question on the SM engine vent loop

john martin <symoondog@...>

Can anyone tell me how much, if any, water is normally supposed to come out of the little pipe that vents out of the engine room from the top of the anti siphon loop above the engine, and vents/drains into the cockpit drain area just forward of the line locker for the mizzen mast ? When my engine is idling a very small amount of water comes out, and when I push the rpm above 2000 rpm, quite a lot of water comes out. When I run just the generator alone, no water comes out.
Thanks much
John Martin
Moon Dog SM #248

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free quotes - *Terms https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>

Hi John,
Sounds right to me. The water comes out of the engine exhaust loop,
not the generator exhaust. It is meant to reassure you that the
intake seacock is open and that the impeller is working, without
having to look over the side at the exhaust. Your observations are
consistent with my experience.

Roy on Excalibur, SM #195

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "john martin" <symoondog@...>
wrote:

[...]

Ag Av8ter

-Hello John,

My SM #266 does the exact same thing. Everything normal. After a
few minutes of running mine stops making water out of the loop.

Good sailing,

Tony
WORLD CITIZEN
SM #266