DANFORTH CONSTELLATION COMPASS - 1981 MARAMU

Alejandro Paquin

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"

amel46met

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Paquin"
<alex.paquin@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the plexiglass has cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"
Hello, we are Tom @ Mary Ellen on the 1983 Maramu "Aphrodite" #125. We
had our compass rebuilt a few years ago, new dome, card, light &
liquid for under $100 US in San Deigo. Just like new. Good luck....

johnsking34957 <skyfox34957@...>

wrote:

Can anyone tell me what are the specifications or model number of the
Danforth Constellation Compass installed on the Maramu in 1981?
Our hull is No.94.
I need to have it repaired or replaced since the plexiglass has
cracked
and the liquid evaporated.

Alex Paquin
s/v "SIMPATICO"
Hello, we are 1983 Maramu #124. We tried to rebuild our Constellation
for the same reasons, but parts are no longer available. We installed a
flushmount Ritchie Globemaster with no mounting problems, but steel
chain and steel sprocket steering linkage underneath played "hell" for
compensation/swinging. Had to reconfigure the compass for a black
binnacle mount, to raise the distance away from the linkage. That did
the trick; expensive but also looks good. Ritchie wanted $50+ for the
plastic binnacle cover; we used one of our kids' knit skateboard
beanies-perfect!
Sail Fast
John King
s/v "Pura Vida"