From: "pjppappas" <pjppappas@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] SNAP, CRACKEL, AND POP?
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:58:47 -0000

When below decks I hear a sound that most resembles the sound of rice
crispies, or of someone popping very small bubble wrap, or sizzling
grease. I am tied to a slip, the hull has recently been cleaned, the
zincs are good, and I am plugged in to shore power. Thank you Peter
Pappas "Callisto" SM 369

Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael Glass <mglass@...>

Whe I was docked in Gran Canaria I heard the same sound for 4 days. I was told it was small shrimp (or some such sea life) munching on or around the bottom of the hull. The sound was most pronounced in the aft cabin if you put your ear to the deck. Hope this helps.

When below decks I hear a sound that most resembles the sound of rice
crispies, or of someone popping very small bubble wrap, or sizzling
grease. I am tied to a slip, the hull has recently been cleaned, the
zincs are good, and I am plugged in to shore power. Thank you Peter
Pappas "Callisto" SM 369

Museum <museum@...>

When snorkeling you can hear the same sound and it is my experience that it
is sea urchin munching on shells and mussels. In the cold Danish waters you
won’t hear the sound as we have no sea urchin.

Regards,

Lars, Denmark

New owner of Santorin #79 “Salvagny”

_____