wearing out bearing lip seals

eric <kimberlite@...>

Doesavnoyone have a source for the 3 oil lip seals that fit on the wearing out bearing they fit around the propeller shaft where it exits the sail drive. two face one way and the other faces the prop. it is a lip seal with a spring strengthener inside.
I believe mu seals read Corteco I1 cfw bav4 45-65-8.
Thanks
Fair winds
Eric
Super Maramu 376.

sm

drew_gaffney <drew.gaffney@...>

Eric,
Conteco in Germany said they could only provide them in bulk and even then, they were incredibly expensive. I was referred by the US Corteco rep to:

Chuck Wilson
Carolina Seal, Inc.
1424 Cross Beam Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28217
P: 704.523.4450
F: 704.523.4478
cwilson@...
www.carolinaseal.com

He was able to provide the seal for <$7.00 each. Note that most substitutes do not have SS springs, but the ones he supplied included SS. He did a great job of tracking down alternatives when faced with Corteco's minimum order requirement.
Drew
S/V Revelation SM390

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "eric" <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Doesavnoyone have a source for the 3 oil lip seals that fit on the wearing out bearing they fit around the propeller shaft where it exits the sail drive. two face one way and the other faces the prop. it is a lip seal with a spring strengthener inside.
I believe mu seals read Corteco I1 cfw bav4 45-65-8.
Thanks
Fair winds
Eric
Super Maramu 376.

sm

jlm@jlmertz.fr

1-
It is preferable to choose a stainless steel spring for not rust if it would appear some seawater

2-
If you change the seals(which normally does not wear because it is harder than the bronze ring) do not forget to change the bronze ring in ALL CASES.

JLM
CottonBay
SM316