From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of wilfridamel
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 3:57 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel 54 impressions/cutter rig

-I have added one on my own. The stay is attached to the central
vertical split grp panel with two stainless stell plates.
The solent is 25sqmeters (250 square feet?)
works fine and avoid destrying the genoa too fast.
Sailed upwind this summer in a 25-30knots wind, at 50° real wind, much
better than on a half furled genoa.

-- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Rouse" <judyrouse@h...>
wrote:
Did you also notice that it is now cutter rigged? Now I'm wondering
how
much trouble it would be to rig a solent stay on the SM2. Anyone
know if
Amel offers a chainplate kit for such, or has anyone added one on
their own?

Judy

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group "amelyachtowners
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners> " on the web.

_____

wilfrid.lenaour <wilfrid.lenaour@...>

The stay is attached through a T shaped that passes through a hole in the profile. the solent is on a profurl furler.

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group "amelyachtowners
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amelyachtowners> " on the web.