Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu Grounding (Bonding) Theory

Hi Gary, Our list for Guadeloupe grows, as yesterday we discovered that our copper strap in the engine room bilge has also parted, about 2" from the keel bolt.Like you, we spend 6 months a year ashore ( unconnected to shore power and with batteries switched off) .The first two years we were afloat in a marina in England but for the last 6 we have spent 5 months out of 6 at anchor.Our aircon has had light use.
Can anyone speak of reconnecting a new copper strip? Can the keel bolt be loosened and reattached while the boat is still afloat?
Cheers, Ian & Judy, *en Azen, SM 302, Trinidad
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/