GPS signal

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Assuming that you have a separate GPS antenna and the RL80C hsb2 Display gets its GPS information over a seatalk network, the problem is most likely with the GPS antenna. The most likely solution is to replace the antenna.

I have seen these antennas last 6 to 7 years and in some cases longer. They tend to fail with no warning and usually when you need them the most.

If your Raymarine instrument(s) receive GPS info via a NMEA connection and the host GPS instrument is getting a GPS fix, you need to check all wiring connections and be very suspicious of any NMEA multiplexer.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe SM2, #387
Currently Malaysia

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Paul" <aebersoldp@...> wrote:

Hello all

Since a few days I do not receive a fix on my Fishfinder RL80C. Does anybody have an idea, what the reason could be?

Thanks & best regards
Paul Aebersold
SM 324

Paul <aebersoldp@...>