Hella fans

rapp.jeffrey <rapp.jeffrey@...>

Hi. I'm Jeff aboard "Antares" SM 378.
I have a number of Hella fans aboard. They all seem to start to rattle
rather quickly after purchase. I presume the problem is with worn
bearings.
Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there a fix, other than
buying new fans, which are expensive? Can anyone recommend a
different, perhaps better, brand?
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Ken & Judy <goldendaze@...>

Caframo fans made in Canada.
about 30 to 40 USD. Open rubber blade is easy to clean and
about the same or more wind. 2 speed. We are replacing all
with either the black or white. We have 13 fans. I will be
glad when all the Hell-a are gone.
Golden Daze
Maramu 192
Marmaris Turkey

ladyannila <kanalmamman@...>

Hi
is it possible that you have a web or mail adress or phone number for
those Caframo fans?

/Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM 232

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ken & Judy" <goldendaze@...>
wrote:

Caframo fans made in Canada.
about 30 to 40 USD. Open rubber blade is easy to clean and
about the same or more wind. 2 speed. We are replacing all
with either the black or white. We have 13 fans. I will be
glad when all the Hell-a are gone.
Golden Daze
Maramu 192
Marmaris Turkey

Howard Berger

Here's an address for the Caframo fans:

http://www.caframo.com/marine/marine_products.php

Howard Berger
s/v Jazz
Maramu 144

Ken & Judy <goldendaze@...>

Caframo Fans, Canada
Contact:
www.caframo.com/corporate/common_contactus.php

Products:
http://www.caframo.com/marine/marine_products_12voltfans.php

We use the 747 in the cabins, 743 in the heads, but would get
the 747 for the heads as well in hindsight. Replacement blades
are availible. only broke one in the engine
room after several tools and my appendages hit it. We have 2
on the cockpit windshield, with suction cup.

We purchased ours from:
White, 757 (fixed mount, no suction cup, no lighter plug) $29.75 each.
Replacement blade was $4.79.
http://www.downwindmarine.com/
http://www.downwindmarine.com/Fan-Screw-Mount-12-Volt-p-705674.html

Black come as 747 only (fixed mount and suction cup, lighter plug)$39.99
Mfr # 747DCBCS Our Stock # 338260128
http://www.eangler.com/product/338260102msk.htm