Super Maramu Climma A/C Water Pump

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Greetings,

The bushing and seal on our Climma A/C Water Pump required replacing
because of a slight leak. When I opened the pump housing I found that
the impeller also needed replacing. The impeller probably became a
victim of electrolysis when our ground strap in the bilge broke
without our notice. It is possible that something else caused the
deterioration as well.

I posted photos in a new folder "Climma A/C."

I contacted Veco-na.com in the US for parts. The had the bushing and
seal to replace the one I had in "spares," but they did not have a new
impeller. I bought a used, but like new impeller from them. This was
the only thing they had.

You might consider adding an impeller to your "spares." Or better
yet, replacing the CALPEDA pump with a new MARCH magnetic pump. I
believe MARCH is the pump that Climma recommends now.

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe - SM2 #387

drdavegoodman

Hello all;
I have a 1998 SM, purchased a year ago in St. Thomas. So far the AC water
pump is working fine with heavy use. What is the experience of the group
with these pumps. Also, what March pump is recommended by Climma for
replacement?
Thanks
Dave
s/v Bel Ami
SM #230
--
David Goodman
email: drdavegoodman@gmail.com

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Dave,

For March pumps go to
http://veco-na.com/compactboats25to65/pumps.html.

I did not ask for a reccomendation, but I presume that you would use
the P1000 - 16 GPM - Up to 60,000 Btu...because the P500 - 8 GPM - Up
to 24,000 Btu is borderline with all 3 units running.

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Goodman"
<drdavegoodman@...> wrote:

Hello all;
I have a 1998 SM, purchased a year ago in St. Thomas. So far the
AC water
pump is working fine with heavy use. What is the experience of the
group
with these pumps. Also, what March pump is recommended by Climma
for
replacement?
Thanks
Dave
s/v Bel Ami
SM #230
--
David Goodman
email: drdavegoodman@...
cell: 608-772-0634
STT: 340-998-2169

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Bill:

I just now read your post and saw your pictures of the AC water
pump impeller.
Looks like you have already been in contact with the folks a Veco that I
just sent you contact information for and already know about March
Pumps. I purchased my March pump from a local distributor for
March pumps at a significant discount from the price offered by
Coastal Climate Control, Inc. (aka Veco USA).

Any chance the damage to the impeller is just water erosion?

Gary Silver

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Gary,

I am not sure of the cause, water erosion, corrosion, or electrolysis.

I did experience a grinding and squealing noise for a short period of
time that I am certain came from the pump. The noise stopped before I
could determine the cause.

Thanks for the info on the March Pumps. Which size did you purchase?

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe
M2 #387