From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonline.net>
Subject: [Amel] Windlass switches and covers
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 8:20 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a couple of windlass switches and covers that Amel mounted

on the Lofrans windlass. Does anyone know of a source?

Also, does anyone know of a company that can repair a Dolphin 100 amp

battery charger?

Fair Winds,

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

Ric <ric@...>

When my lofrans switch went bad, i had the handheld chain counter
mounted in the same hole. A chain counter magnect can be mounted on
the windless & counter connects to a mount where the old switch was.
Bali Hai SN24
On Jul 30, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Eric we only found that kind of switch when we were in Europe.
Finding the short threaded contact switches here is very hard to
do. They are an AMEL add on.. if you can find someone to weld up
the holes you can use the hand held switch or use a foot switch.
Good luck

By the way anyone buying a replacement Windless the new Tigeres does
not come the housing mounted switches (we mounted the hand held in
the port locker) nor does it have a place for the chain counter.
You have to drill a hold into the flange and hand grind a flat for
the nut to hold the counter element. You will also have to drill
the two holds for the counter itself. When you do that be sure to
set the end of the counter reader within .5" or less of the element.

Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 204