Topics

ais "RADAR"

eric freedman

Hi,

I just finished installing this AIS "radar" unit on my boat and it works
great.

It only took 2 hours to install. I believe it is a very worthwhile
investment

Fair Winds,

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

http://www.allgadgets.co.uk/ag/product.asp?pf%5Fid=AG3928
<http://www.allgadgets.co.uk/ag/product.asp?pf%5Fid=AG3928&dept%5Fid=7>
&dept%5Fid=7

galacsea2000 <no_reply@...>

Eventhough the word is in "quotation Mark", please do not use "Radar"
with AIS.
On your radar screen, what you see is what you get WHERE YOU ARE AND
NOW (assuming everything is working properly). With AIS, what you get
is what the other ships ARE TELLING YOU..... not only can it be
incorrect but more imPortantly it is RARELY timely.
On a recent crossing from Turkey to Tunisia, I followed on my AIS
screen a vessel on a somewhat similar route and found that I could not
have relied on AIS for collision avoidance.