Topics

MARAMU ORIGINAL MASTER SWITCH

Alejandro Paquin

Can anyone help me answer these questions regarding the original
Maramu electrical master switch setup:

1. Can the selector be rotated both clockwise and counterclockwise
without causing harm to the switch or other systems?

2.If I start the engine on the SECOURS position (all battery banks
together) can I switch back to NORMAL position with the engine running?

3.If I leave the selector in the SECOURS position with the engine
running (and both alternators running of course) will I be charging
both battery banks at the same time? Is it safe to run the engine in
this position any period of time?

Alex Paquin
SIMPATICO
Maramu #94

volkerkissling <no_reply@...>

Hi Alex,

I just took my selector apart a few days ago and learned something
interesting:

In the Secours position only the service battery bank will start the
engine. The engine battery does not have a contact in that position.
I assume AMEL did this, so the service battery will not be damaged
if there is a short circuit in the engine battery bank.

It is pretty easy to disassemble the selector. You can take away
layer after layer and verifiy, how the positions are switched.

Fair winds

Volker
LA GITANA
Marmau #82