[Amel Yacht Owners] Quantity of bowthruster oil

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Dave, We just did ours yesterday here in Annapolis. A
good grade of 90 wt. in exactly the quanity you need
is available at most boat supply store in the outboard
sections. A tube of oil can be poured right in and
that is enough. Better still using the "tube" you
don't have a smelly bottle laying about. If gear lube
spills it's on hell of a smelly mess..
Good luck and fair seas.
Richard and Joan SM 209
--- drdavegoodman <drdavegoodman@gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings all;
I have the bowthruster out for changing oil and
seals. I have gotten
conflicting info regard quantity of 90 weight oil to
put in. One
source says .3 liters, the other source 3/4 quart,
which is much more.
Any quick advice is appreciated!
Dave
s/v Bel Ami
SM #230

http://mail.yahoo.com

drdavegoodman

Great. I used .3 liters after changing all the seals, including the
prop seal. No problems!

Dave