recommended weight.
Regards
Luis

Yahoo! Groups Links

Tired of 56k? Get a FREE BT Broadband connection http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband

Luis Gonzalez Vallejo <l_gonzalezvallejo@...>

Thank you for your advice, surely I will get the Spade 30kg.Good luck in Chile.
Saludos,Luis "Aloysius"

From: "l_gonzalezvallejo" <l_gonzalezvallejo@yahoo.es>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:42:16 -0000

Hello from Alicante,Spain,
I am looking for an anchor to replace the original CQR,I thank your
advice,type and recommended weight.
Regards
Luis

Yahoo! Groups Links

Anne and John Hollamby <hollamby@...>

Message text written by INTERNET:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<
There was a lot of stuff about anchors in this site about a couple of
months ago. All anchors need to be deployed properly in uncompromising
bottoms and none is perfect in all conditions. However the CQR was a good
design 60 years ago but has passed its sell by date!
Regards. Anne and John Bali Hai, SM319

Luis Gonzalez Vallejo <l_gonzalezvallejo@...>

Thank you for your advise ,I will try to get Spade
30kg following the good results of others Amels.
Regards,
Luis "Aloysius"

Anne and John Hollamby <hollamby@compuserve.com>
escribi:
---------------------------------
Message text written by
INTERNET:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
<
There was a lot of stuff about anchors in this site
about a couple of
months ago. All anchors need to be deployed properly
in uncompromising
bottoms and none is perfect in all conditions. However
the CQR was a good
design 60 years ago but has passed its sell by date!
Regards. Anne and John
Bali Hai, SM319

Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versin GRATIS
Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y ms...
http://messenger.yahoo.es

Ian Shepherd <g4ljf@...>

Dear Louis,

I would agree that the Spade is the best all round anchor you can get at the
moment. It fits the Amel bow roller well and it's extra weight in the tip
compared to the Bugel makes sure that it always comes over the roller the
right way up, which is not the case with the Bugel. I have used both anchors
and both have excellent holding power on most bottoms.

Good Luck

Ian

Crusader SM 414