[Amel] Rack and Pinion

Hi Eric, I had a problem , not with my rack and pinion, but with a broken cable--once on a Sharki about 16 years ago and the second time on Pen Azen a year ago. The broken cable didn't stop us sailing about 2,300 miles till we got to Guadeloupe to replace it. At the same time the guys in Guadeloupe replaced the rack and pinion--the boat was then 9 years old with about 40,000 miles on the clock. It was not a difficult job except for separating the steering wheel which took a lot of force and care. Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Hamble

To: amelyachtowners@...
From: kimberlite@...
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:28:41 +0000
Subject: [Amel] Rack and Pinion

I believe I have a bad steering rack and pinion.
has anyone had problems with this on their super maramu?
Fair winds
eric
sm 376 Kimberlite

Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

kimberlite <kimberlite@...>

Hi Ian,

Do you recall the approximate cost of the repair?

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: kimberlite@optonlin <mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> e.net
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:28:41 +0000

I believe I have a bad steering rack and pinion.
has anyone had problems with this on their super maramu?
Fair winds
eric
sm 376 Kimberlite

Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter
http://clk.atdmt. <http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/>
com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/

Hi Eric, I may have it on the boat and will be there next week--however, the cost I paid included acquiring and replacing the two cables as well as the rack and pinion so it may not be helpful. Cheers, Ian Pen Azen SM 302

To: amelyachtowners@...