LED light bulbs

drdavegoodman

24volt versus 12volt LED lights? Does it matter.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "ladyannila" <kanalmamman@...>
wrote:

Hi again John
We are using Sensibulb with a SCAD Bayonet to G4 Socket Adaptor (fits
Sensibulb™ to bayonet). Works very well. No matter wich lamp below
deck.

You can find the Sensibulb LED at www.sailorsolutions.com. (The
Sendsibulb LED is actually on the frontpage right now....)

REgards
Annsofie and Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, john martin <symoondog@>
wrote:

Hi I was just getting ready to answer Mark when you e-mailed. I
used the sensibulb for the oval globes over the nav station,the
engine room and the light under the dodger. The flat glass on the
lights in the heads and galley didn't have enough height for the
sensibulb so I went with the G4 bulb, its a side mounted,flat light
bulb that fits nicely in the fixture. I use my cockpit light with an
anchor light at night because it uses so little juice and gives the
boat a nice glow at night. The G4 is sold by a lot of places,but hard
to find 24 volts. I bought 1 from marinebeam.com but the best company
is the ledshoponline.com. click on the marine division. He,s in
Australia. Real nice people. For the lights with shades on them I'm
going to try the same bulb that Mark is using in the anchor light. I
found it for $40.00 at mastlight.com. They also have the G4 but only
in 12 volts. What did you use for the bulbs in the lamps with shades,
or did you replace the whole fixture?
John "Moondog" SM248

To: amelyachtowners@: kanalmamman@: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:29:36
+0000Subject: [Amel] Re: LED light bulbs

Hi JohnWe have replaced almost all our lamps with LED. Inside we
have LED from Sailors Solutions Sensibulb. They give the same color,
warmth and strenght as the original bulbs.Our navigation lights are
Hella OnDeck Level. In the mast we haveLupolight on bothe steam and
tricolor as well as on deck lights.The Lupolights are expensive but
they are worth every penny.Annsofie and JonasS/Y Lady AnnilaSM 232

http://windowslive.com/explore?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009

ladyannila <kanalmamman@...>

Ofcorse it matters. It is depending on what electrical system you
have on the boat. On our SuperMaramu built 1998 we have 3 electrical
systems, 12, 24 and 220 Volt. And the lamps is on the 24 volt system.

/Annsofie and Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "drdavegoodman"

To: amelyachtowners@: kanalmamman@: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:29:36