From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of peter pappas
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:11 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel] Stern Bridel

For stern rodes I pass the rode inside the back stay; using another line
from the opposite cleat I attach it too the rode using a prussix not. It
makes an easy and adjustable bridel. Peter Pappas sm369 Nicaragua

--- On Wed, 12/31/08, kimberlite <kimberlite@optonlin

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonlin <mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>
e.net>
Subject: RE: [Amel] New Set of Sails
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 10:34 PM

I forgot to mention, that the bridle of the drogue rubs on the backstays and
needs hourly attention to the chafe gear. I will change this arrangement
soon.

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin <mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>
e.net>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>
yahoogroups. com
Date: Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 6:06 PM

Hi,

Offshore and in the Caribbean we use an approximately 10 ounce Doyle sail
Yankee cut and about 110 percent. If you have light air our Gennaker and 1
/1/2 oz genoa for light air.

The heavy weather sail was made specifically to furl to at least 50 percent
and we have tested it in over 50 knots recently. It is a beautiful sail and
i strongly recommend that specific Doyle sail. It was measured on board so
we could furl it and still have good shape when highly furled.

Over 50 knots steady we went to bare poles and then beyond that we went to
the Jordan series drogue. If you don't have one of those on board you are
making a BIG mistake.

Fair Winds,

From: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo. <mailto:karkauai% 40yahoo.com> com>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>
yahoogroups. com
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Richard/Joan,
I've gone ahead and ordered both headsails (the 145 and
110) from Banks/Gulfcoast. Hoping to get the boat to
Galveston (by truck from Lake Texoma) in the next week and
have her ready to go in time to sail to S Fla. by mid Jan.

What kind of storm sail do you use? I know there is a
storm sail of some kind on the boat, but I don't know
yet what kind or what kind of shape it's in. I'm
in NC and the boat's in TX.

Yipppppeeeee! !!!!!!
Kent

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Richard Piller

From: Richard Piller <richard03801@ <mailto:richard0380 1%40yahoo. com>
yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>
yahoogroups. com
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 4:51 AM

Hi, you may wish to try Super Sails in Ft. Laurderdale FL
they give Amel owners a deal.. If you do use them get the HD
sails as they'll do better at sea... Also if you are
going to in Carib get the blaster... Good luck and congrats
on your "new" Amel
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, karkauai <karkauai@yahoo. com>

From: karkauai <karkauai@yahoo. com>
Subject: [Amel] New Set of Sails
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 9:42 AM
Ahoy, Amel Family. New member here, just bought
1999SuperMaramu on
Lake Texoma. Trucking to Galveston this mo. and trying
get her
ready to go south by mid Jan. She needs a new set of
sails, and I'd
like some opinions on what was recommended by Banks
Sails
Gulf Coast
after talking to Amel. He said that a 145% genoa was
recommended for
anything up to 30kts of wind, and a smaller headsail
~110%
for steady
winds of 20+.
145% genoa sounds like a LOT of sail. I was wondering
if
those you who
are sailing SuperMaramu' s are using this
configuration
and what you
think of it. If you're using something else,
what?,
and what are the
conditions your sailing in? I was thinking something
more
like 120-
130% genoa???

I'm going to need some hand-holding for a while,
you'll probably hear a
lot from me in the coming months.

thanks in advance for your help.
Kent Robertson

Richard Piller <richard03801@...>

Eric, we do it very simply. We lay a 3/4" line tied to both sten cleats it's about 200 feet long and we have 4 ft of 3/8 chain on it to keep it deep. It's worked time after time.
regards
Richard SM 209 in Corsica

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups. com

yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of peter pappas

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>

e.net>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>

e.net>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.
<mailto:karkauai% 40yahoo.com> com>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: Richard Piller <richard03801@
<mailto:richard0380 1%40yahoo. com>

yahoo.com>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: karkauai <karkauai@yahoo. com>
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 9:42 AM
[...]

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

Richard,

How high a wind have you had this in?

The Jordan Drogue is art least 350 feet long and starts with 1 ¼ inch
bridles.

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonlin <mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>
e.net>
To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtowners%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 10:46 PM

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups. com

yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of peter pappas

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>

e.net>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>

e.net>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: Kent Robertson <karkauai@yahoo.
<mailto:karkauai% 40yahoo.com> com>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: Richard Piller <richard03801@
<mailto:richard0380 1%40yahoo. com>

yahoo.com>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow
ners%40yahoogrou ps.com>

yahoogroups. com

From: karkauai <karkauai@yahoo. com>
To: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com
Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 9:42 AM
[...]

We were running south from GIB in 35-45 kts with 12-20 ft seas. We also used it between Bermuda Horta in 45+
Richard on Challenge SM 209

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups. com

yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Richard Piller

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@ optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite% 40optonline. net>

e.net>

To: amelyachtowners@ <mailto:amelyachtow