Secteur Blanc Davids

Laurens & Rineke <laurens@...>

Hi

Just added some pictures of the Secteur Blanc davits on the 54
To our opinion they more in line with the boat than the davits offered by Amel. Only the solar panels are disturbing the nice lines of the arch.

More fun with Amel

Fun@Sea

Roger Frederiks <rogerfrederiks@...>

That's the stern arch ("portique") manufactured in aluminium by Teck Inox based in the Minimes marina. It has integrated davits, and in collaboration with Nautic Elec they can fit solar panels as well as a wind generator to it.

I agree it's more pleasing to the eye than the Simpson davits Amel offer as an option. Certainly more versatile also. Amel will recommend this solution if you really insist on having different davits as well as solar panels.

I gather in this case 4 x 150W Lorentz 24V solar panels are fitted on top of the arch. On a hinge, so that they can be aimed more to the sun. It also has 2 separate Eclectic Energy D400 wind gennies. Admittedly an awesome amount of alternative energy available, but, judging from the pics, that's a lot of weight and windage up there.

Personally, I am also going for this stern arch solution when I next get back to La Rochelle, but probably with fewer solar panels and only one wind generator.

As to wind generators, does anyone in this group have experience with the Air X Marine genny, fitted with the separately available blades from silentwindgenerator.com in Portugal? Apparently, they are far less noisy than the standard blades.

By the way, Laurens and Rineke, my condolences to all those in Apeldoorn, Holland who were affected by the terrible incident during "koninginnedag" (Queen's Day) yesterday.

Fair winds

Roger

s/y Poespas Amel 54 #104

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Laurens & Rineke" <laurens@...> wrote:

Hi

Just added some pictures of the Secteur Blanc davits on the 54
To our opinion they more in line with the boat than the davits offered by Amel. Only the solar panels are disturbing the nice lines of the arch.

More fun with Amel

Fun@Sea

Ralph Heilig

Can someone tell me what manufactorer and type this davits is. I awaiting a new 54 so I'm interested into this solution as an alternative for the Simpson. Also what weight it can carry.

Is there a www link with more technical details? I did not find it on the web.

Thanks

Ralph

Craig Scott

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "ralph.heilig" <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:

Can someone tell me what manufactorer and type this davits is. I awaiting a new 54 so I'm interested into this solution as an alternative for the Simpson. Also what weight it can carry.

Is there a www link with more technical details? I did not find it on the web.

Thanks

Ralph
Ralph,
The web address is www.secteurblanc.com but I do not think the web sight is working. If you have trouble connecting via the web you should email Franck Chive at Secteur Blanc. His email is "secteurblanc@aol.com". I had them look after our boat in La Rochelle last winter and they did an excellent job.
Craig
Lone Star - Amel 54 #101

Ralph Heilig

Craig

thank you for the fast response! I'm going to La Rochelle on Wednesday. I'm in the final selection of the Equipment.

Currently I have few open points I want to discuss with AMEL:

1) Iridium Sat Phone installation
2) External WLAN Antenna
3) Mastcamera (pan/tilt/zoom)

Ralph

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sv_seabbatical" <sv.lonestar@...> wrote:

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "ralph.heilig" <ralph.heilig@> wrote:

Can someone tell me what manufactorer and type this davits is. I awaiting a new 54 so I'm interested into this solution as an alternative for the Simpson. Also what weight it can carry.

Is there a www link with more technical details? I did not find it on the web.

Thanks

Ralph
Ralph,
The web address is www.secteurblanc.com but I do not think the web sight is working. If you have trouble connecting via the web you should email Franck Chive at Secteur Blanc. His email is "secteurblanc@...". I had them look after our boat in La Rochelle last winter and they did an excellent job.
Craig
Lone Star - Amel 54 #101

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

You can contact Franck at secteurblanc"at"aol.com.

Secteurblanc made custom drapries and throw pillow covers for #387 and also cockpit cushions and a really good shade cover that was custom fitted between the main and mizzen

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe SM2 #387

[...]

rossirossix4