Hot cockpit

johnabo2003 <no_reply@...>

I am very interested in the Super Maramu, but I am a bit concerned
that there will not be enough airflow through the cockpit with such a
high fixed dodger.

Has anybody found that when sailing in the Caribbean, that there is
not enough air flow when at anchor or beating in light winds?

Also, what are your experiences with air flow through the rear cabin
area?

jfolino901 <jfolino901@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, johnabo2003 <no_reply@y...>
wrote:
I am very interested in the Super Maramu, but I am a bit concerned
that there will not be enough airflow through the cockpit with such
high fixed dodger.

Has anybody found that when sailing in the Caribbean, that there is
not enough air flow when at anchor or beating in light winds?

Also, what are your experiences with air flow through the rear
cabin
area?
WHILE THE COCKPIT ISN'T AIR-CONDITIONED AS THE CABIN SPACE IS, THE
PORT SIDE WINDOW IN THE DODGER DOES OPEN FOR AIR FLOW. I JUST DRINK A
LOT OF ICE WATER AND OTHER REFRESHING ICE COLD BEVERAGES!

THE AFT CABIN IS BEST FITTED WITH HELLA FANS. THESE MOVE ENOUGH AIR
TO MAKE SLEEPING TOLERABLE.
JOHN FOLINO SM#347 SULAJON

noeliano244

wrote:
I am very interested in the Super Maramu, but I am a bit concerned
that there will not be enough airflow through the cockpit with
such a
high fixed dodger.

Has anybody found that when sailing in the Caribbean, that there
is
not enough air flow when at anchor or beating in light winds?

Also, what are your experiences with air flow through the rear
cabin
area?
After an uncomfortable first year on NOELIA we finally took the wind
scoop we purchased for the forward cabin (which we had never needed
to use) and placed it aft so as to direct the airflow from the front
of the boat into the aft cabin. We have been most comfortable ever
since and have even needed a light blanket from time to time. We
have spent the last four winters in the Caribbean so the
temperatures have been comparable to Greece. Of course this is
an "at anchor" solution, and underway if we are spending time in the
aft cabin, we use the Hella fans.