From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of amelliahona
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:18 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: watermaker

Eric:

I purchased my 0-rings from a local vendor here in Salt Lake City, Utah,
USA,
called Hydra Pak 1-801-973-7325 .
Any local supplier of O-rings should have these O-rings since they are
common
type. If all else fails let me know and I will get you some, but shipping
might
cost more than the O-rings.

Gary

Eric Wrote:

" Where did you get the "o" rings" ?"

Fair Winds,

Eric

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Eric:

The first posting was of my actual measurements of the old O-rings as
removed. I measured these with a digital micrometer. I then took the
used O-rings to HydraPak and asked them for matching the O-rings.
The closest O-rings they could come up with where those I posted in
message 2291. The HydraPak O-rings fit well and appeared to be
correct for my membrane end caps and associated parts.

The FilmTec technical bulletin literature on the Dow Corning FilmTec web
site states that small amounts of silicone lubricant on the O-rings is ok.
I highly recommend their web sit. It has lots of info on membranes,
servicing, care of, and production specs. etc.

Regards, Gary

eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Gary

You made 2 postings of the "o" ring measurements which measurements are
correct?

Is there a problem with using silicone on the "o" rings in the same area as
the membranes?

eric freedman

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the clarification.

I could not find the post that stated where you purchased your new
membranes.

Could you give me the name and contact info?

Thanks

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____