Important Spare Parts for SM

José Gabriel Venegas <jgvenegas@...>

I bought my SM2 #278 last October and have enjoyed every second of it. We sailed her to Bahamas last December, I just brought her up to Marblehead last week in a flawless passage lasting 7 days.

However, as expected for a boat of this age, I have had to do a couple of repairs, and was lucky that the previous owner had spare parts for each of these repairs. As many of you have pointed out, as I ordered spares from France I came to experience the cost of shipping parts by AMEL who sends them next day FedEX.

Fortunately, I will be visiting France for business reasons in two weeks and will have the chance to stock up my boat with critical spare parts.
I will greatly appreciate of you could help me with your experience by suggesting which parts I should order. Has any one made a list of important AMEL spare parts?

I already have in my list:

1) bilge pump repair kit
2) Bow thruster seals ( The boat has 3 spare props)
3) Transmission seals

Any other parts for the electric furling systems?
What about electrical system spares?

Thanks a lot in advance
Jose and Magnolia
IPANEMA SM278
Marblehead, MA
USA

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Jose,

From my experience of 3 years into a circumnavigation, I would add the following (assuming that you have routine items like filters, belts, etc.:

Onan Generator MDKAV
Heat Exchanger Cap Kit 130-5176
Impeller 132-0498 old#132-0375
Impeller O Ring 132-0372
Pencil Zinc 130-4434
Switch Low Pressure (Raw Water) 309-0667

Yanmar Model 4JH3-HTE
Impeller 129670-42530
O Ring for Impeller cover X506590
Yanmar Cruise Spares Kit

Pumps:
A/C Raw Water Pump overhaul kit
Head Mascerator Pump motor complete Jabsco 37072-0094
Head Mascerator Pump repair kit Jabsco 90197-0000
Head Supply Pump rebuild kit Jabsco 30682-1000&30617-1000
Fresh Water Pump rebuild kit Reya A66B
----Woodruff key for impeller for above pump 1/8 X 3/8 Reya 035650
Bilge Sump Electric Pump rebuild kit
Bilge Sump Manual Pump rebuild kit
Bilge Sump Electric Pump Complete (orig-rebuilt 7/27/08) Marina ZZ (Reya)
Bilge Hose Strainer (Strum Box) 1 1/2" OS Diameter
Anchor wash Overhaul kit JDREX S40 24 volt
Anchor wash "L" rubber adapter

Windlass Switch Rubber Covers
Windlass Switches

Lewmar Winch service kit Size 6-64

Zinc for Spurs Line Cutter

The following from Amel (although you can find some of these elsewhere such as bearings and seals)
Amel U-Drive
Shaft Wear Bushing and Seal(3) Replacement Kit

Bow Thruster
Set of 3 foam donuts
Shaft Seal
60mm tube seal Seal
Set of Nylon prop screws (will use when servicing thruster)
Bow Thruster - nylon prop hub and stainless steel prop hub pin

I have a complete list of spares that we carry on BeBe in an Excel workbook that I can email to you. I will say that we have not touched 75% of them...possibly because we have them!!

Best,

Bill
s/v Bebe, SM2, #387
Mackay, Australia

I already have in my list:

1) bilge pump repair kit
2) Bow thruster seals ( The boat has 3 spare props)
3) Transmission seals

Any other parts for the electric furling systems?
What about electrical system spares?

Thanks a lot in advance
Jose and Magnolia
IPANEMA SM278
Marblehead, MA
USA

bootlegger@...

Jose

Would appreciate a copy of your Exel Spares List. My e-mail address is:
bootlegger@mailasail.co.im. Many thanks.

Frank Newton

S/V 'Bootleggger of Mann'
SM 2 #323

Trinidad

Jose,

From my experience of 3 years into a circumnavigation, I would add the
following (assuming that you have routine items like filters, belts,
etc.:
[...]

Dear Bill,
Thank you for your prompt replay. As I am preparing for a prolonged cruise, I would very much appreciate if you could send me a copy of the exel workbook.

My e-mail is JGVENEGAS@comcast.net

Fair winds

Jose
Ipanema, SM2 #278
Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Jose,

I uploaded the excel workbook to the Files section of this group website. Believe I named it "BeBe Spares."

Bill
SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, José Gabriel Venegas <jgvenegas@...> wrote:

Dear Bill,
Thank you for your prompt replay. As I am preparing for a prolonged cruise, I would very much appreciate if you could send me a copy of the exel workbook.

My e-mail is JGVENEGAS@...

Fair winds

Jose
Ipanema, SM2 #278
Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA

karkauai

Hi, Bill. Thanks for sharing your spares list. I've been trying to put one together and ran into a snag on the anchor wash pump. Mine appears to be an AMFA Pompe model from Italy. I can't seem to get on their website, but the motor is marked Tipo S40, No. 3895, W-200, V-24, A-7. There are no identifying marks on the pump housing. I Googled your JDREX S-40 and found a FEIT pump that looks similar and has at least 24v and 200w specs. Was wondering if this could be the same pump as mine? If not, does anyone else have the AMFA Pump and know how to get a rebuild kit/spare parts for it?

Any help appreciated.
Kent
SM243
KRISTY