From: Dave_Benjamin <dave_benjamin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: amel santorin rigging ,anchorchain
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 12:00 PM

Phil,

We use 5/16" "high test" chain which is appropriately rated. 5/16" is
about 8mm. Regular 8mm chain would not be adequate.

Keep in mind that you will need a different gypsy for your windlass so
be sure to check with the windlass manufacturer before you buy your
new chain.

Enjoy the new boat!

--- In amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com, phil.berghmans <no_reply@.. .>
wrote:

hello everyone,

i've just bougth a amel santorin 1994 in the Med.We are planning to
leave the med april/ may next year.Through the red sea or via
Gibralter Atlantic we don't know yet.

We had a survey done wich was overall quite positive (she's a clean boat
wich didn't cruise that much)Previous owner kept her in a permenent
mooring in a marina and did some daysailing i presume.

The surveyor had 2 remarks about the rigging being 14 years old and
better should be changed allthough it doesn't show any signs off teare
and weare?Does anyone have any advise or experiance with this and what
this would cost?

Second there is an 8mm galvenised anchorchain with a 20 kg cqr anchor
wich i am planning to replase by a 30kg type bugel,spade or rocna
anchor.The surveyor said the 8mm chain is to ligth for a 14m boat off
about 11 or 12 ton loaded and should be changed by a 10 mm chain?
Does anyone have any experience or advice on this?

I thank you and glad to join the club!

phil from "2 miles ahead"

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Richard: Glad to see that you made it to Spain. Drop me an email and fill me in on your
passage from Antigua to Spain.
Gary

Jose_Luis Isasi <jose.luis.isasi@...>

Hi Richard,

Glad to know you are in Spain. I live in Madrid although my boat is
berthed at Castellon (near Valencia). Drop me an email if you need
something, I´ll see to help.

Regards
Jose_Luis

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Richard Piller
<richard03801@...> wrote:

the standard chain for 53 footers is 10 mm or 3&#92;8ths dia,  that is
what they come with.  For world cruising you´ll need 100 m-yards 300
feet.
good luck Richard on Challenge in Spain

wrote:

[...]

Vicente Pereda Hernández <VPEREDA@...>

Hallo Jose Luis.
My name is Vicente Pereda, I have been long time without get into
the web and a I forgot my account name and my password how can I get
it back.
Regards from Palma
VICENTE

wrote:

[...]

Hi Vicente,

I can only see you Yahoo id (I will send it to you directly to your
email address). I do not have access to your Yahoo password (you will
have to ask Yahoo to reset it for you). Moreso, when I click on your
yahoo id I get a message of page not available (you may have been
deleted due to inactivity by Yahoo).

I hope you can get it with your Yahoo id. Otherwise you will need to
create a new Yahoo account and request membership to the group again.

Please let me know so I can delete your old account.

Regards
Jose-Luis

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, Vicente Pereda Hernández