[Amel Yacht Owners] EUTIKIA

svmalaika@...

Giovanni,

AMEL offer a "full cover" cockpit closure as an option. It attachs to the aft
end of the half-cover and extends beyond the mizzen mast. We have used ours
for four winters living aboard and are very happy with it. You can either
purchase one directly from AMEL or have one made to their design.

I'm not sure I understand your HF radio question. We have an AMEL installed
Furuno SSB that works perfectly. However, we have not yet used it for email
since cell phone connectivity is good in the Med.

Fair winds,

Charlie Cronheim
S/V MALAIKA II (SM #336)
Barcelona, SPAIN

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

Hi Giovanni

Any chance of posting a photo of your full cover onto the site?

Regards, Roger
Message from Roger Banks
Mobile: 0407 91 4601
Home: +61 2 6291 4601

On 31/10/2005, at 5:16 PM, svmalaika@aol.com wrote:

Giovanni,

AMEL offer a "full cover" cockpit closure as an option. It attachs
to the aft
end of the half-cover and extends beyond the mizzen mast. We have
used ours
for four winters living aboard and are very happy with it. You can
either
purchase one directly from AMEL or have one made to their design.

I'm not sure I understand your HF radio question. We have an AMEL
installed
Furuno SSB that works perfectly. However, we have not yet used it
for email
since cell phone connectivity is good in the Med.

Fair winds,

Charlie Cronheim
S/V MALAIKA II (SM #336)
Barcelona, SPAIN

Sailing Sailing yacht Amel
Boating sailing

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

svmalaika@...

The cover I am describing is a FULL COVER that makes an entirely enclosed
room out of the cockpit. It has side curtains and large clear panels that slope
aft from the mizzen mast to about one third of the way back on the aft deck. It
becomes a heatable and useable space in the winter.

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II
Barcelona, SPAIN

svmalaika@...

Don't know how to post photos, but could probably email a few to someone who
could post them. The cover is white and made of the same material as the
folding portion of the dodger.

Charlie
S/V MALAIKA II
Barcelona, SPAIN

Roger Banks <roger.banks@...>

Hi Charlie

What colour is the full cover? Any chance of posting photos on the site?

Regards, Roger
Message from Roger Banks
Mobile: 0407 91 4601
Home: +61 2 6291 4601