watermaker

eric freedman

Gary,
my crew said the water tasted funky on the trip home from st martin .
i just hooked up the omega salinity tester and the water pinned the
instrument. I am going to drain the tank and go out and fil it with
filtered dock water . i will take the boat out into the sea and get
some water directly from the watermaker , i think this is futile but
i will give it a try. I believe my membranes are SHOT with just 66
hours on them. I believe the problem is that i pickled the unit
twice a year and used it only on passages. i think the pickle killed
the membranes.

I have a few questions. do you have the 160 lph watermaker?
what was the company that you got your membranes from?

is it necessary to remove the entire membrane asembly from the
engine room or can i just remove the hoses and the front mounting
plate to remove the watermaker?

Fair winds,
eric
kimberlite sm #376

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Eric:

Did you see my previous post on the details of repairing the membranes
including where I purchased the membranes? In my view it would be
virtually impossible to replace the membranes without removing the
entire assembly from the engine room. Access is limited and the force
required to remove the membrane end caps would make it impossible,
in my view at least.

Best of Luck

Gary