Rain-X

john martin <symoondog@...>

Hello, Has anyone used the product rain-x on the windshield of their boat. It works wonders on a car as the water just rolls off with little need of the wipers. The directions state not to use it on plastics unless pre-aproved by the manufacturer of the plastic. John ' Moondog' sm248

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline

Ag Av8ter

Hello John,

Instead of Rain X, try good old fashioned Lemon Pledge. I have used
it on the plexiglass of both airplanes and helicopters and now our
SM. I buy the liquid version in the pump container as it is so much
less expensive than the aerosol. Works great, easy to apply and has
not hurt the plexi on anything I have used it on.

Tony and Heidi
WORLD CITIZEN SM 266

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "john martin"
<symoondog@...> wrote:

Hello, Has anyone used the product rain-x on the windshield of
their boat.
It works wonders on a car as the water just rolls off with little
need of
the wipers. The directions state not to use it on plastics unless
pre-aproved by the manufacturer of the plastic. John ' Moondog'
sm248

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks
by style,
age, and price. Try it!
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?
ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline

RAS <ras_cornwall@...>

I've used Rain-x on sunglasses while wind surfing for years,it is expensive, though handy on sloping 'glass' windscreens when wipers fail but does build up then difficult to remove.I'd be wary putting anything on plastic windows they seem to mess up without doing anything ! Amel wannabe RAS.