roller furling rivets

liebling207 <liebling207@...>

Hello
We own a Super Maramu #207 and have a problem with the roller furling
rivets on the jib. There are ten of them and 7 have sheared off with
3 in a state of disrepair. Have any of you have any expience with
them. We can't seem to find any documentation with the notebooks that
came with the boat. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
James DeSalvo
S/V Liebling

Naegels Patrick <naegels@...>

Hi James,

it's a problem well known by Amel. You have to replace these rivets by
others supplied by Amel.

Maybe ask to Joel Potter.

Patrick - SM 2000 Caramel (#329)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "liebling207" <liebling207@...>
wrote:

Hello
We own a Super Maramu #207 and have a problem with the roller furling
rivets on the jib. There are ten of them and 7 have sheared off with
3 in a state of disrepair. Have any of you have any expience with
them. We can't seem to find any documentation with the notebooks
that
came with the boat. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
James DeSalvo
S/V Liebling

Craig Briggs

James,
For us this was a very simple do-it-yourself fix with off-the-shelf
Aluminium "pop-rivets". Carefully drill out the old ones, buy the
correct size replacements and Bob's your uncle. Btw, do get to it
before the rest of them fail, lest you not be able to furl the genny.
Cheers,
Craig , Santorin #68

Craig Briggs

James,
My vague recollection is also ¼ X ¾ ,but I'm not quite sure either -
suggest you just measure the depth by inserting a thin wire with a
short 90° bend on the end, hook the inside surface, mark the outside,
remove and measure. The rivit, of course, need to be about ¼ longer for
swaging. For diameter try inserting a ¼ bolt (or whatever works) and
see if you get a nice, fairly snug fit.
Craig