From: svbebe
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 12:21 AM
Subject: [Amel] Re: Trojan 200 vs Trojan 225 Batteries for Amel SM 2000 Hull # 335

Gary,

DC Battery in Miami http://www.dcbattery.com shipped 13 batteries to us while we were in Bonaire via AmCar Freight services. I am not sure if AmCar serves Antigua. The transit time was about a week and the pallet was delivered to the dock alongside our boat. The delivery driver even handed each battery over the rail to me. Total freight cost about $260.00.

We bought Fillriver Group31's from them. They fit well...modifications included shortening some of the copper straps and cutting 2 notches in the 2" deminsion piece of mahogony under the battery compartment lid. I had not planned on cutting this and you should consider this in your measurements.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2 #387
Mackay Australia

So far the 110 amp Fullriver Grp31's have performed well.

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelliahona <no_reply@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone:
> It has come time to replace my house batteries. I have no source for a Group 31 deep cycle battery with flush caps and a SS threaded stud placement that will allow me to utilize the copper tie bar between the positive and negative post for the series (24 volt) set up in my boat.
>
> The AC Delco 1150 batteries originally fit measure 13 inches long x 6.825 inches wide x 9.5 inches tall to the top of the threaded stud and have a flush top that allows the 2x4 beam on the bottom of the bunk top to fit against the tops of the batteries:
>
> Replacement options (i.e. available to me in Antigua) are:
>
> 1. Trojan SCS225 measuring 13.94 (almost 14 inches long) x 6.75 inches wide x 9.875 inches tall to the top of the stud
>
> OR
>
> 2. Trojan SCS200 measuring 12.75 inches long x 6.75 inches wide x 9.75 inches tall to the top of the stud.
>
> Neither layout of the studs will allow me to use the existing interconnect bars. I will have to have fabricated interconnect cables. Additionally I am concerned that the 2x4 hold down beam may not clear the filler caps on the top of the batteries.
>
> Has anybody out there fitted either of these batteries to an Amel SM2000 of approximately my vintage (delivered July 2001, Hull # 335) and can tell me about their experience.
>
> Thanks to all, Gary

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Govianni,

I do not know what you mean by "it's possible to have the batteries on
board every where," and I have not needed any support, but I have seen
FullRiver sold in a number of places.

I contacted Reya (Dolphin) in France and was told that the Dolphin
24volt 100amp 220volt (24V100A) Model DOL24100/C and the Dolphin 24volt
220volt (24V30A) Model DOL2430/3 would work with AGM FullRiver GRP31
batteries.

My chargers do not have anything that can be changed. Here is the email
that I received from Reya: